Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCPS /APCOA confusion at Sallins Train Station Car Park

Options
  • 26-06-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have been clamped today at train station in Sallins after just paying my 7 day parking ticket through a mobile app. Only when returning home after 12 hours work I found my car clamped. After calling the camping company (NCPS) I found out that the carpark is split between 2 companies (APCOA & NCPS) and I have paid my parking with a wrong company. It is very confusing for me as not a regular user of this carpark as to what is the logic behind 2 companies looking after one relatively small carpark other than to monetize on confusion, and also the signature marking the carparks is not clear. There are spaces that have no marking as to which company they belong to.
    After paying the €125 fee to be declamped (no other option) I was told by operator that someone would be with me in 40 minutes. After an hour sitting in the car I called again and the operator said its going to be another 20 minutes. Those 20 minutes have passed by and I'm still sitting in the car at the car park at 22.34 pm .
    Has anyone has similar experience and could advice how to go about complain, because NCPS website page "contact us" has no contact form or contact details.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Keep your receipt and ring the council, I would also talk to the local gardai as they might e aware of sses there.
    Appeal the ticket with your proof of payment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kathy B

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Keep your receipt and ring the council, I would also talk to the local gardai as they might e aware of sses there.
    Appeal the ticket with your proof of payment too.

Thanks for advice, I already appealed online (having had 2 hours nothing to do sitting in the car). I don't have any receipt of payment with camping company (paid over the phone) but I do have 7 days e-ticket on the app with APCOA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Kathy B wrote: »
    Thanks for advice, I already appealed online (having had 2 hours nothing to do sitting in the car). I don't have any receipt of payment with camping company (paid over the phone) but I do have 7 days e-ticket on the app with APCOA.

Unless there's a new app that allows you send cash notes by phone :D , you have a receipt by way of the transaction details on your debit or credit card. That is considered a legal proof of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Trampas

Where did you park? Within the station is spica and outside it is ncps.

Even when ncps did both there was two different prices as one car park is Irish rail and other is a private car park

Even in the private one there is pay and other is limited time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

I'm sure they will tell you tough luck and that its well sign posted where you are parked on how to pay.

Neither player is known for outstanding customer service. All the best with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Unfortunately I think you're going to struggle to get anywhere with a complaint. Irish Rail's car parks are all under the management of a single operator - up to earlier in the year that was NCPS, and now it's APCOA.

Sallins Train Station car park was moved to APCOA when they did the switch, but up until then it was only a coincidence that they shared their operator with the rest of the Waterways complex. The two were always treated as separate, including on the app where it's still listed as Waterways not the train station, and they both had a different pricing structure.

I don't think there's any point contacting KCC, as these are private car parks and therefore not the Council's responsibility. A parking regulator is in the offing, but not in place yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kathy B

aodh_rua wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think you're going to struggle to get anywhere with a complaint. Irish Rail's car parks are all under the management of a single operator - up to earlier in the year that was NCPS, and now it's APCOA.

Sallins Train Station car park was moved to APCOA when they did the switch, but up until then it was only a coincidence that they shared their operator with the rest of the Waterways complex. The two were always treated as separate, including on the app where it's still listed as Waterways not the train station, and they both had a different pricing structure.

I don't think there's any point contacting KCC, as these are private car parks and therefore not the Council's responsibility. A parking regulator is in the offing, but not in place yet.

I understand and agree with you, however it is really a "praying" type of business where the parking spaces aren't clearly marked as to which company they belong to and who would even in a wild dream though that such small area carpark would be split. Its just a weird practice regardless the history behind this arrangement.

I would not naively expect a favourable resolution of my appeal, however it would be just a gesture of good will and good customer service from these companies if they came to a deal that they accept the parking tickets of each others customers and not clamp people for absolutely ridiculous sum of €125 as a punishment for unintentionally parking in a "wrong" side of the car park.

But yes, it is a very wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

Kathy B wrote: »
    I understand and agree with you, however it is really a "praying" type of business where the parking spaces aren't clearly marked as to which company they belong to and who would even in a wild dream though that such small area carpark would be split. Its just a weird practice regardless the history behind this arrangement.

I would not naively expect a favourable resolution of my appeal, however it would be just a gesture of good will and good customer service from these companies if they came to a deal that they accept the parking tickets of each others customers and not clamp people for absolutely ridiculous sum of €125 as a punishment for unintentionally parking in a "wrong" side of the car park.

But yes, it is a very wishful thinking.

I can't believe this is the way it operates. It's ridiculous

Advertisement