Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle racing teams in/around Galway City

Options
  • 25-06-2018 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I will be moving to Galway later this year and would like to talk to someone who is into the cycling scene that could recommend a good local club/team that I could road race with and prioritises racing over slower club rides/getting their kids into cycling etc. I am currently based in the UK and race at 3rd Cat level but have ambitions to climb up the categories in the next couple of years.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There is a dedicated cycling forum here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=410
    that might be more helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

west coast wheelers or Galway bay. who're main clubs in around the city i think
    look on cycling ireland website to find out more or just look n the cycling forum here

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to Cycling that has everything and anything on cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Would recommend Galway Bay CC. Oldest and largest membership with something for everyone including strong racing section.
    They run club leagues in spring and summer.
    Also consider Challenge CC, new club in east Galway so an unknown for me.
    Also Team Gerry McVeigh Cars seems to be a relatively new race only team.

Outside the city in CO. Galway you have Seven Springs CC, Black Rose, (Race members) Tuam, Portumna, Ballinalsoe, (probably more leisure than race)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Black Rose are a race club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

nee wrote: »
    Black Rose are a race club.

Are they still going ? Use to see the very distinctive clothing quite a bit a few years back but not as much recently

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Are they still going ? Use to see the very distinctive clothing quite a bit a few years back but not as much recently

Yep they are. On track every week. And the nationals this year.

Advertisement