Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Suggestions 600cc - 2k-3k

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just quick update on this folks, it was between the CBF600 and the DL650(this being my preferred choice). The costs different between changing to a DL650 as opposed the CBF600 is around 400/500 euro more which sadly puts it out of my budget. I've found what seems to be an excellent condition CBF600 from a heavily reviewed dealer in the UK and the credit union has granted me a loan so I'm gonna plan the logistics and hope to have it by the end of the month.

If the CBF holds its value well I can look at changing to the DL650 next year sometime.

Since I'm gonna sell the Varadero does anyone know how much it roughly be worth? It's 03 Varadero 125(carb) with just under 13k Miles, new tyres(less than 1k miles ago) - serviced(less than 1k miles ago) - folks seals + oil (less than 1k miles ago) -need to redo the front left fork it's slightly leaking - new brake pads a few days ago. Does around 65mpg. I can upload pictures later, it's got age related stuff and slight corrosion and has scrapes on the fairing from a fall or two.

Was thinking €1000 is fair price? It's working mechanically 100%
    Well wear!
    Regarding the varadero..
    With prices the way they are, anything that isn't a bucket of shíte will probably make €1000 no problem.
    Go a bit more and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Have a DL650 myself and apart from being on the quiet side I find it great, very economical and hassle free.

I tried to get insured on a CBR600F and only MCE were willing to insure me on it despite soon to be leaving the Irish market.

So I was all up for it until I discovered it was restricted to 33bhp.

After that, it was the DL650 all day long. Even when the time comes to upgrade I’ll probably still keep it.

Cheers guys, I wouldn't rule out the Deuville if it's a solid machine but I do admit the styling isn't to my taste.

Loving the DL650 seems perfect for my future needs(80km a day commute and weekend touring), doesn't seem to be a great amount of them on Donedeal but plenty on Autotrader in the UK. Would a high mileage bike put any of you off? I know if it's well looked after that's the most important thing.

Lastly has anyone any experience with the wind protection on a faired CBF600?

I looked at a Deauville initially myself at the very outset, truth be told the only reason I didn’t go for it was because the panniers prevented me getting it down the alley to the back of my house. You just cannot kill the things.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bt952000

BMW K75

Bulletproof , go forever, comfortable , easy to maintain, smooth , shaft drive , fully faired.

There's one on Done Deal

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-f...w-k75/19425458

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Old, heavy, boring. Wouldn't be your one on Dung Deal by any chance? :p

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 scarebus03

The SV650 and DL650 don't meet the criteria to be used for the full A test.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

scarebus03 wrote: »

thats been covered in the Thread...

Yup already mentioned. The DL650 is 49KW’s

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bt952000

Old, heavy, boring. Wouldn't be your one on Dung Deal by any chance? :p

Ha.. Now that would be blatant !!!

Nope , not mine

Old - Yes
    Heavy - ish
    Boring - maybe

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

SV650 from K3 model on outputs 55 kW.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

SV650 is ok for the A test.
    DL650 is below the 50kw, so not suitable for A test

Advertisement