Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wear OS app for running Without Phone

Options
  • 25-06-2018 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know of any Wear OS apps for smartwatches which allow you to follow a training plan or an interval plan, without carrying your phone too?

I recently bought a TicWatch smartwatch for running. It's built on Wear OS. I downloaded the Runkeeper app which allows me to track my run without carrying my phone (and listen to music but I haven't got around to that).

However, the Wear OS Runkeeper app is limited to tracking GPS and pace. I was hoping to be able to use Runkeeper training plans without running with the phone as I'm slowly trying to improve my runs.

Any advice? I'm not especially bothered about owning a smartwatch. I don't really want to receive notifications on my wrist every time I get an email or a message. I got the Ticwatch because it has a heart monitor, GPS, on-board audio (4GB), and uses Wear OS so several apps are available. I just haven't found the right one.

I may end up selling it and getting a sports watch that does all of the above. The battery needs to be full if I plan to go on a longer run (80 mins) with the screen on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Try Ghostracer. I used it a few years ago when I had an early smart watch and it's really good. It can be set up to sync with Strava, Runkeeper and Smashrun.

Advertisement