Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Under 20 2019 6 Nations and World Championships

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Not an expert, but some of those guys would be killed in the pro game. Some great developing talent though.
    Thats be expected every year so hoe expeccted is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Ireland win Grand Slam and the panel on Rte are arguing over whether the changes at 9 and 10 were made too late. Jesus

Jesus wouldn't have a hope on that pitch tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

feargale wrote: »
    Will anyone from the team be drafted into the World Cup team later this year, or is it too early for them?

Far too early for them.

If you think back to the 2016 side that made the WC final it took Ryan, Stockdale and Porter a year to get capped by Ireland, and even then it was against the USA and Japan.

I suppose some might get gametime at their province sooner than usual with the WC. Craig Casey seems an obvious candidate for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭typhoony

I thought as unit the front row were a vital cog in winning the 6 nations, usually one or 2 players outshine the rest however I couldn't pick any of them out over the rest. An excellent collective performance throughout the campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

On a side note
    Thought Kai Evans (son of I Evans) looked a class act at full back for Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Annabella1 wrote: »
    On a side note
    Thought Kai Evans (son of I Evans) looked a class act at full back for Wales

Except for getting skinned for Reilly’s try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

These lads were as good a team as any, in a cohesive way. They played extremely well with and for each other.
    Compared to last season the difference was night and day.
    I was a very down on the coaching ticket prior to this 6nations and I have been shown to be wrong.
    I don't know if the talent available this year is better than last year, but a year ago I was struck by how many players stood out as individuals and I was amazed that as a team, they were found wanting!
    But, this group has potential to produce some good pro players.
    One or two may be internationals.
    The rwc will be tough, especially with England up 1st. England have lads that have featured in the premiership and are so big.
    A grand slam is a great result for these lads and they have exceeded my expectations!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This post is made with my blue tinted glasses on. Penney was brilliant yesterday. Worked his arse off and made so many key contributions. He'd played well all tournament but yesterday he was a class above. Showed why he's won 4 Leinster senior caps at just 19.

Baird is someone who has a big future also. He's made positive contributions in off the bench since coming back into the squad. He looks like he dwarfs most players on the pitch and is a very good ball carrier.

I'm hopeful that Hawkshaw can fully recuperate from his inury as he looks like a very classy 12. In Henshaw and CoB we've good carriers and offloaders, but we're missing that smooth passer ala Reid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

bilston wrote: »
    Far too early for them.

If you think back to the 2016 side that made the WC final it took Ryan, Stockdale and Porter a year to get capped by Ireland, and even then it was against the USA and Japan.

I suppose some might get gametime at their province sooner than usual with the WC. Craig Casey seems an obvious candidate for that.

As good as Casey is/has been in the 6nations everyone seems to be brushing over the fact his box kicking is well below par, he’ll have to drastically improve that to reach senior provincial level never mind international. Looking forward to monitoring his progress tho and hopefully he can stay fit

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Lucas44 wrote: »
    As good as Casey is/has been in the 6nations everyone seems to be brushing over the fact his box kicking is well below par, he’ll have to drastically improve that to reach senior provincial level never mind international. Looking forward to monitoring his progress tho and hopefully he can stay fit

Is that your opinion on him from the 6n or have you seen him play otherwise? I only ask because I don't recall a lot of box kicking from us in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

baas baa wrote: »
    Is that your opinion on him from the 6n or have you seen him play otherwise? I only ask because I don't recall a lot of box kicking from us in the tournament.

6 nations and underage interprovincials, he hasn’t played a whole lot of ail but the box kicks in the 6 nations weren’t very impressive to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭typhoony

Baird may have the most potential out of this crop, tall and athletic, scope to bulk up in the future, I think he a has a higher ceiling than others in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

typhoony wrote: »
    Baird may have the most potential out of this crop, tall and athletic, scope to bulk up in the future, I think he a has a higher ceiling than others in the team.

Penny is already playing pro level with Leinster his ceiling is also high ,

Does anyone know when the u18s ireland team is named - the youths thread is just results so i cant post this question there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Does anyone know when the u18s ireland team is named - the youths thread is just results so i cant post this question there

Don’t know when the team is named, but Ireland are playing on the 13th, 17th and 21st of April I think. They are being played in Gloucester and Worcester which is pretty close to me, so I was planning on going if I can find the time.

• Advertisement

few weeks. Schools thread is just results youths isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

few weeks. Schools thread is just results youths isn't.

Are there rules about discussing the Ireland u18's, or posting about the matches? Some of the players will still be in school next year so I'm assuming it's a topic best left alone?

Are there rules about discussing the Ireland u18's, or posting about the matches? Some of the players will still be in school next year so I'm assuming it's a topic best left alone?
    Dont see why but pm a mod if you think its necessary to
    Wouldnt see why it should be a problem talking about ireland u18s in the youths thread as many will still be youths players as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Great article here about the grand slam

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sunderland00

Heard it’s between trinity & UCD for all Ireland. Tarf lots of injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

I'm praying for no injuries before the JWC , we always go there with half a squad

Heard it’s between trinity & UCD for all Ireland. Tarf lots of injuries.
    Not giving any Munster sides a chance then?

The Donal Walsh Cup and Plate finals on today in Tralee.
    Bohs beat Bruff 17-0 in Plate
    UCC beat Garryowen 24-22

So Fraser Mc Mullan games are
    UCC v Lansdowne
    Garryowen v UCD
    Clontarf v Bruff
    Trinity v Bohs

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

How did the McCorry Cup games go yesterday?

How did the McCorry Cup games go yesterday?
    all results on Leinsterrugby.ie
    Terenure, Lansdowne, Rock, Barnhall won

all results on Leinsterrugby.ie
    Terenure, Lansdowne, Rock, Barnhall won

Thank you, that site is now randomly blocked at work and this isn't.

So Trinity and Clontarf both lost, wow.

rotated players ahead of fraser mc mullan maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Clontarf game finished 28-21 to Barnhall,

Trinity game was 23-12 to Terenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Not giving any Munster sides a chance then?

The Donal Walsh Cup and Plate finals on today in Tralee.
    Bohs beat Bruff 17-0 in Plate
    UCC beat Garryowen 24-22

So Fraser Mc Mullan games are
    UCC v Lansdowne
    Garryowen v UCD
    Clontarf v Bruff
    Trinity v Bohs

Not sure that is correct IRFU have as;

Garryowen v Lansdowne
    UCC v UCD
    DUFC v Shannon
    Clontarf v UL Bohs

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Not sure that is correct IRFU have as;

Garryowen v Lansdowne
    UCC v UCD
    DUFC v Shannon
    Clontarf v UL Bohs
    Was thinking Munster sides were based on the two finals played in tralee at the weekend.

Was thinking Munster sides were based on the two finals played in tralee at the weekend.

They have Rated as below:

Munster 1 - Garryowen
    Munster 2 - UCC
    Munster 3 - Shannon
    Munster 4 - UL Bohs

• Advertisement

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    They have Rated as below:

Munster 1 - Garryowen
    Munster 2 - UCC
    Munster 3 - Shannon
    Munster 4 - UL Bohs
    I know that now then what were 2 finals then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

rotated players ahead of fraser mc mullan maybe

Clontarf have a good few injuries currently. Trinity had a full u20s team out in that the only eligible players not playing were players that play for the first xv.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Clontarf have a good few injuries currently. Trinity had a full u20s team out in that the only eligible players not playing were players that play for the first xv.

What players were tarf missing?

What players were tarf missing?

I saw their team sheet in a whats app group. I think they were missing a few front row players. But they had Declan Adamson, Adam Fleming and Conor Kelly on the bench. Ruadhan Byron, Fionn Gilbert, Grellan Murray, Mark O'Sullivan, Frankie O'Dea, Tadhg Bird, Mikey McGriff all down on it as starting.

I saw their team sheet in a whats app group. I think they were missing a few front row players. But they had Declan Adamson, Adam Fleming and Conor Kelly on the bench. Ruadhan Byron, Fionn Gilbert, Grellan Murray, Mark O'Sullivan, Frankie O'Dea, Tadhg Bird, Mikey McGriff all down on it as starting

Must not care about the mccorry enough so. So weird that they put out such a strong side to get turned over by barnhall of all teams...

I saw their team sheet in a whats app group. I think they were missing a few front row players. But they had Declan Adamson, Adam Fleming and Conor Kelly on the bench. Ruadhan Byron, Fionn Gilbert, Grellan Murray, Mark O'Sullivan, Frankie O'Dea, Tadhg Bird, Mikey McGriff all down on it as starting

Must not care about the mccorry enough so. So weird that they put out such a strong side to get turned over by barnhall of all teams...

Not sure why you would say Barnhall of all teams. Surely any Premier 1 side on their day can take another one and Barnhall have been improving.

Fraser McMullan quarters
    Clontarf 38 Bohs 17
    Trinity 70 Shannon 17
    Garryowen 24 Lansdowne 31
    UCC 40 UCD 25

Fraser McMullan quarters
    Clontarf 38 Bohs 17
    Trinity 70 Shannon 17
    Garryowen 24 Lansdowne 31
    UCC 40 UCD 25

Lansdowne only away side to win
    3 Leinster & 1 Munster sides for semi
    Fancied Garryowen & thought Tarf would have put more on Bohs who are a bit out of their depth in this competition but they went well enough
    Not a great sign that Cork Con disbanded their 20s. What happened there?
    Trinity with some result think semi finals are
    Lansdowne v Trinity
    Clontarf v UCC

So tarf trinity final again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

Trinity team sheet?

Connacht u20 cup had few games this weekend.
    Sligo 16 Ballina 54
    Creggs 34 Connemara 17
    Monivea/Westport 29 Ballinrobe 33

Irish 18s and 19s squads to be named later today

Frazer McMullan Semi Finals
    Clontarf 26 UCC 27
    Lansdowne 29 Trinity 32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Clontarf 26 UCC 27
    Lansdowne 29 Trinity 32

2 cracking games by all account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Clontarf 26 UCC 27
    Lansdowne 29 Trinity 32

Two unreal fixtures. Hard to call, neutral venue - maybe Dubarry Park? UCC for me, definitely had the harder semi so may stand to them in the trenches of the final.

• Advertisement

McCorry Semi

Terenure 18 Blackrock 13

Deserved win for Terenure.

Two unreal fixtures. Hard to call, neutral venue - maybe Dubarry Park? UCC for me, definitely had the harder semi so may stand to them in the trenches of the final.
    would imagine somewhere in North Munster along M7 maybe Nenagh or somewhere like Portlaoise more than Athlone but never know with this.

Few years ago when Cork Constitution beat UCD I believe it was played in Portlaois.

Few years ago when Cork Constitution beat UCD I believe it was played in Portlaois.
    And Con Terenure just few years before that was Clonmel. Could be wide range of venues

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Leinster5

McCorry Semi

Terenure 18 Blackrock 13

Deserved win for Terenure.
    Fair play to Blackrock. Much improved in the cup it seems. I heard Terenure turned ball over on their own line in last play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement