Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period - when the clock start

Options
  • 26-06-2018 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Eir,

could you please let me know what's the policy of your cooling off period?

according to the consumer protection rights, the cooling off period for a distant selling contract is 14 days from the moment the goods are received or the service is commenced.

Now I interpret this as that I have 14 days from the moment I have internet in my house to decide whether to cancel or not the service. 

I'm getting an inconsistent response, some say it's 14 days since the order is placed (which is nonsense, it may take you over 14 days to install the line so I wouldn't have any chance to cancel it), other says it's from when the line is installed, other from when the line is activated therefore I'm receiving the service I've purchased.

Your website says you offer a cooling off period, which is hilarious since it is a right by law, but you do not specify how it works. I've tried to search in the terms and conditions as well but can't find anything written!

Thanks for the clarification

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Looking at this quote from Eir's website:
    Where a number of different services have been ordered by you e.g. as part of a bundle, your cooling off period expires fourteen days from the date of the installation of the last element of your bundle.
    My understanding is that your cooling off period starts when they install you the service. So when it starts working, then Day 1 starts. If they installed everything and you still have no service then day 1 of cooling off period shouldn't start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

pingala wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

could you please let me know what's the policy of your cooling off period?

according to the consumer protection rights, the cooling off period for a distant selling contract is 14 days from the moment the goods are received or the service is commenced.

Now I interpret this as that I have 14 days from the moment I have internet in my house to decide whether to cancel or not the service. 

I'm getting an inconsistent response, some say it's 14 days since the order is placed (which is nonsense, it may take you over 14 days to install the line so I wouldn't have any chance to cancel it), other says it's from when the line is installed, other from when the line is activated therefore I'm receiving the service I've purchased.

Your website says you offer a cooling off period, which is hilarious since it is a right by law, but you do not specify how it works. I've tried to search in the terms and conditions as well but can't find anything written!

Thanks for the clarification
    Hi pingala ,

Your cooling off period expires fourteen days from the date of delivery of the goods

If multiple goods are ordered in one order and delivered separately the cooling off period
    expires fourteen days from the date of the last delivery.

Where a number of different services have been ordered by you e.g. as part of a bundle, your cooling off period expires fourteen days from the date of the installation of the last element of your bundle.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement