Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Extension

Options
  • 26-06-2018 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a new extension to the rear of the house with a bedroom, shower room and kitchen as my elderly father mobility is restricted now.

It will be 5m out and 6m wide which will be 30 sq.m with a pitched tiles roof.

How much would this extension be roughly so I can budget?

Will I need an architect or structural engineer?

Just so I know where we are and what to plan ahead.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

It would be €50,000 Minimum, depending on what of the country your based at

Architect/Arch Technician/Engineer/Surveyor........all of them could take care of this for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Sleather678

Thank you for your advice. I know I've been off this too long. You were right, just a little over it. Thanks a million for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Would you mind giving a little bit of detail on your estimates if that's not any trouble. This is something we are thinking of doing ourselves. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I am in a similar situation. I am looking to do hopefully a 40 square metre extension but I have to knock an old one first.

O.P have you gone through the process of applying for a Grant with your local city and county council? Also I have looked at my local council website and they do loans for Home Improvement loan but not sure if I can get a loan and my disabled husband can apply for the grant.

Best of luck with the extension.

Advertisement