Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei b315

• 26-06-2018 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

I was given advice by shigllgetcha on another thread to ask ye guys about broadband issues.

I'm looking at buying the Huawei b315 as they recommended but before I purchase it is there any thing else/spec I would need to watch out for, is there a better one etc?.
    I basically want to use it to put an AYCE sim into the back for broadband where no landline us present.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If theres loads of capacity on your local cell a 5186 would be better. In lots of areas they'll perform the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

This is what I am thinking of doing to replace my current connection.
    The switch to 4G seems nice, with the speeds I can get on my phone being around 20-60 down and 10-20 up < 1km from nearest mast.
    But I don't have a router.

So should I buy a B315 unlocked and get an AYCE sim (this allows me to test longer than the 14 day return policy offered by the contract),
    or get 18 month contract with the free locked B525.

The former.

ED E wrote: »
    The former.

Thanks, was thinking that, to buy my own router, for freedom of which network to use.

The 2 antennas for the B315, worth it to get then for better speed/connection indoors?

Only if there are signal issues. You can predict whats reception will be like with your phone.

RSRP.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip

Advertisement