Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adultery

2»

Comments

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Ah yea and as I said I also blame the girlfriends for turning a blond eye to it and accepting it. They're being taken for idiots.

Or they don't really care about the lack of trust or where their man is. Lets be honest here. Many marriages are loveless situations with people being together for their own reasons. Children, money, security, etc. It's not even the case of it being another culture... I know Irish couples who are only together because they don't want to be alone. And that's without any cheating being involved.

This almost unspoken belief that most are married for love, and commitment is false. They might have married for those reasons but, as time went by, those factors diminished to nothing.

For every 1 couple that divorce/separate, there are another 3 couples, who stick together because they don't want to hurt the kids, don't want the neighbors to know, or some other reason only important to themselves.

I couldn't do it.. but then again, I'm still unmarried in my 40s, and not through lack of choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

For every 1 couple that divorce/separate, there are another 3 couples, who stick together because they don't want to hurt the kids, don't want the neighbors to know, or some other reason only important to themselves.

Said would such authority you should have linked to the studies :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Seriously, OP, what did you observe on holiday? If the people were strangers, how do you know which were having affairs?

Said would such authority you should have linked to the studies :p

Oh, i'm plucking numbers out of the air. Figured that was obvious without stating it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Oh, i'm plucking numbers out of the air. Figured that was obvious without stating it. :D

I wouldn't be shocked if you weren't too far off the mark though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

_Dara_ wrote: »
    how do you know which were having affairs?

They were the ones having sex ! Boom! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

To quote my bachelor uncle - Tis a great sign of prosperity when a man can afford to keep 2 women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Seriously, OP, what did you observe on holiday? If the people were strangers, how do you know which were having affairs?

It was my OH's family and extended family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

In my experience, women don't forget about their man cheating.. forgive maybe (although words are cheap), but the trust is essentially gone. I'd be surprised if these wives haven't had their own revenge affairs unless they're not particularly interested in sex.

Not sure how this only applies to women. Men don't forget or trust anymore either in my experience.

• Advertisement

professore wrote: »
    Not sure how this only applies to women. Men don't forget or trust anymore either in my experience.

I stated about women because that's where the thread had focused. Just as Crea described her experience of men cheating but didn't mention any women.

Advertisement