Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Under 20 2019 6 Nations and World Championships

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Scotlad u20s score an early try against wales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Clegg wrote: »
    French props look ropey at the scrum. Went straight down there and should've been an Irish pen.
    totally. ref really needs to have proper look at them as Ireland are well on top there

edit: and ireland get hammered at the next scrum....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Donal Lenihan and Hugh Cahill are painful. I expect them to be partisan but the absolute fawning over the Irish team is cringeworthy. Everything they do is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Another French try comes from an Irish error. Down to Healy missing an easy kick to touch.

Is that both tries from very poor kicks from inside our 22 failing to get near touch? Make basic errors, concede basic tries.

Another French try comes from an Irish error. Down to Healy missing an easy kick to touch.
    Yes not getting to touch was partily reason but some of tackling also very poor in immediate run up to the score

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Very poor from Kernohan, expect more given his Pro 14 experience.

14-13
    Another penalty for Healy

Blessed that was knocked on.

Someone shot up hard there and left a massive gap leading to a huge break.

Ireland on the ropes a tad. On balance of play, France looking like they should be 10 points ahead easily.

France butchered that. But again the only reason they got the chance to score a try is because of poor Irish play. In this instance the fullback overplaying and flinging a pass to touch.

I like the way our guys are playing. It's fast and focused on core skills of running and passing at speed. But we don't half make some dumb errors.

• Advertisement

Jaysus.

Reminiscent of Faf De Klerk on Nathan Hughes last summer.

France butchered that. But again the only reason they got the chance to score a try is because of poor Irish play. In this instance the fullback overplaying and flinging a pass to touch.

I like the way our guys are playing. It's fast and focused on core skills of running and passing at speed. But we don't half make some dumb errors.

France backline is extremely passive defensively. There are opportunities there but our passing is into the chest or even the back shoulder rather than out in front to allow us hit the ball at full pace.

Great break from French. Wasn't aware of the man on his outside though.

Bit lucky to be going in at HT just a point down. But I think we're attacking very well. A couple of French trys came from Irish errors. Cut them out and we've a great chance of winning.

12 - 0 to scotland over wales

any standouts in the first half? I cant watch this game here in the uk

any standouts in the first half? I cant watch this game here in the uk

French has been very good. One bad read in defence but far outweighed by how dangerous he has been in attack. Wren looking lively whenever the ball comes his way. Casey going well too aside from one very ugly clearing kick.

Up front we are hanging in there. Moloney getting through a lot and Hodnett carrying well again. Set piece creaking though and front five on the back foot generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

What's the venue for this game?

Musgrave Park

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Musgrave Park.

I think French and Healy have actually been an upgrade on their counterparts missing the game. Healy in particular probing the French line with nice steps

• Advertisement

Which guys this year are eligible agin next year?

Heymans wrote: »
    Musgrave Park.

I think French and Healy have actually been an upgrade on their counterparts missing the game. Healy in particular probing the French line with nice steps

great to have that competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Okey Dokeys Sindo Tremengus Park.

"Were you a fan of the one handed press-up yourself Donal?"

I've never done anything one handed in my life Hugh.

Living a charmed life. Forward pass but we were completely at sea in defence. Huge gap between the defenders. If the pass was flat, France were through.

Great platform for us now though.

Which guys this year are eligible agin next year?
    all squad dob's here
    https://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/under20/profiles/

You must not give away 17 penalties in a single phase again, I will only warn you 5 more times.

• Advertisement

The break will suit France. They were gasping after that defensive passage. Big long rest for them now.

Ireland will hopefully keep the ball and make France work their arse off in defence leading them to being gassed after 70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Penalty seems like a poor return.

Very poor decision from Penny. Hodnett possibly could have taken it but never should have had to.

Can see a penalty here.

Edit: And there it is instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

I just gave you a warning but I’m serious this time this is the final warning. Great reffing....

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You must not give away 17 penalties in a single phase again, I will only warn you 5 more times.

Turns out I wasn't exaggerating.

**** off ref, its well past cards time. Useless officiating and endangering players.

• Advertisement

Can I make a complaint to RTE about the state of this commentary?

Brilliant from Casey but he needs to rein it in. Referee is right to warn him about his mouth. Has been berating some if his team mates a lot...even for a scrum half!

Having a great game though. Can see Lenihan giving him MOTM.

Is the irish captain putting this ref under pressure to get the yellow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Referee here is pretty poor it must be said... then he’s overheard joking “maybe my eyes aren’t quick enough” :confused: might be what is behind the eyes that is the issue I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The hysterical whining of the commentators is hard to listen to.

Casey looked very comfortable in open ground there, lovely step, looks a very accomplished player, rare to see an Irish 9 stand out at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Weg Leary!

Can I make a complaint to RTE about the state of this commentary?

Tis brutal.

Ben Healy puts in a bad kick.

Cahill: "That's not a bad kick".

It's ok to say when we screw up, lads. We've made mistakes. We're good but making life hard on ourselves .

Wouldnt say the ref has been very poor but been inconsistent in some areas of game. he should be murdered in his assessment for not picking up on any of the high tackles

Casey is a proper sparky scrum half.

Ryan Baird is a behemoth of a man.

• Advertisement

Turner is ferocious in contact for his size, consistently threatens the breakdown in defence as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

2nd forward pass from the French with no pressure. Poor stuff.

Yuss.

Wycherly by God.

Great set play. We've used that same move two or three times. Healy carries hard at first receiver and Hodnett does the same on second phase. Moved us 15m downfield each time.

That was a fantastic passage of play right from Healy's first carry, kept changing point of attack, great clearouts, score felt inevitable.

baas baa wrote: »
    Turner is ferocious in contact for his size, consistently threatens the breakdown in defence as well.
    You're right. Turner has hit like a tank all evening. Put in a lovely covering tackle just there.

Scotland 27 wales 6

The hit from Baird there, tossed the French 2nd row like a rag doll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Fantastic game to watch. Some crowd there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

27-6 to Scotland v Wales after 50 mins is good news for us.

Advertisement