Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a laptop off pigsback

Options
  • 26-06-2018 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi is this a bad idea? I seen a laptop that was €600 now reduced to €179. I need a new laptop but all I need is something basic for the internet and using Microsoft word
    Any thanks

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Impossible to know without knowing the specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

https://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/403749/jy-co-ltd

If it's the one here then there's no way it could have been 600. It's really low spec and would crawl doing anything even remotely taxing. Doesn't even have full size USB ports as far as I can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mordeith wrote: »
    If it's the one here then there's no way it could have been 600. It's really low spec and would crawl doing anything even remotely taxing. Doesn't even have full size USB ports as far as I can tell

+1 it's a glorified tablet. No HDD or SSD and only 2GB RAM to run Windows 10 - avoid.

Was never priced anywhere close to €600

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Avoid ...my parents got one from pigsback last year and it was pure muck. I would imagine the particular model they got was at least 6 if not 7 years old.
    Slow is not the word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just in case anyone is tempted by this offer, it might be worth your while reading reviews about the actual vendor, the firm you would be buying from - the J&Y Co. Ltd, otherwise known as Jaoyeh Trading Ltd.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/jaoyeh.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ricicle

Thanks folks, I’ll avoid it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Attifowler

I suppose this laptop was spoilt, like a cup of coffee or some punches

Advertisement