Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election of Nial Ring as DCC Lord Mayor

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Anyone know that model bike the Lord Mayor was given? It looks like one I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Qrt wrote: »
    Anyone know that model bike the Lord Mayor was given? It looks like one I'd like.

It's a Gazelle from the Dutch Bike Shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Qrt wrote: »

Seems to be a Gazelle of some sort from the Dutch Bike Shop:

https://twitter.com/dublincycling/status/1034440019879100416

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Those blue builders jackets really add nothing do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

They've been using the blue jackets for years. I guess it's part of their thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its branding more than anything I'd say.

The IBike folks have tees instead if that tickles your fancy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

buffalo wrote: »
    the comments underneath make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

I see Nial's photos all over the start of the Dublin City Bike Ride, did he actually do the 60?

He had a number on his bike and all the gear on, we'll have to elevate him to a new status if he did.

Nial all is forgiven!

I think, though happy to be corrected, that his beef has never been with recreational cycling. He hates people who use a bicycle for transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I think, though happy to be corrected, that his beef has never been with recreational cycling. He hates people who use a bicycle for transport.

Rememeber he pleaded for the mental health of drivers to be considered? As if they were being negatively impacted upon by cycle lanes? He's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Good point Tomas.

Just had a scan at his twitter feed and he indeed did complete the 60k.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Where there are votes, there will be a politician ready to do a 180 on his opinion without even thinking about it.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Where there are votes, there will be a politician ready to do a 180 on his opinion without even thinking about it.

Yes, I can well believe he'd at least drop the subject if he thought his bilious attitude was losing votes.

Advertisement