If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube app Panasonic TXL50ET60

Options
  • 25-06-2018 6:38pm

So the youtube app on my Panisonic TXL50ET60 no longer works.
    I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and no change.
    Its an extremely important feature for me.
    App launches then cuts out of the app after a dew seconds.

any ideas?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

So the youtube app on my Panisonic TXL50ET60 no longer works.
    I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and no change.
    Its an extremely important feature for me.
    App launches then cuts out of the app after a dew seconds.

any ideas?
    Hi BrownFinger.

No ideas off the top of my head unfortunately.

You could in the first instance drop Panasonic a call in-case they have an easy fix or work around.
    You can contact them on 03448443899

Let me know what they say and we can take it from there.

Thanks Kenny,
    I talked to them and they asked me to factory reset the tv.
    I did this but no change.
    They are looking into it.
    some googleing tells me I am not alone in the matter.
    The viera smart TV platform is pure dirt ,such a shame as imo they make the best tvs!

Thanks Kenny,
    The viera smart TV platform is pure dirt ,such a shame as imo they make the best tvs!
    Hey BrownFinger.

Keep me posted on what they say and if all else fails i can arrange for an engineer to make a call to you.

Thanks Kenny,
    Hey BrownFinger.

Keep me posted on what they say and if all else fails i can arrange for an engineer to make a call to you.
    Nothing back from them yet.
    I've tried everything now.
    Also annoyingly now there is a "ding" sound every time I press a button on the app screen and I cant get it to turn off!!!!
    Have you got a pani up there with the same software you can try ? 

Thanks Kenny,
    Hey BrownFinger.

Nothing back from them yet.
    I've tried everything now.
    Also annoyingly now there is a "ding" sound every time I press a button on the app screen and I cant get it to turn off!!!!
    Have you got a pani up there with the same software you can try ? 
    Hi BrownFinger.

Was there a software update recently that might have changed or added sound effects and or conflicted with YouTube?

I will try one of the Panasonic's we have on display but they have changed and updated their operating process/system from the ET50 range.

I'll also try and see what else i can come up with for you.

• Advertisement

Hey again BrownFinger.

After doing some reading around online is seems that YouTube may have terminated the use of the app on the ET50 range.
    I'm getting conflicting stories and posts though regarding this.

If it would be the case that Youtube as pulled the plug on the support for the app it would not be something that would be covered by our extended guarantee as unfortunately it would have been  the choice by Youtube to do this.

I'll keep digging.

You could also try the below which seems to have worked for a few people:

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Ok just tried something and it works. On my TV there is the option to choose a home screen so i picked that and there is a homescreen for youtube. Picked that and it customises the home screen with youtube app, and trending videos. If i then choose the app it does not work, same issue, but if i choose one of the trending videos it works, just stop the video and you are back to the main Youtube interface where you can search and see your history etc. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Not ideal but at least I can still get Youtube...[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Again there are conflicting reports on the above method were it works for some and not for others.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Thats some impressive customer service from Richer Sounds. Fair Play.

Hey Brownfinger.

Could you send me over you full name and address in a PM so I can locate you on our system please.

Hey Again BrownFinger.

Ok, After speaking directly to Panasonic they also think that it maybe because YouTube have pulled the support for the app on the ET series as they have with other products and manufacturers over the years. Pana say that they know 100% the ET50 series no longer has the support and most models before this.
    Unfortunately this is down to YouTube themselves and out of Panasonics hands.

They have said if you give them a call yourself they can post you out a software update via USB of the latest version in the hope it may be of some help.

Again they say if the support has been pulled by YouTube this will be of no use.

Panasonic say there should be no issue at there end regards running the app.

You could also try dropping YouTube an email and ask if they have dropped the support for the ET60 series of Panasonics.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,
    Thats balls,
    The software update you speak of,
    Do you know what version it is (is the one on the website?).
    They should at least make it known on their website,they were playing dumb to me.

Hi Kenny,
    Thats balls,
    The software update you speak of,
    Do you know what version it is (is the one on the website?).
    They should at least make it known on their website,they were playing dumb to me.
    Hi BrownFinger,
    Unfortunately they didn't give us the software version.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

cursai wrote: »

I know where I’ll be buying my next TV from.

Smart TVs are ridiculous anyway. I stopped using the apps on my Panasonic. Sky Q box has Youtube and Spotify etc anyway.

cursai wrote: »

I know where I’ll be buying my next TV from.

Smart TVs are ridiculous anyway. I stopped using the apps on my Panasonic. Sky Q box has Youtube and Spotify etc anyway.
    Thanks Grab All Association!

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Ok just tried something and it works. On my TV there is the option to choose a home screen so i picked that and there is a homescreen for youtube. Picked that and it customises the home screen with youtube app, and trending videos. If i then choose the app it does not work, same issue, but if i choose one of the trending videos it works, just stop the video and you are back to the main Youtube interface where you can search and see your history etc. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Not ideal but at least I can still get Youtube...[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Again there are conflicting reports on the above method were it works for some and not for others.[/font]

I'll try this soon,
    Might just cut my losses and get a chrome cast or something .

I'll try this soon,
    Might just cut my losses and get a chrome cast or something .
    Hi BrownFinger,

If they have pulled support you're better with a Chrome cast or a fire stick.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.