Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing career to software engineering from pharmacy

Options
  • 26-06-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I plan to use the conversion course at UCC (CKo08) to change career to become a software engineer with only a pharmacy degree. what i want to know would it bring me to the required level to at least give me a shot or should i try to become a mature student? one of my friends said that the modules in the conversion look like the ones in 1st year of computer science (he did computer science at UCC).
    I'm sure I won't become a software engineer straight away may have to break in by going into desktop support first and then apply (I'll also apply to become a software engineer as well straight away).
    fyi the conversion course is a higher diploma with the possibility to do a masters if a 1st was achieved.
    do you know anyone who has become a software engineer with this conversion course?

Advertisement