Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vatican skip the line tickets

• 26-06-2018 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭

I’m reading that for Rome attractions it’s wise to book these skip the line passes. Do these work through your companies or can you book them yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes I definitely recommend doing this. The first time we went to the Vatican we queued and it was horrendous! The second time we prebooked a tour and skip the line and it was brilliant. It’s still mayhem but slightly more organised and it saves you loads of time. We used Viator and the tour office was opposite the entrance to the Vatican Museums.
    Gael23 wrote: »
    I’m reading that for Rome attractions it’s wise to book these skip the line passes. Do these work through your companies or can you book them yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Do these work through your companies or can you book them yourself?

You can book them yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

https://www.coopculture.it/en/colosseo-e-shop.cfm

https://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?weblang=en&do

For the Vatican museum & the Colosseum, definitely buy ahead online from the official sites & buy them well in advance, if your looking for a guided tour of Colosseum the tours can sell out weeks if not months in advance

For St Peter's, just show up, well worth €10 to take the elevator to the dome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

johnire wrote: »
    Yes I definitely recommend doing this. The first time we went to the Vatican we queued and it was horrendous! The second time we prebooked a tour and skip the line and it was brilliant. It’s still mayhem but slightly more organised and it saves you loads of time. We used Viator and the tour office was opposite the entrance to the Vatican Museums.

My only issue with booking is that you have to commit to a time. Is Viator a place where many tout operators advertise?
    I’m seeing the Vatican & Sistine Chapel for €33 on the Vatican museum site someone linked to, does that price sound right?

My only issue with booking is that you have to commit to a time. Is Viator a place where many tout operators advertise?
    I’m seeing the Vatican & Sistine Chapel for €33 on the Vatican museum site someone linked to, does that price sound right?

The sites I linked to are both the official sites, yes you have to commit to a time that's available but you will walk past the line & straight in the door, there is always a long standby line, if you don't want to commit to a time & just que on the day for potentially hours, that's your call. The price for the museum & Sistine is €17 per adult

I'm not sure about Viator & how they purchase & resell tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Viator is linked to TripAdvisor and are very reputable.
    I’ve used them on many occasions all around the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

We booked a tour directly and skipped a 2 hour line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

We bought skip the line tickets for the Vatican and the Colloseum. The Vatican was fine, but everyone and their mother had bought skip the line tickets for the Colloseum and there was still a sizeable queue (around 2 hours) waiting to enter.

There were tour touts going around, so we paid around €20 extra and went for the tour tickets and were inside within 15 minutes. Well worth the extra few quid imo.

We bought skip the line tickets for the Vatican and the Colloseum. The Vatican was fine, but everyone and their mother had bought skip the line tickets for the Colloseum and there was still a sizeable queue (around 2 hours) waiting to enter.

There were tour touts going around, so we paid around €20 extra and went for the tour tickets and were inside within 15 minutes. Well worth the extra few quid imo.

We were there 3 weeks ago, had pre-booked a guided tour from the official site, you present your email at one of the 4 windows at the building to the right as you enter the site, they give you your entry ticket, sticker for your t-shirt & tell you where to meet your guide, you then enter via the skip the line entrance, the whole process took 10 possibly 15 minutes & that includes going through security.

Rome is a great city, loads to see, safe to walk about after dark even with kids unless you really go off the beaten track, the only thing that annoyed me was the hawkers selling water, unofficial tours etc, it's really got on my t1ts after a few days

Advertisement