Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby walker / trolly

• 25-06-2018 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get walker for the little lad. Childminder has a Fisher Price one that he loves but she doesn't know the exact model as it was left there a few years ago by one of the mammies

Basically it's one that moves really slowly as in the child has to push it.

Any ideas / recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Looking to get walker for the little lad. Childminder has a Fisher Price one that he loves but she doesn't know the exact model as it was left there a few years ago by one of the mammies

Basically it's one that moves really slowly as in the child has to push it.

Any ideas / recommendations?

little tikes trolley or vtech walker.

Don’t know about speed. My 10 month old is standing but not with vtech walker yet as he will fall!

My first boy was flying around with it....got it at 11 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Millem wrote: »
    little tikes trolley or vtech walker.

Don’t know about speed. My 10 month old is standing but not with vtech walker yet as he will fall!

My first boy was flying around with it....got it at 11 months.

With the kind of one we are after,the wheels are on what seem to be gears so they can only spin / turn really slowly, are the above like that too?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The v-tech one is excellent,my kids loved it.

With the kind of one we are after,the wheels are on what seem to be gears so they can only spin / turn really slowly, are the above like that too?

Defo no gears! If you go to panda play in ballsbridge they have/had both the trolley and walker

Defo no gears! If you go to panda play in ballsbridge they have/had both the trolley and walker

When i say gears, i mean there is resistance in the wheels as in if you were to push it off with your hand it wouldn't roll away, you or baba would need to keep a push on it. I'll go to that place anyway, cheers!

• Advertisement

When i say gears, i mean there is resistance in the wheels as in if you were to push it off with your hand it wouldn't roll away, you or baba would need to keep a push on it. I'll go to that place anyway, cheers!

Both would roll if you push and let go. The vtech one is very popular and around years! You can take off the front and lay it on the ground for baby to push the buttons.

The trolley might be sturdier.

Both would roll if you push and let go. The vtech one is very popular and around years! You can take off the front and lay it on the ground for baby to push the buttons.

The trolley might be sturdier.

Right, thats not what we are after so. He isnt steady enough yet to keep the balance neccessary to not faceplant so we'll have to find an alternative. I'd go to somewhere like Smyths but the problem is that most of the staff there are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

The v tech is very popular with our 18 month old. He’s using it constantly. He’s not far off walking. Mothercare have trolley type ones which might be steadier though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

+1 on the vtech. He would play with all the buttons etc on it for hours so it was a great toy as well as a walker. And it's cheap too

Advertisement