Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Under 20 2019 6 Nations and World Championships

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 deecebackrow

Hardly short sighted when Molony hasn't done much whatsoever since he had a very good season or two a few years back. We've just let Kearney and Nagle go so he may well be kept on like you say, I would expect the two of them to pass him out soon.

Molony just had a very good season for Leinster.

He isn't going anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 deecebackrow

Possible XV for next season:

1. Harry Noonan(Leinster)
    2. John McKee(Leinster)*
    3. Tom Clarkson(Leinster)*
    4. Brian Deeny(Leinster)*
    5. Tom Ahern(Munster)*
    6. Anthony Ryan(Leinster)
    7. Mark Hernan(Leinster)
    8. David McCann(Ulster)*
    9. Ben Murphy(Leinster)
    10. Jack Crowley(Munster)
    11. Aaron Sexton(Ulster)
    12. Mick O'Gara(Leinster)
    13. Hayden Hyde(Ulster)
    14. Andrew Smith(Leinster)
    15. Max O'Reilly(Leinster)*

* = previously capped by ireland u20

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

sub-academy next season, probable academy season after.

Nah he’ll be in academy after his second year of 20s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's mad, Ross Molony is a good player. But, I think the futelure locks will pass him by over the next couple of years. I hope Leinster take Ryan into the academy, if not I think he's bound for Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

If Molony can kick on from last season then he wont be going anywhere. Hes got a good deal of potential, is a bloody good line out operator and is already seen as a leader in the senior squad. He can actually step off both feet well to so if he can bring that bit more physicality I can see him becoming a very good player for us.

Still, it's a great conversation to be having given where we were several years ago at lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Hardly short sighted when Molony hasn't done much whatsoever since he had a very good season or two a few years back. We've just let Kearney and Nagle go so he may well be kept on like you say, I would expect the two of them to pass him out soon.

It's quite obviously short sighted.

You don't rate Molony. Fine

You're saying to cut him loose now for 2 players who've played 20 minutes of senior rugby between them?

How many players haven't lived up to their potential at senior level having being rated at U20's?

Hint: It's a lot.

Let's wait and see how the young fellas fare. Good performances will be rewarded

https://www.world.rugby/u20/news/429067
    England centre Cameron Redpath will appear at a hearing before an independent World Rugby Disciplinary Committee chaired by Alan Hudson (Canada) along with John Langford (former Australia player) and Sarah Smith (former Scotland player) in Rosario on 19 June, 2019 having been cited by Citing Commissioner Enrique Cazenave (Argentina) for biting Ireland hooker Dylan Tierney-Martin in breach of Law 9.12 in their match at the World Rugby U20 Championship in Rosario, Argentina, on 17 June, 2019.

Well that doesn't make for good reading.

Wont change the result if he's found guilty

Redpath accepted the citing. The Disciplinary Committee received evidence from Redpath, Tierney-Martin, the Ireland team doctor and the referee as well as submissions on behalf of the player in relation to the entry point. The Disciplinary Committee considered that this was a low-end breach of Law 9.12 which carries a 12-week entry point. The Disciplinary Committee considered the player’s previously clean record, early acceptance of his conduct, apology, youth and inexperience to reduce the sanction by the maximum 50 per cent to six weeks.

I'm sorry what??

This wont change the result and has no affect affect on my life but....

How is there a "low end breach" for biting? You've deliberately put your teeth around another person. A bloody 3 year old knows not to do that.

"Youth and inexperience" is just insulting to all involved...

"Sorry I bit him, but I'm 19 - barely a legal adult - I don't know what I am doing" how does this hold up??

And to get half shaved off? I know it's common place now but that is sheer and utter scumbaggery that should be shown no leniency.

Rugby is losing the run of itself with regards to citing and banning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Is Hayden Hyde elidgible for the squad this year?, wouldve thought he would be called in ahead of Ryan , I've heard hes a cracking player

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jmn51927

Is Hayden Hyde elidgible for the squad this year?, wouldve thought he would be called in ahead of Ryan , I've heard hes a cracking player

He will be under 19 this summer.

• Advertisement

Ah thought he was an u19

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

I'm sorry what??

This wont change the result and has no affect affect on my life but....

How is there a "low end breach" for biting? You've deliberately put your teeth around another person. A bloody 3 year old knows not to do that.

"Youth and inexperience" is just insulting to all involved...

"Sorry I bit him, but I'm 19 - barely a legal adult - I don't know what I am doing" how does this hold up??

And to get half shaved off? I know it's common place now but that is sheer and utter scumbaggery that should be shown no leniency.

Rugby is losing the run of itself with regards to citing and banning

Dry your eyes, mate. No-one got an ear bitten off.

mark_way wrote: »
    Dry your eyes, mate. No-one got an ear bitten off.

What does this antagonistic comment add to the thread?

5 posts in and you've already identified yourself as a pest.

Welcome back user who previously had an account deleted...

What does this antagonistic comment add to the thread?

5 posts in and you've already identified yourself as a pest.

Welcome back user who previously had an account deleted...

Your post came across as way over-dramatic. Did you even see the incident?

I'll ignore your ad-hominem.

mark_way wrote: »
    Your post came across as way over-dramatic. Did you even see the incident?

I'll ignore your ad-hominem.

While we're on the topic of ignore...

Won't be seeing you

While we're on the topic of ignore...

Won't be seeing you

Drama queen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

jmn51927 wrote: »
    He will be under 19 this summer.

No he isn't, born in 2000.

https://www.ulsterrugby.com/2019/06/abbey-insurance-ulster-academy-2019-20-squad-announced/

gazump123 wrote: »

Can’t call up someone mid exams

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Number 137

New Zealand XV to play Ireland:

1. Oliver Norris - 6'4 - 122kg
    2. Shilo Klein - 5'9 - 106kg
    3. Fletcher Newell - 6'1 - 112kg
    4. Cullen Grace - 6'3 - 106kg
    5. Tupo Vaa'i - 6'6 - 118kg
    6. Kaylum Boshier - 6'2 - 100kg
    7. Jeriah Mua - 6'1 - 104kg
    8. Simon Parker - 6'4 - 109kg
    9. Taufa Funaki - 5'8 - 91kg
    10. Rivez Reihana - 6'3 - 94kg
    11. Leicester Fainga'anuku - 6'2 - 108kg
    12. Quinn Tupaea - 6'1 - 97kg
    13. Billy Proctor - 6'2 - 98kg
    14. Etene Nanai Seturo - 6'0 - 89kg
    15. Cole Forbes - 5'11 - 91kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

Number 137 wrote: »
    New Zealand XV to play Ireland:

1. Oliver Norris - 6'4 - 122kg
    2. Shilo Klein - 5'9 - 106kg
    3. Fletcher Newell - 6'1 - 112kg
    4. Cullen Grace - 6'3 - 106kg
    5. Tupo Vaa'i - 6'6 - 118kg
    6. Kaylum Boshier - 6'2 - 100kg
    7. Jeriah Mua - 6'1 - 104kg
    8. Simon Parker - 6'4 - 109kg
    9. Taufa Funaki - 5'8 - 91kg
    10. Rivez Reihana - 6'3 - 94kg
    11. Leicester Fainga'anuku - 6'2 - 108kg
    12. Quinn Tupaea - 6'1 - 97kg
    13. Billy Proctor - 6'2 - 98kg
    14. Etene Nanai Seturo - 6'0 - 89kg
    15. Cole Forbes - 5'11 - 91kg

Based on what I have seen so far I will be very surprised if we can't win this one.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Seturo has been a major disappointment in this competition from judging him on his super rugby appearances this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Seturo has been a major disappointment in this competition from judging him on his super rugby appearances this season

I expected Quinn Tupaea to be a standout based on his performances for Waikato. Thought it was odd that Toala and McClutchie weren’t brought to the tournament as well.

Expect our backs to be bullied and targeted particularly the 9,10,12 channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Is Plumtree on the nz bench son of former Irish forward coach? Pretty sure he won a jct with Blackrock if it is which is an interesting back story. Probably played with some of tea Irish lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Is Plumtree on the nz bench son of former Irish forward coach? Pretty sure he won a jct with Blackrock if it is which is an interesting back story. Probably played with some of tea Irish lads

Yeah it's John Plumtrees son, but he didn't play JCT, that was his older brother Reece.

• Advertisement

Why have ireland gone for Foley at 12 again, he was a disaster against Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

The Scots have lost heavily to Fiji (59 - 34) so finish in last place.

England won comfortably enough V Wales in an entertaining game to finish 5th. Final score 45 - 26.

Great win for Fiji. Always sad to see a home nation get relegated, but hopefully the Super 6 competition will help Scotland develop more players and not rely on imports/exiles as much.

I see the junior all blacks spend a lot less time synchronising their routine in comparison to the senior team.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ireland are seriously pumped up for this match. Great hit from Watters.

Flannery is not a good kicker from 10. Very poor kick there to open space for the NZ backs to comfortably win the territorial battle.

• Advertisement

Poor try to concede. Very little support or corner flagging to gather the bounce. NZ shouldn't be able to gather that and stroll over without a finger on them.

Jesus. That's taken the wind out of our sails. Casey having a tough time at the base of the ruck. Protection isn't good enough.

Commentators calling the ball out immediately. Clearly not out on that first angle. Ball was not beyond the hind most.

TMO gives his decision that the player was onside. That was not the question asked.

We look knackered to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

How the **** was that ball out? Clueless **** from the officials. And the commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ireland playing like they are looking forward to the flight home. Haven’t turned up at all.

We're done. Lads are exhausted. 19-0 down after 13 minutes. They'd happily be on the plane now, I'd imagine.

Wide defending is very poor again though if must be said.

Dense from DTM. And NZ score a try from the resulting kick to the corner.

Ireland falling off tackles all over the place. They're on the plane mentally. It has been a draining and disjointed tournament for them so I can't blame them but it's a disappointing finish to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Injuries or no injuries this is unacceptable.

NZ are very average U20 team this tournament and Wales beat them.

Shipping this kind of score shows disorganisation and disinterest from players who should be thankful of their opportunity.

Heymans wrote: »
    Injuries or no injuries this is unacceptable.

You kinda need to grow up mate.

These are amateur kids who've had a tough few weeks, a somewhat unlucky start and have now lost focus.

You need to take this all a lot less seriously, especially when minor players are involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Think that was a try. Ref was in a crap position.

• Advertisement

Really need to get some form of points on the board before half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

This team has shown plenty of character over the last 5 months or so. Don't think they're disinterested, just tired and off form.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

You kinda need to grow up mate.

These are amateur kids who've had a tough few weeks, a somewhat unlucky start and have now lost focus.

You need to take this all a lot less seriously, especially when minor players are involved.

Me take underage rugby less seriously? Never.

At my sons U7's games this season I ref the whole game from the sideline.

It's my attitude that breeds champions.

Anyone else feel like the commentary is unbelievably biased? I mean Kernohan hardly "propelled himself into the air" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

thats a beautiful try

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mad game Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Anyone else feel like the commentary is unbelievably biased? I mean Kernohan hardly "propelled himself into the air" there.

SH commentators usually have an air of supremacy about them. Was same in Australia game, “plucky Irish” etc.

some if the scrum reffing looks like the officials just flip a coin

Ben Healy is far better at getting th backline moving than Flannery, so very poor decision making and execution out there

• Advertisement

Ben healy on too late to make a difference at this stage, surely he shouldve started

Advertisement