Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child seat weights

Options
  • 27-06-2018 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭

I have a 3 1/2 year old that is near 20kg and I was looking at moving her from the front mounted weeride seat as she is too big for it, was hoping to get a rear mounted bike seat but reading up all their weight limits show 22kg max on them.

Has anyone purchased stronger seats for older kids?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I went from a rear seat to a tag-a-long when they were going on 4 , generally more fun all round.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

silverharp wrote: »
    I went from a rear seat to a tag-a-long when they were going on 4 , generally more fun all round.

Excellent thank you ,will look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I'm interested to hear that you've squeezed so long out of the Weeride, I think mine says it has a weight limit of 15kg (he's that now at 2yrs 4 mths) but I was expecting I should be able to get another 6 months out of it at least. for you it's more of a size than a weight issue?

I'm interested to hear that you've squeezed so long out of the Weeride, I think mine says it has a weight limit of 15kg (he's that now at 2yrs 4 mths) but I was expecting I should be able to get another 6 months out of it at least. for you it's more of a size than a weight issue?

We got until she was Three from it, yes more of size as she was complaining it was tight when in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I have a carrier rack on my bike and the child seat can then rest on it with the kid in place. It could be an option depending on whether you can push the bracket up further on the seat tube so that both can fit.

• Advertisement

I have a carrier rack on my bike and the child seat can then rest on it with the kid in place. It could be an option depending on whether you can push the bracket up further on the seat tube so that both can fit.

Double support - good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Bobike junior carries up to 35kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I think the 15 kg limit is an EU limit for a seat that attaches at the front. I think the company themselves state that height is the real limiting factor. With ours i found that the area where their feet fit was the limiting factor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

surball wrote: »
    Bobike junior carries up to 35kg.

I've one of these , very solid.

Advertisement