Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap fabric recycling?

Options
  • 26-06-2018 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I've got a large bag of fabric scraps that I'd like to donate rather than just throw into the recycling bin, short of heading to H&M in Athlone does anyone know of any groups who would be interested?

It's a mix of scraps from making clothes, so probably good for kids making art from scraps etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Nice thought. Maybe contact your local primary school or creches?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

milout wrote: »
    I've got a large bag of fabric scraps that I'd like to donate rather than just throw into the recycling bin, short of heading to H&M in Athlone does anyone know of any groups who would be interested?

It's a mix of scraps from making clothes, so probably good for kids making art from scraps etc.

Cheers
    You could ask organisations that deal with dementia clients, as at a stage, texture and colour is important.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are free sections on adverts.ie and similar sites where you could post up about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Also Galway Freecycle is awesome you can give away nearly anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭milout

Thanks everyone.

Ive dropped the local primary an email, great suggestion, but will try the Freecycle if they don't get back to me.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

POssibly a local community centre could be interested. Most of them run crafts or art courses so may have use for something like that. I think there are about 7 around the town.

Advertisement