Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in Ballinamore

Options
  • 27-06-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi staying in Ballinamore for a week at the end of July can anyone recommend running routes,quiet roads or woods nearby thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 goneirileat

Hi staying in Ballinamore for a week at the end of July can anyone recommend running routes,quiet roads or woods nearby thanks.

Ballinamore is a great place to run.

I generally train on the golf links road which is quiet, scenic and flat. It's about 7km total out and back from Supervalu. It's used in the Ballinamore AC 10K which takes place every August.

I use the GAA training pitch for intervals.

The road to Aughnasheelin is great for long, hilly runs. You'll often see double Olympian, Colin Griffin on this route. I stop at Poll an Eas waterfall, 5k, before continuing up the Sliabh-an-Iarainn slopes 8-10k. The view is rewarding. I often turn back at the waterfall though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 coisnacriann

Thanks very much for that. I tend to do a bit of running on the grass would there be any hassle from the local gaa club about running on there fields? Also are the roads generally quiet with traffic? I wouldnt know the area at all staying out in Drumcoura thanks again for the reply greatly appreciated.

Advertisement