Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private care: are you supposed to find out the prices for consultants?

Options
  • 26-06-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Private care: are you supposed to find out the prices for consultants?

I'm sure this must have been asked before. Do I have to ring them and get prices for each?
    anecdotally I'm hearing a lot of price variation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

qnna wrote: »
    Private care: are you supposed to find out the prices for consultants?

I'm sure this must have been asked before. Do I have to ring them and get prices for each?
    anecdotally I'm hearing a lot of price variation.

I didn’t see prices anywhere online. I just got the price for my chosen Consultant (€3,500 in Holles St).

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Ring each consultants secretary. They will give you the price and day of their private clinics. There is variation. Mine was 3.5k in holles st too. Easily a variation of plus or minus 1k from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ours in the Coombe is €3900, we had been also quoted in the region of €5000 for another consultant in the Coombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yep just ring secretary and they’ll give you the prices. It’s worth checking if they’ve any hols planned around your due date too

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Yep, the secretary will give you the price. They can vary a lot depending on the consultant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I was private in the Coombe on my last pregnancy and it cost €3500.
    €1500 payable at 12 weeks
    €1500 payable at 26 weeks
    €500 at the 6 week check up

Advertisement