Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding DJ prices

Options
  • 26-06-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Looking for a reasonable quote for a wedding DJ. Its an intimate wedding of 20 people, looking for maybe 2 and half hours music after the meal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Looking for a reasonable quote for a wedding DJ. Its an intimate wedding of 20 people, looking for maybe 2 and half hours music after the meal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Depends I suppose on whether you're looking for someone to play an actual mixed set or else just someone to play party tracks one often the other? A dj who advertises himself as a wedding dj will probably have a set price anyway I'd imagine. I wouldn't say you'd be looking at anything more than 200 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Anywhere from 200 to 1000 depending on location, distance they need to travel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Got a quote of 350euro.

Now can anyone tell me, we are having our reception across 2 private rooms (small function room and private dining room).

The dj will set up in adjoining function room as we are having our dinner. The plan is for him to provide background music as we eat also, but his solution is to play this background music from adjoining room, i am not convinced this would work.

Should he not be able to run a speaker to adjoining private dining room and have lighter background music actually play in the dining room? Or is it a bigger operation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Got a quote of 350euro.

Now can anyone tell me, we are having our reception across 2 private rooms (small function room and private dining room).

The dj will set up in adjoining function room as we are having our dinner. The plan is for him to provide background music as we eat also, but his solution is to play this background music from adjoining room, i am not convinced this would work.

Should he not be able to run a speaker to adjoining private dining room and have lighter background music actually play in the dining room? Or is it a bigger operation

Well he could but it would depend on the cable run and you have to factor in trip hazard potential. Personally though it wouldn't bother me if it was in the next room. As a guest I wouldn't be a fan of background music during dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭francois

We removed all the hassle by asking on the wedding invite the guests to name a couple of tracks they would like to hear, I made a compilation and stuck it on a laptop, only expense was a small PA and lights hire, and everyone got to dance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Is 300/350 a good quote for 4 hours?

Advertisement