Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged twice

Options
  • 26-06-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I used my card on Sunday in my local shop. I t didn't go through first time so tried again and it went through. Looking at my online account it shows the amount was charged twice. Its not a huge ammount but still. When this has happened before it was rectified within a day. What's going on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

shellylane wrote: »
    Hi I used my card on Sunday in my local shop. I t didn't go through first time so tried again and it went through. Looking at my online account it shows the amount was charged twice. Its not a huge ammount but still. When this has happened before it was rectified within a day. What's going on

Hi shellylane,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

This can happen if a retailer cancels or voids a transaction after we've authorised it, or it the retailer asks you to enter your PIN twice. The amount should adjust back automatically within five working days to your account. Please keep an eye on your transactions on 365 Online for this adjustment.

If we can help you with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement