Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Con Recharge

• 26-06-2018 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Just looking for recommendations for an Air Con recharge and system leak check for my car, been putting it off but with the current weather it's about time I did it.
    I'd prefer not to use Halfords/ Kwik-Fit type places.
    Any advise would be great!

Edit: Just to add, I'm in Limerick City!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I get a text from CMC clondrinagh whenever it gets hot. €75 was the last text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Got a polish chap called marius on the dock road in limerick, next to m2 office supplies, was able to test for leaks and recharge. Cant recall price, think it was 2 prices depending on amount of gas used. 50 and 70?

http://mariusgarage.com/contact-us/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll give CMC a shout, €75 isn't a bad price!!
    I've used Marius in the past a few times, I wouldn't be too happy to go back again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seamus McGrath on Sexton St gets my vote, went to him recently and he does his best to explain everything to you, and did a great job on our car, will definitely be going back.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Seamus McGrath on Sexton St gets my vote, went to him recently and he does his best to explain everything to you, and did a great job on our car, will definitely be going back.

He is my go to on EVERYTHING. I just didn't think he did aircon recharges. Forget my earlier recommended of CMC. Seamus all the way!

• Advertisement

He is my go to on EVERYTHING. I just didn't think he did aircon recharges. Forget my earlier recommended of CMC. Seamus all the way!

Yeah I'm sure if he isnt - he'll recommend someone. Probably best to give him a ring first 061-319319

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thanks lads, Seamus is also my go to man, couldn't meet a nicer guy!! As mentioned, he doesn't do air con, I never thought to contact him to get a recommendation but I'll give him a text!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Skuxx wrote: »
    Thanks lads, Seamus is also my go to man, couldn't meet a nicer guy!! As mentioned, he doesn't do air con, I never thought to contact him to get a recommendation but I'll give him a text!

I was actually in with Seamus a few weeks ago talking about testing & re-gassing, he does have the gear to do it & was about to start doing it, told me to give him a shout when back from holiday, just haven't got round to it yet so definitely worth checking with him.

I was actually in with Seamus a few weeks ago talking about testing & re-gassing, he does have the gear to do it & was about to start doing it, told me to give him a shout when back from holiday, just haven't got round to it yet so definitely worth checking with him.

I was in with him today as he is doing an overhaul on an old car I have. He is SWAMPED busy.

I was in with him today as he is doing an overhaul on an old car I have. He is SWAMPED busy.

Yeah very busy, think Bob is on holidays. Your old car isn't the Daimler?

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yeah very busy, think Bob is on holidays. Your old car isn't the Daimler?

No, mine is more of an old car from my own era.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/107324124

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anyone have any recommendations on the best place to get Aircon checked and refilled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Hi,

Not sure of Halfords are still doing it but I got mine topped up there last year for 34 Euro.
    They also sell the top up canisters and a test kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

I was about to start an air con recharge thread, when I spotted this one.
    My car aircon needs a recharge. (BMW) the air blowing out isn't as cold as it used to be.
    Inside the bonnet it tells me I need R134a gas (freon?)

Are there any reliable mobile guys offering this service in Limerick for a reasonable rate?
    Or is it easy to buy a recharge kit and do it yourself?

MtM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Is this easy/safe enough to DIY? I’ve just watched a video on YouTube and it does seem pretty straight forward. Anything I need to watch out for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Got the air con regassed in my vectra by the lads in Marius Garage in the Dock road. €100 and about 45 minutes and it's working absolutely beautifully now.

Advertisement