Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold property

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Mzo1978 wrote: »
    It was rented to a farmer near tayto park and they ripped it and he dropped it to him in his trailer as a sorry for ripping it, no joke it's the size of our house then my husband sold his van and trailer and his now can just wouldnt have had the capacity he bought a trailer last month, a big one.

There was never any anger or feeling he was annoyed it was there, as I said we had used him before for repairs my brother uses him regularly for his company we had what we thought a decent working relationship

In the op you said you dropped it up, now someone else did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Owryan wrote: »
    In the op you said you dropped it up, now someone else did.

I think that's been pedantic. - It was damaged when on loan to someone, and whilst that person physically brought it to the repair place, the OP "dropped it up".

If you send an item for repair by an post - would you say that "you dropped it in" or could someone argue that you did not drop it in, it was the postman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

CeilingFly wrote: »

Small claims court and you will almost certainly win.
    Not that simple for SCC if OP was renting it out. Tantamount to a business not consumer. The rental angle starts to explain how somebody spent €2500 on a bouncy castle 'for the kids'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I think that's been pedantic. - It was damaged when on loan to someone, and whilst that person physically brought it to the repair place, the OP "dropped it up".

If you send an item for repair by an post - would you say that "you dropped it in" or could someone argue that you did not drop it in, it was the postman?

Not really imo. The point of the thread is that they couldn't collect the castle due to it's size, hence why people asked how was it dropped off.

Now, one could ask, if they were renting it out, how did they deliver the castle to customers? or did the customer have to collect and return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Owryan wrote: »
    Not really imo. How point of the thread is that they couldn't collect the castle due to it's size, hence why people asked how was it dropped off.

Now, one could ask, if they were renting it out, how did they deliver the castle to customers? or did the customer have to collect and return it?

They had a van and trailer but sold it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭wally79

OP should have been more proactive in paying for repair/storage

Other party shouldn’t have sold without agreement

I think that’s all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Not that simple for SCC if OP was renting it out. Tantamount to a business not consumer. The rental angle starts to explain how somebody spent €2500 on a bouncy castle 'for the kids'.

But €2500 is not a huge price - sure an iphone that many other parents buy kids cost €1,000.
    A barbq and set of outdoor furniture would easily cost 2500.

If you have the space and have a couple of kids and they have friends, 2500 for a bouncy castle is not excessive in the least and some would say its was good value.

As I said above - if it was a commercial rental business they would need to have had it back a long time ago, hence the fact that its been in for repair and in storage at that premises for a year, would suggest that a commercial renting system was not in place and it was lent to someone.

So SCC is the ideal place if no other agreement can be found

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

how much would it cost to rent a huge bouncy castle for a day. it woild add up fast. 2500 wouldnt be a bad investment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Why didn't you pick up before you sold trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Small claims court will handle B2B issues not exceeding €2k.
    €2.5K value - repair and storage fee = <2k

But if I was the OP i wouldn't pursue it, not paying the debt and then expecting someone to store something which admittedly is huge for a year, I couldn't be surprised when something went wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Cost of a new bouncy castle = €2,500

Less the depreciation cost normal of wear and tear
    Less additional depreciation because it's been ripped
    Less the actual cost of the repair
    Less the cost of storage for a year
    Less the cost of transporting it back

Residual value is a lot closer to 180 than to 2500.

What value is there in pursuing it? None I would say. Learn the lessons and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

They had a van and trailer but sold it.

Should have sold the bouncy Castle and kept the van and trailer

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Serious witch-hunt going on here with a few posters pushing each other over to pull of a Sherlock Holmes and win the thanks race.

Pathetic. Why is the first reaction of posters to attack the OP rather than give advice that the OP came looking for.

Serious witch-hunt going on here with a few posters pushing each other over to pull of a Sherlock Holmes and win the thanks race.

Pathetic. Why is the first reaction of posters to attack the OP rather than give advice that the OP came looking for.

Probably has something to do with an enormous item being left for a year unpaid for in a repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It's the consumer forum, it's been like this for years... I never see it elsewhere.

If a friend/colleague/relative came up to a lot of these posters with a similar question there is no fcuking way they would respond to them in the same manner.

I have to admit I find it amusing at times, it's so OTT it can be laughable.
    That's crazy expecting them to just hold it for a year.
    not as crazy as them not giving them a final warning, maybe the OP is not telling us everything. If I was the repair people I certainly would have made it absolutely clear what I was planning to do it if was not collected.

rubadub wrote: »
    It's the consumer forum, it's been like this for years... I never see it elsewhere.

If a friend/colleague/relative came up to a lot of these posters with a similar question there is no fcuking way they would respond to them in the same manner.

I have to admit I find it amusing at times, it's so OTT it can be laughable.

not as crazy as them not giving them a final warning, maybe the OP is not telling us everything. If I was the repair people I certainly would have made it absolutely clear what I was planning to do it if was not collected.

On a consumer forum, you only get one side of the story, the ops, but you have to admit, it sounds ridiculous to leave that size of item unpaid for, for a year. It's also crazy to not be able to arrange to pick up an item worth €2.5k for that period. If it was a relative, I'd say the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

davo10 wrote: »
    Probably has something to do with an enormous item being left for a year unpaid for in a repair shop.

What about the shop telling them in writing that it wasn't a problem, and to take their time? Everyone is ignoring that part.

I don't know if a shop has the legal right to sell on your goods without warning you, like has happened here, but I would recommend talking to a solicitor given the large value of the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The shop told them in January that it was OK. They probably didn't expect it to be left another 6 months with no contact.

Was the repair bill paid?
    Did you offer to pay anything to them for storage?

I'd expect the store to make contact to give a final warning of collect it or it will be sold, but the OP has been pushing the limits here.

Advertisement