Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are the World Cup and Hot women done?

• 27-06-2018 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭

In true boards soccer style I ask the question.

Very disappointing this year, where are the wandering camera men?

Have the feminists dug in and taken control of the cameras too? Do they not realize these beauties want to be captured and adored!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

There's been a few decent shots of dollys now I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

With out those types of camera men Pamela Anderson would never be a household name.

But it is funny how they go on about the pictures of woman who are wanting to get pictures take when you have websites aimed at woman doing the same thing with men at football and the Olympics

But it is funny how they go on about the pictures of woman who are wanting to get pictures take when you have websites aimed at woman doing the same thing with men at football and the Olympics

I underlined the relevant word. It's possibly not the exact same people, drooling over pics of men at the Olympics is as lowbrow as the whole "look at the tits on this one, I'd do her". Which, let's be honest, is pretty much the essence of the "hot" fans thread. And while it might have had a time and place, think it's now a bit neanderthal. Ironically, when I pointed it out there, I think the response was "well fcuk off" which was thanked by many (even mods)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I underlined the relevant word. It's possibly not the exact same people, drooling over pics of men at the Olympics is as lowbrow as the whole "look at the tits on this one, I'd do her". Which, let's be honest, is pretty much the essence of the "hot" fans thread. And while it might have had a time and place, think it's now a bit neanderthal. Ironically, when I pointed it out there, I think the response was "well fcuk off" which was thanked by many (even mods)!

Your first point is right. “They” is often used assuming that “they” are a group with the same opinion that constantly changes when in reality it’s a bunch of people with different viewpoints that get airtime at different times.

Your second point is nonsense. It’s not Neanderthal. It’s human nature. As long as men exist, most will look at attractive women and say “Look at the tits on this one...” or some such variant. And women will pretty much do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I dunno, I am usually 5 minutes behind the match due to rewinding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It'll be a sad day when a man or women can't comment like that about someone they find attractive.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Your second point is nonsense. It’s not Neanderthal. It’s human nature. As long as men exist, most will look at attractive women and say “Look at the tits on this one...” or some such variant. And women will pretty much do the same.

Oh I agree with some of that...but I did refer to time and place.

This is a football forum, and I suspect we managed to get through the first few international football tournaments without it here. We still get through Irish internationals without it. We manage to get through Irish, English and European club games without it. So I disagree that it's "human nature" to have it here.

Oh I agree with some of that...but I did refer to time and place.

This is a football forum, and I suspect we managed to get through the first few international football tournaments without it here. We still get through Irish internationals without it. We manage to get through Irish, English and European club games without it. So I disagree that it's "human nature" to have it here.

That’s because Colombians, Brazilians, Russians and Poles are better looking than the munters from this part of the world...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's become part of the specatcle of the World Cup I think. I doubt you'd find many of these Instagram types at a League 2 game on a cold Tuesday night. The World Cup is massive from an advertising and branding standpoint. It attracts all types who you wouldn't usually get attending or watching.

I think some of the shots are posed to bits, so much so that it takes away from it tbh. Give me a shy smiling girl anytime or a fan that's genuinely into the action rather than someone dying to boost their profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

rob316 wrote: »
    In true boards soccer style I ask the question.

Very disappointing this year, where are the wandering camera men?

Have the feminists dug in and taken control of the cameras too? Do they not realize these beauties want to be captured and adored!

All over social media top drawer totty best so far have been the Peru birds

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There will probably be none at the next world cup.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's become part of the specatcle of the World Cup I think. I doubt you'd find many of these Instagram types at a League 2 game on a cold Tuesday night. The World Cup is massive from an advertising and branding standpoint. It attracts all types who you wouldn't usually get attending or watching.

I think some of the shots are posed to bits, so much so that it takes away from it tbh. Give me a shy smiling girl anytime or a fan that's genuinely into the action rather than someone dying to boost their profile.

That Russian girl from a few years ago who smiled only when she realised she was on camera sends me weak at the knees and brightens my day every time.

I don’t believe in love at first sight but I think I’m in love with her. And she didn’t even have her tits on show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

It’s neanderthal in the sense that we have good internet now and there’s a lot of women on there. Do we really need to wait for the World Cup to see attractive women, pause the tv and take a photo of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It's pretty harmless fun and the usual indictment of modern society that it is something people take umberage with. There is plenty more relevant issues for people to get up in a heap about

Who really cares?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

You wha? They've been zooming in on loads of hot women at this world cup. It's obviously the screenshotters on boards who are in disappointing form this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭abcabc123123

Particularly memorable were the Colombians, Tunisians, Iranians. Poles too.

It's pretty harmless fun and the usual indictment of modern society that it is something people take umberage with. There is plenty more relevant issues for people to get up in a heap about

Who really cares?

That makes no sense.

You see objections as an indictment of an entire society, and say they should think about more profound issues, whereas those who think about tits during football matches have no such expectations? Unless your point is sure God love them, we hardly expect them to think about Syria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

hopefully, it's cringy as ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

DeanAustin wrote: »
    That Russian girl from a few years ago who smiled only when she realised she was on camera sends me weak at the knees and brightens my day every time.

I don’t believe in love at first sight but I think I’m in love with her. And she didn’t even have her tits on show.

Bae

tenor.gif?itemid=12002896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That makes no sense.

You see objections as an indictment of an entire society, and say they should think about more profound issues, whereas those who think about tits during football matches have no such expectations? Unless your point is sure God love them, we hardly expect them to think about Syria.

I don't mind that you don't follow my point tbh.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I don't mind that you don't follow my point tbh.

And I'm mildly amused at your whole "people who looks at tits should have no higher demands placed on them, people who object should really think about more profound issues" logic.

So we're happy enough with each other, in the grand scheme of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

you're so virtuous Conor.

so, so virtuous

m'lady /tips hat

you're so virtuous Conor.

so, so virtuous

m'lady /tips hat

Now now, don't get personal. Look at Omackeral's post and imagine she's smiling at you, so young and...demure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

no.

aeMW1gB_700b-678x381.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Ah OP, far from over, we have Sweden playing tomorrow

rob316 wrote: »
    It'll be a sad day when a man or women can't comment like that about someone they find attractive.

Unfortunately that day is here. And yet for some strange reason, the likes of Aidan Turner showing his torso in Poldark and the Diet Coke ad will continue. :rolleyes: This social justice wont extend beyond scantily clad attractive women.( i have no issue with Aidan Turner or the diet Coke men, but i do with the hypocrisy of the social justice warriors)

Professional models are now out of work because the same brigade who shouted 'My body, my choice' on abortion, seem to think that Models shouldn't have any choice on their career. And apparently they campaign for womens rights? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Unfortunately that day is here. And yet for some strange reason, the likes of Aidan Turner showing his torso in Poldark and the Diet Coke ad will continue. :rolleyes: This social justice wont extend beyond scantily clad attractive women.( i have no issue with Aidan Turner or the diet Coke men, but i do with the hypocrisy of the social justice warriors)

Professional models are now out of work because the same brigade who shouted 'My body, my choice' on abortion, seem to think that Models shouldn't have any choice on their career. And apparently they campaign for womens rights? :confused:
    Soccer forum was a significantly better place when I could log in and not have to read someone's idiotic political opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There's a lot to unpack there...

CSF wrote: »
    Soccer forum was a significantly better place when I could log in and not have to read someone's idiotic political opinions.

Aaawwhh. Ill run everything by you in future just to make sure your alright with it so???

• Advertisement

There's a lot to unpack there...

Nope its just an opinion which im entitled to express. Either keep moving on past it or actually present some sort of counter argument if you dont agree with it.

pretty simple

Nope its just an opinion which im entitled to express. Either keep moving on past it or actually present some sort of counter argument if you dont agree with it.

pretty simple

Nah, it's just an opinion, which I'm entitled to express.

Nah, it's just an opinion, which I'm entitled to express.

Ok then, could you actually flesh out the point where you said 'there is alot to unpack'. If your going to make a statement perhaps provide a bit more detail? Are is your bandwidth limited greatly to 50 characters per post?

Ok then, could you actually flesh out the point where you said 'there is alot to unpack'. If your going to make a statement perhaps provide a bit more detail? Are is your bandwidth limited greatly to 50 characters per post?

You're right, it wasn't fair of me to comment if I'm not prepared to take the time to explain myself. I apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

bur wrote: »
    no.

aeMW1gB_700b-678x381.jpg
    Oh yes!!!

Aaawwhh. Ill run everything by you in future just to make sure your alright with it so???
    Could just talk about football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Could just talk about football.

In the world cup and lack of hot women thread??

In the world cup and lack of hot women thread??

Let me rephrase:

Why is there a thread about the lack of hot women at the World Cup?

I mean if it’s just someone messing grand (I clicked into it thinking it was going to be one of those parody threads you get when United or Liverpool lose a match) but like there absolutely shouldn’t be a thread about how feminists are ruining the male right to look at hot women during the football, and start linking in the abortion referendum etc which blatantly does not belong here.

I mean people are entitled to that idiotic viewpoint if they wish to hold it, and I have zero intention of arguing with those kinds of person. But surely there are more suitable forums (like even within boards.ie) for those sort of discussions?

Let me rephrase:

Why is there a thread about the lack of hot women at the World Cup?

I mean if it’s just someone messing grand (I clicked into it thinking it was going to be one of those parody threads you get when United or Liverpool lose a match) but like there absolutely shouldn’t be a thread about how feminists are ruining the male right to look at hot women during the football, and start linking in the abortion referendum etc which blatantly does not belong here.

I mean people are entitled to that idiotic viewpoint if they wish to hold it, and I have zero intention of arguing with those kinds of person. But surely there are more suitable forums (like even within boards.ie) for those sort of discussions?

Why did you participate in it so?? Why are you trying to censor boards?? :confused: And yet I am the one with stupid and idiotic opinions (which you are not prepared to explain why) ?? You have a bare faced cheek to suggest anyone or their opinions is stupid considering you thought this was a parody thread??? :rolleyes:

If you are willing to dismiss something as stupid then at least be willing to debate that but surprise surprise i see you are not in the slightest willing to do this. Your just another drive by assassin who hasn't the conviction to actually finish what they start

I would have thought you would have the slightest grain of intelligence to establish that the context of the thread from the title is that political correctness has basically eliminated crowd shots of women. It couldnt be clearer

My viewpoint as explained already is that the media companies are bending the knee to the demands of irrational deranged women who somehow only see a problem with objectifying women in their constant state of perpetual victimhood. i think this is a fair viewpoint with alot of basis and recent happenings to back it up.

Although, Id imagine this has gone right over your head despite you being so much clever then the rest of us :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Locking this as it's got very little to do with football/sports at this point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement