Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House purchase Dublin

Options
  • 26-06-2018 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi!

I need to buy a property in Dublin (timing not the best, given the prices!). Would, ideally like to be near the sea and near public transport.

Property recently advertised in Meadowbrook Avenue, Baldoyle.

Is this a nice neighbourhood? Is flooding an issue in this area?

Thank you!😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Baldoyle is not a bad area.

Dart & buses (29A) are close enough. Schools are generally good, and there's a lidl close by, and donaghmede shopping centre close too. Re the sea, you are only a stones throw from seafront - but a little further to the nice sandy beaches at either sutton or portmarnock.

Re flooding meadowbrook is a little higher than seagrange park, so i don't think it is in any danger.
    Check this out http://www.floodmaps.ie/ for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Foxfield if budget allows. Close to the sea, although it's a walk or short cycle to Bull Island, close to the DART which I find much better than buses for access to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katie9

Baldoyle is not a bad area.

Dart & buses (29A) are close enough. Schools are generally good, and there's a lidl close by, and donaghmede shopping centre close too. Re the sea, you are only a stones throw from seafront - but a little further to the nice sandy beaches at either sutton or portmarnock.

Re flooding meadowbrook is a little higher than seagrange park, so i don't think it is in any danger.
    Check this out http://www.floodmaps.ie/ for peace of mind.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katie9

Foxfield if budget allows. Close to the sea, although it's a walk or short cycle to Bull Island, close to the DART which I find much better than buses for access to the city.

I'll check out that area, thank you.

Advertisement