Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exodon paradoxus (Bucktooth Tetra)

Options
  • 25-06-2018 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I have a 180L lying vacant at the moment and I am thinking about putting a shoal of these into it. Looks like they are very lively, easy to keep and interesting characters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Haven't kept them nor have I seen them in store before but I had only watched this video recently on them. Definitely a species only tank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Watched that video. Very interesting stuff. Will ask at my LFS about these and see if they can source them for me. Did you see his latest video? Terrible loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

Seen them tetras too and found them interesting but as said above they would need there own tank.

I have a Tetra aquarium with Rummy Nose Tetras, Neon Tetras and Glow Light Tetras

Im currently looking into getting Neon Green Rasbora for the tank but finding them hard to find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Nick Park

They sound like psychos! I didn't realise some Tetras were so aggressive.

My Tetra tank is supposed to be an oasis of peace to provide some respite from the mayhem of my Cichlid tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Ian that owns Aquatic village Brittas 01 4582522 gets them in,have seen them there before ... http://www.aquatic-village.com/product/bucktooth-tetra/

• Advertisement

Nick Park wrote: »
    They sound like psychos! I didn't realise some Tetras were so aggressive.

Neither did I. I always thought that tetras were an easy going bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Wow crazy.

Tetra's are eady going but watch what happens if one of their pals is feeling unwell.

I keep Rummy Nose in my community aquarium. Absolutely love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

Seen them tetras too and found them interesting but as said above they would need there own tank.

I have a Tetra aquarium with Rummy Nose Tetras, Neon Tetras and Glow Light Tetras

Im currently looking into getting Neon Green Rasbora for the tank but finding them hard to find

Seahorse Aquariums brought in my elusive Rasboras

http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/Kubotai-Rasbora/11000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Was up in aquatic village yesterday and spotted the buck tooth tetra there.

lynchie wrote: »
    Was up in aquatic village yesterday and spotted the buck tooth tetra there.

Where is this place? Looked on googlemaps but it's sending me down some local road off the N81. Is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Enduro

Berserker wrote: »
    Where is this place? Looked on googlemaps but it's sending me down some local road off the N81. Is that right?

Yup, that sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Nick Park

Seahorse Aquariums brought in my elusive Rasboras

http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/Kubotai-Rasbora/11000

They sound like something might work with my tetras. I'll pop by Seahorse tomorrow and check them out.

Advertisement