Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile Service

Options
  • 25-06-2018 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I've had Eir mobile for about 10 years.  Cheapest package going (we pay only E15 euro monthly) and no data.  Happy Days!

Last month, I decided to buy a 3gb booster as I was going home to the UK, needed data and my phone is not unlocked.  All good.

Today, I discover that the boost was only good for 30 days.  A fact I wasn't told of when I bought it.  I haven't even used 1gb of it!!  So I've lost the data element.  Not great,  but OK...

I decided to get a code to unlock my phone as I have a data SIM that could be used.  Used the 'chat' function.  Got passed from pillar to post, giving my details over and over again, but eventually got there.

The agent tells me that if I need further info, I need to log into my account.  Great - But I have never been able to set up an online account.  Your system does not recognise my details.  The agent left the chat before I could tell him this 

I get back on the chat.  Again I was passed around, and made to give my details AGAIN!!! By this time, I am so fed up, I left the chat as it seemed clear the agent had no clue.

Pretty awful service, wouldn't you agree?  Right now, I would be prepared to take the hit and port my number over to the other provider.

Over to you, Eir,  I look forward to your comments...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I've had Eir mobile for about 10 years.  Cheapest package going (we pay only E15 euro monthly) and no data.  Happy Days!

Last month, I decided to buy a 3gb booster as I was going home to the UK, needed data and my phone is not unlocked.  All good.

Today, I discover that the boost was only good for 30 days.  A fact I wasn't told of when I bought it.  I haven't even used 1gb of it!!  So I've lost the data element.  Not great,  but OK...

I decided to get a code to unlock my phone as I have a data SIM that could be used.  Used the 'chat' function.  Got passed from pillar to post, giving my details over and over again, but eventually got there.

The agent tells me that if I need further info, I need to log into my account.  Great - But I have never been able to set up an online account.  Your system does not recognise my details.  The agent left the chat before I could tell him this 

I get back on the chat.  Again I was passed around, and made to give my details AGAIN!!! By this time, I am so fed up, I left the chat as it seemed clear the agent had no clue.

Pretty awful service, wouldn't you agree?  Right now, I would be prepared to take the hit and port my number over to the other provider.

Over to you, Eir,  I look forward to your comments...
    Hi MissShihTzu ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and mobile number and pin, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

PM sent. Thank you.

PM sent.  Thank you.
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Hi

I have sent two PM, separately addressing the problems raised.  Please could you deal as necessary?  Thanks

Hi

I have sent two PM, separately addressing the problems raised.  Please could you deal as necessary?  Thanks
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
Advertisement