Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scorched lawns

Options
  • 26-06-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭

Any tips for lawns that are getting scorched in this heat/drought? Obviously can't be watering it with the water restrictions, is there anything we can do to help the grass?

Failing that, how long is it likely to get back to green once "normal" weather resumes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭blackbox

Grass is very resilient. It will almost certainly recover. Unless it is a very fine lawn it will contain a range of grass varieties, some of which are sure to be drought resistant.

only mow it at a very high setting. The amount of people i seen skinning the bejayzus out of their lawn this week. If it was mowed last week I wouldnt bother mowing it at all for a another week at least

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I have started using the water butt again. Was full to the top since last year and I thought I'd have to empty it first but the water was grand in it. Meant to rain next week so should have enough in that to see me through.

Advertisement