Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows

• 27-06-2018 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have major problems with my window they were fitted 8 years ago it started with rain actually seeping through and lodging in the window frames... Then the company's solution to the problem was pump with silicone in doing so they marked my windows so I was promised a factor finish which needless to say I did not get.. Then the hinges rusted... They r triple glazed and 3 of the windows have had to b replace due to condensation inside window the list goes on...... My question is.. Is there an I dependant person or company I can get to check my windows as I am sick of this now as we paid nearly 13 thousand for the windows I'm thinking of may b taking them to court any info b really appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 73hdkgo

Sinmcc81 wrote: »
    I have major problems with my window they were fitted 8 years ago it started with rain actually seeping through and lodging in the window frames... Then the company's solution to the problem was pump with silicone in doing so they marked my windows so I was promised a factor finish which needless to say I did not get.. Then the hinges rusted... They r triple glazed and 3 of the windows have had to b replace due to condensation inside window the list goes on...... My question is.. Is there an I dependant person or company I can get to check my windows as I am sick of this now as we paid nearly 13 thousand for the windows I'm thinking of may b taking them to court any info b really appreciated..
    John Lynch uPVC in Watch House Cross. He has done two separate jobs for myself as well as a number of friends and I would definitely recommend. Knows his stuff and is a sound bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭manna452121

73hdkgo wrote: »
    John Lynch uPVC in Watch House Cross. He has done two separate jobs for myself as well as a number of friends and I would definitely recommend. Knows his stuff and is a sound bloke.

John Lynch is great,done alot of work for me over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

As a competitor in the window market I don't think John in Watch House Cross could be considered an independent person?

It might be worth contacting SEAI or NSAI and see where that trail leads. If you're looking for a reliable witness for court then another window supplier might not be the way to go.

Advertisement