Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Cafe.

Options
  • 25-06-2018 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭

Why are we persisting with this nonsense?
    Can't post political threads in AH, no point posting them in the PC as nobody uses it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No matter which way we do it, we will have a cohort of posters who prefer the other way. Every time this question is asked we have posters who want to keep AH fun and light (e.g. no political threads) and we have posters who want the political threads in AH.

It's one of those "damned if you do, and damned if you don't situations".

Do you have any constructive suggestions that could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

dudara wrote: »
    No matter which way we do it, we will have a cohort of posters who prefer the other way. Every time this question is asked we have posters who want to keep AH fun and light (e.g. no political threads) and we have posters who want the political threads in AH.

It's one of those "damned if you do, and damned if you don't situations".

Do you have any constructive suggestions that could help?

Open up the PC. The pre approval thing is obviously a turn off.

You know the history of why pre-approval was added to the Politics Cafe as well as I do. What makes you think we won't end up in the same place as before?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You know the history of why pre-approval was added to the Politics Cafe as well as I do. What makes you think we won't end up in the same place as before?

With the appropriate level of moderation I'm sure it could be fine.
    How many mods does AH have? It's a rarity to any of them take any action on the forum unless it's to move a thread to the PC.
    So obviously intensive moderation gets the desired result.

The honest truth is that we looked for additional mods for the forum, and no one put their hands up. At the time, no one except the existing mods wanted to take it on.

I don’t know if that opinion has changed since then, but if we can’t recruit extra mods to help manage an increased workload, then we can’t do much to open it up. We can definitely ask the question again

And with regard to your comment on the AH mods, they do a lot of work on that forum. You may not see it all from the front end, but I see a lot of activity from my perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The honest truth is that we looked for additional mods for the forum, and no one put their hands up. At the time, no one except the existing mods wanted to take it on.

I don’t know if that opinion has changed since then, but if we can’t recruit extra mods to help manage an increased workload, then we can’t do much to open it up. We can definitely ask the question again

Hardly surprising. Mods were being openly abused in threads.

Advertisement