Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best ways someone has wound up an awful employer

• 27-06-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Id like to hear peoples stories of how they or other people have wound up an employer who was either bad, oppressive or just a down right jerk.

Ill start, its a simple one, employer in an office implamented a new rule that plants cant be in the office , on peoples desk etc,used health and saftey as the excuse, people watering them is dangerous near electrics, the pollen etc but really was just a jerk who didnt like plants, the people in the office and just thought of ways to make life awful. Next day this french lady brought in this huge fake plant she got in ikea and stuck it on her desk. Boss tried to claim she couldnt have it but HR backed her up and now everyone has big fake plants all over the office, place looks nice :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Looks like someone had a case of the Mondays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Try to ride one of their close family members?

Daughters work well

Failing that, wife is a close second.

If you are feeling particularly ambitious, you could always aim for both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Fight the power bro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Leave and get a better job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Take a break with the smokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sexmag wrote: »
    Id like to hear peoples stories of how they or other people have wound up an employer who was either bad, oppressive or just a down right jerk.

Ill start, its a simple one, employer in an office implamented a new rule that plants cant be in the office , on peoples desk etc,used health and saftey as the excuse, people watering them is dangerous near electrics, the pollen etc but really was just a jerk who didnt like plants, the people in the office and just thought of ways to make life awful. Next day this french lady brought in this huge fake plant she got in ikea and stuck it on her desk. Boss tried to claim she couldnt have it but HR backed her up and now everyone has big plants all over the office, place looks nice :D

Reminds me of when I had a long trailing artificial ivy all down one wall of my sitting room... A guest once got very worried about how i watered it.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

[font=Times New Roman","serif]My first job when I was about 15/16 in the late 90's was working with a fella (basically the skivvy while he did the driving) delivering people's shopping from the local supermarket.  Ended up getting my mate a job with us too, we were that busy at times.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]One week the driver was sick so he got one of the local bar flies to drive the van in his absence (classic Hi-ace, none of this fancy refrigerated vans that are around now).  The replacement driver was a complete pr*ck.  Little small smelly bald man who had little man syndrome and thought he was our boss seeing as he was driving while we did the hard work.  He used to think there was nothing better than to try and bark out orders to us.  We laughed him off.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]As the week went on (this was during summertime when the temperatures were high, he was going around wearing vest tops absolutely stinking the van out with his BO to go with the constant smoking while driving around), after he tried to take a bigger cut of our tips, my mate and I said enough is enough, time for some payback.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]We started by filling the van's water bottle with coca cola instead of water, the look of panic in his face when he started to use the wipers and they started to stick after he sprayed they windscreen, he was worried that the owner would give him an earful after breaking them.  Also some bleach spilled out of a customer’s shopping and burst so we put some on his seat, his smelly slacks were turned a nice white colour at his ar*e where he was sitting on it, we probably did him a favour they were like rags.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]We used to kick a football around the yard of the supermarket while waiting for deliveries, so on this week the ball hit the brake light of the van (it was already cracked) and knocked a piece away.  Needless to say we blamed the bar fly when questioned by our boss, we told him that he had reversed the van and it hit a load of shopping trolleys.  Turned out he did admit to the owner that he did reverse the van into a wall!  He was told his services were no longer required (added to the fact he was caught drinking on his lunch and driving the van afterwards).[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]We would probably be up in court for bullying in this day and age!![/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]20 odd years later I would still see him in the pub the odd time when I am home and he still says it was great craic working with us youngfellas that summer :-)[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]He still stinks!![/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ill start, its a simple one, employer in an office implamented a new rule that plants cant be in the office , on peoples desk etc,used health and saftey as the excuse, people watering them is dangerous near electrics, the pollen etc but really was just a jerk who didnt like plants, the people in the office and just thought of ways to make life awful. Next day this french lady brought in this huge fake plant she got in ikea and stuck it on her desk. Boss tried to claim she couldnt have it but HR backed her up and now everyone has big plants all over the office, place looks nice :D
    Just to clarify did they back her up on have a fake plant or are ye allowed real ones.

In relation to pollen I would not be as dismisive as you are. We can't have real plants or flower in our house as my sister gets real sick and can barely breath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭weisses

Guy baked a weed cake ...boss had a slice not knowing it had weed in it ,boss drove away in his car ... thought he had a heart attack, pulled over on the hard shoulder called an ambulance ... rest is history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Daughters work well

I may have done that before...was going to get laid off...so I got laid beforehand!

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    Guy baked a weed cake ...boss had a slice not knowing it had weed in it ,boss drove away in his car ... thought he had a heart attack, pulled over on the hard shoulder called an ambulance ... rest is history

Poor boss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Very basic, but in a previous job once I knew I was leaving I refused to do any unsocial hours or give any explanation. I would have been v flexible previously and it caused a lot of headaches for the bitch who was in charge.
    What really annoyed her was that I wouldn’t give any excuses either, just say no. Funny how satisfying it was seeing her get angry but have no real power left. V petty, but v entertaining.
    The company is gone since, but she’s still being a c**t in a management position elsewhere.

Tabasco in the b**#”es apple tart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Ahh nothing much, just decided to stretch my legs out as they were walking past my desk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Worked on contract for a company 3 days a week setting them up with a cooperation project with an Austrian company. 5 people in it, all tossers who confused themselves with being Bill Gates or Steve Jobs on a regular basis.

I was doing languages and project management, effectively organising everything. Bullying was rife, 5 real wannabe jocks.

One of them said that if his work on the crucial meeting didn't look good he would 'kick my Fcuking head up and down Harcourt St'.

I waited an hour and walked out as the two Austrian lads came in and told them why I was leaving.

No idea what happened, but the Irish lads had no German and the Austrians would not conduct business conversations in English in case of a misunderstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OSI wrote: »
    Dunno, never been that petty.

and of course the best way is to be the perfect employee... leaves them speechless and no harm done..

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nitpick man

Back in the day as a security guard I worked in retail mainly food stores.. There was one particular store manager who loved to show his power of position on employees in front of customers. Like making sure everyone in the store knows he's boss. Or times say to the tellers ." You can go on break and start cleaning after ..mop the floors and clean the toilets". Basically trying to belittle them in front of customers..

Now I am contracted to this shop and this person has no authority over me other than my tasks which are set out by the companies..

I get on well with all staff even management , Sometimes doing more than I'm expected , helping them get out quicker so we could all get home . They thought of me as one of their own and all partitioned together to hire me as security for the own company. I was seemingly that good ..

Anyway one Saturday morning I was due in at noon . The shop was packed , two tills open , queue half way down shop.. as I walk in I hear the SM berat staff member sending her into tears..

Today was the day to piss it off.
    SM use to leave the office door ajar with a bin , so it was easier for them to go in and out of. The office has also the safe contained in the room, We had a customer/staff toilets outside the office , meaning anyone could wander on in.

So I kicked the bin in ,locking the door , knowing that the keys where inside.

Well it's face when they realised they couldn't get in , with all the floats and tills waiting for staff to start their shift.
    Trying to blame me . I said "yes I closed the door because there is no in there with money out in the open".
    Poor SM had got call head office and explain that they left key inside .
    40 minutes pass , people leaving full loads of shopping and walking out, a staff member comes with her own key, opens it for SM.
    Few hours later I walk into staff room and the same thing again , the door ajar on office room.. I glance in and see with the days takings being counted up..out on the table.. 30k plus ..easily.. nobody in the room... I see keys on the desk ..
    I close over the door .

Well all hell broke loose ..because me knowing that I'm doing my job correctly by securing the place , he had no comeback what so ever. He got into **** and all the staff and stores had to be briefed over it.

The joys of SM squirming down the phone to head office in front of co workers trying to make out that it was an accident.

Petite I know

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Back in the day as a security guard I worked in retail mainly food stores.. There was one particular store manager who loved to show his power of position on employees in front of customers. Like making sure everyone in the store knows he's boss. Or times say to the tellers ." You can go on break and start cleaning after ..mop the floors and clean the toilets". Basically trying to belittle them in front of customers..

Now I am contracted to this shop and this person has no authority over me other than my tasks which are set out by the companies..

I get on well with all staff even management , Sometimes doing more than I'm expected , helping them get out quicker so we could all get home . They thought of me as one of their own and all partitioned together to hire me as security for the own company. I was seemingly that good ..

Anyway one Saturday morning I was due in at noon . The shop was packed , two tills open , queue half way down shop.. as I walk in I hear the SM berat staff member sending her into tears..

Today was the day to piss it off.
    SM use to leave the office door ajar with a bin , so it was easier for them to go in and out of. The office has also the safe contained in the room, We had a customer/staff toilets outside the office , meaning anyone could wander on in.

So I kicked the bin in ,locking the door , knowing that the keys where inside.

Well it's face when they realised they couldn't get in , with all the floats and tills waiting for staff to start their shift.
    Trying to blame me . I said "yes I closed the door because there is no in there with money out in the open".
    Poor SM had got call head office and explain that they left key inside .
    40 minutes pass , people leaving full loads of shopping and walking out, a staff member comes with her own key, opens it for SM.
    Few hours later I walk into staff room and the same thing again , the door ajar on office room.. I glance in and see with the days takings being counted up..out on the table.. 30k plus ..easily.. nobody in the room... I see keys on the desk ..
    I close over the door .

Well all hell broke loose ..because me knowing that I'm doing my job correctly by securing the place , he had no comeback what so ever. He got into **** and all the staff and stores had to be briefed over it.

The joys of SM squirming down the phone to head office in front of co workers trying to make out that it was an accident.

Petite I know

That story was anything but petite....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

OSI wrote: »
    Dunno, never been that petty.

You're awesome, internet person!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

When they take my stapler and keep moving my desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 nitpick man

Also there was a few customers who didn't show any respect towards the women staff. One guy would was rude to one of them and really caused her upset.. so eveytime time he'd come in to do his shopping he would walk around store but would leave his basket down with shopping in it .. I would go over to it a hide items in there and we would watch his reaction when he got to the till. We would be falling around the place having a good ol laugh.. when he'd be putting items such as Sudo cream, tampons, hand creme and any other ladies products onto the till belt. I did this every time he came in.. which was at least 3-4 times a week. It got to the stage where he'd be staking his own basket out on the shop floor.. so then whenever he'd left it down on the ground and walk off , I'd pick it up and dump it in the NOT BOUGHT trolley to be put back onto the shelves..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I used to work in a shopping chain that's no longer around.

There was one out of the management staff that was a bit of a pr1ck. He used to put a shed load of Bryll cream in his hair. He also used to leave it around the staff lockers.

Let's just say, my co-workers did a "something about mary" before it was cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tabasco in the b**#”es apple tart.

Yum!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

sei_8722052.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

ELM327 wrote: »

God I actually have a stapler. People use it. I’m protective of it. God help me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Bowlardo wrote: »
    God I actually have a stapler. People use it. I’m protective of it. God help me
    Ya, if you could mooove your desk down to the basement, yaaah that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Spend my working hours reading threads on Boards :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Daughters work well

What about the person theyre having their affair with?

Do you really think theyre happily married?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭JamBur

ELM327 wrote: »

Mumble, Mumble Mumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Not so much a wind up.....but a story of sweet revenge.

I was working through a UK agency to a Dutch client at the Botlek in Rotterdam on oil rig overhauls in the early 1990’s.

Our signed timesheets were faxed through every week to the UK so we could get paid, our supervisor would do this.
    We got wind that he was subtracting legitimate hours off certain individuals before sending them off (It never happened to me by the way)

Three of my work mates hatched a plot.

They stole the supervisor’s visa card from his wallet from the locker room and returned it the following morning.
    Whilst in possession of the card the lads headed to the Club OQ in Rotterdam.

The Club OQ is a notorious sex club located over three floors with every perversion catered for…………..The lads literally filled their boots! ;)

And this was well before any of this chip and PIN nonsense, just a drunken scrawl on credit card imprinter and the credit card bill sent to his home address in the UK…..….Explain that one away to the Wife!

Sweet indeed.

It wasn’t me, honest! Years ago in a large supermarket, a particularly obnoxious co worker used get up everyone’s nose. They’d clock in and spend half an hour chatting with pals in canteen “Doing changeover” which was already done. Time was spent in stockroom and other places where they had no business being, leaving co workers to do all the work. One evening, they left their keys on the worktop before disappearing on some urgent errand. One very fed up co worker “accidentally” pushed the keys into a pile of boxes that were then sent to the crusher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Odelay wrote: »
    Yeah...... none of this happened.

No, it did, that Spar with the really well known ice cream section.
    If you build it they will come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ill start, its a simple one, employer in an office implamented a new rule that plants cant be in the office , on peoples desk etc,used health and saftey as the excuse, people watering them is dangerous near electrics, the pollen etc but really was just a jerk who didnt like plants, the people in the office and just thought of ways to make life awful. Next day this french lady brought in this huge fake plant she got in ikea and stuck it on her desk. Boss tried to claim she couldnt have it but HR backed her up and now everyone has big fake plants all over the office, place looks nice :D

I don't know - those justifications all seem reasonably valid to me.

Sounds like a decent workplace if that's your biggest problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

weisses wrote: »

jesus christ - he could have killed himself or someone else driving that car..

that's an outrageously reckless thing to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What about the person theyre having their affair with?

Do you really think theyre happily married?

Ah sure I didn't think that far ahead about the the potential emotional, sociological or philosophical repercussions of the scenario posited in my initial flippant attempt at humour

:)

• Advertisement

Had a job in a Spar shop years ago. Owner was an absolute ****. I handed in my notice after about 8 months working there. So my last day is on a Sunday at the start of the summer.The shop had a big grand re-opening on the Monday morning after getting renovated. This was clearly a big deal to the owner. Photographers in. Free stock being given away. Huge crowds expected. And the big selling point of the renovation....an amazing selection of ice cream and a brilliant ice cream and slushie machine.

So my last shift, as I said was the Sunday night before. We're scrubbing the place from top to bottom while he stands around barking orders and shouting at people to get stuff done. He even tells one of my co-workers, who's black, that she should be used to this sort of strenuous work where she "comes from". Anyway, he leaves about an hour before closing (not before raiding the off license as usual) and gives us a list of things to do. One of those things was to turn off the ice cream machine. The machine was new. Nobody was ever trained in how to operate it which resulted in a lot of screw ups and unhappy customers the few days prior. So I decide...**** it it's my last day and I wasn't told how to use this machine so I'm gonna take the plug out. That's turning it off right ? Hahaha.

Fast forward to the next morning. About 15 missed calls on my phone before I finally answer. He's irate. The ice cream has all melted. The stuff in the freezer is all melted. 5 grand worth of stock ruined and the machine totally fooked just in time for the grand opening. I wish I was there to see the look on his face although a former co-worker of mine tells me he was in an absolute state. Close to tears was how she described him as people flocked in their hundreds to try out this new, much talked about ice cream section in the shop and photographers waiting to put pics in the local papers.

Ya that is what you have liked to have done in reality you did not as you be in more serious trouble then pissing off a boss

Or if it did happen is was more then likely an accident by someone else and your just acting the big man/woman

I do not see the rational in doing anything to a boss as you may never know (especially if you stay in the industry) when you may meet them again and you may need something like a job

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You know the way church organs have different lengths for different notes and nodes and antinodes ?

It's similar for electricity.

Except at the frequencies used by electric trains the dimensions would be hundreds and hundreds of miles.

So when they first electrified the railways in Australia they tried to save some money by short changing the electrical engineer. ( IIRC he came from Serbia or nearby )

So out of spite he designed the system with a branch line just long enough to act as a virtual short circuit.

Cue lots of head scratching.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

tripadvisor.. they hate that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Ya that is what you have liked to have done in reality you did not as you be in more serious trouble then pissing off a boss

Or if it did happen is was more then likely an accident by someone else and your just acting the big man/woman

I do not see the rational in doing anything to a boss as you may never know (especially if you stay in the industry) when you may meet them again and you may need something like a job

get bent dude and let us enjoy this thread.

here's my one: back when video stores were still a thing I worked in a busy one, not in Ireland. A new store manager came in, cut the male workers hours and hired girls and gave them all the hours they wanted, especially if they wanted day shifts as he worked days and could droll over them to his hearts desire. he was a right little worm.

he opened the store every Saturday morning and first thing he would do was go through all the tapes from the overnight return box accessed via a wee mailslot type door at the front of the store to see if they were rewound, right tape inside etc.

me and my colleague quit due to the lack of hours but remained drinking buddies and on consecutive Friday nights we got locked and took turns urinating through the little door and all over the tapes he would be handling first thing Saturday morning.

The Little Mermaid video cover has to be up there, though according to snopes it wasn't a disgruntled employee. But I just don't think any artist could draw that by accident. It was at least a prank, and the guy claimed it was accidental to protect himself from a lawsuit/ruined reputation.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/phallus-purposely-added-artwork-little-mermaid-vhs-cover/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

A friend of mine put an advert in buy and sell with his boss's number for a playstation with 6 games and all the extras for around 3/4s of the recommended retail price, this was at a time when the playstation had only been released a couple of months and was a very much sought-after thing, it was also just coming up to Christmas as well. The guy was still getting phone calls 6 months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Back when the recession started my employers introduced a pay freeze, cancelled the Christmas party and decided that the asbestos roof which was falling apart would not be replaced. Instead they decided we could wear masks when we had to remove parts that had broken away.

A few weeks later we found out that they had given themselves a pay rise, had gone to London for a Christmas party and decided that a bonus for themselves would be nice.

Guess how surprised they were when the EPA turned up one day, on foot of anonymous phonecall, and demanded immediate work to get rid of the asbestos. Cost €500,000 to remove it, another 300,000 to install a new roof and heating system and a hefty fine.

get bent dude and let us enjoy this thread.

here's my one: back when video stores were still a thing I worked in a busy one, not in Ireland. A new store manager came in, cut the male workers hours and hired girls and gave them all the hours they wanted, especially if they wanted day shifts as he worked days and could droll over them to his hearts desire. he was a right little worm.

he opened the store every Saturday morning and first thing he would do was go through all the tapes from the overnight return box accessed via a wee mailslot type door at the front of the store to see if they were rewound, right tape inside etc.

me and my colleague quit due to the lack of hours but remained drinking buddies and on consecutive Friday nights we got locked and took turns urinating through the little door and all over the tapes he would be handling first thing Saturday morning.

Unless told by a mod no. As this is a public forum I will give my opinion. You seem to get angry quickly

Unless told by a mod no. As this is a public forum I will give my opinion. You seem to get angry quickly

well boss suit yourself but your opinion was just you on your high horse being judgemental about the whole basis of the thread and not adding anything that anyone who would click on this thread would be interested in. no funny story about a bit of devilment, just scolding. do you seriously think anyone who is reading this thread wanted to hear that crap?

if there was a thread about 'best holiday you ever had', would you go in and say you lot should be ashamed for taking time off work and enjoying yourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Owryan wrote: »
    Back when the recession started my employers introduced a pay freeze, cancelled the Christmas party and decided that the asbestos roof which was falling apart would not be replaced. Instead they decided we could wear masks when we had to remove parts that had broken away.

A few weeks later we found out that they had given themselves a pay rise, had gone to London for a Christmas party and decided that a bonus for themselves would be nice.

Guess how surprised they were when the EPA turned up one day, on foot of anonymous phonecall, and demanded immediate work to get rid of the asbestos. Cost €500,000 to remove it, another 300,000 to install a new roof and heating system and a hefty fine.

That’s outrageous, those employers are just scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Well, you'd just have to weigh up all the pros and cons there. Everyone is different. For some it doesn't really bother them or they're too scared to do/say anything. For my own mental health I'd relish confronting them outside of the workplace environment -- they're not so brave then without their badges.

Well, you'd just have to weigh up all the pros and cons there. Everyone is different. For some it doesn't really bother them or they're too scared to do/say anything. For my own mental health I'd relish confronting them outside of the workplace environment -- they're not so brave then without their badges.

Fair enough as you say everyone is different. As you say some need to let them know what they have done and really I have no problem. There are pro and cons and if a supervisor/boss was so bad I doubt you would want to work with them again.

I suppose I am lucky I only had 1 bad person I worked with but it was not a boss or supervisor. I do think some of the posts on here were not great such as giving someone weed and ruining an icecream invetory. The first post on the thread I responded to was I saw I how real flowers can effect people.

That’s outrageous, those employers are just scum.

Agree

well boss suit yourself but your opinion was just you on your high horse being judgemental about the whole basis of the thread and not adding anything that anyone who would click on this thread would be interested in. no funny story about a bit of devilment, just scolding. do you seriously think anyone who is reading this thread wanted to hear that crap?

if there was a thread about 'best holiday you ever had', would you go in and say you lot should be ashamed for taking time off work and enjoying yourselves?

I responded to 3. 1 about real flowers and plants as I see the effect it can have on people, 2 someone been given weed and thinking he was having a heart attack as he could have an accident when panicking and the 1 you took issue with which I did not believe them. I also give an opinion why I would never do it. You make it sound as if I was giving out to all posts.

As for a thread on holidays I be jealous of there holiday. You seem to think I am some boss who things everyone should work all the time I am far far from that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Fair enough as you say everyone is different. As you say some need to let them know what they have done and really I have no problem. There are pro and cons and if a supervisor/boss was so bad I doubt you would want to work with them again.

I suppose I am lucky I only had 1 bad person I worked with but it was not a boss or supervisor. I do think some of the posts on here were not great such as giving someone weed and ruining an icecream invetory. The first post on the thread I responded to was I saw I how real flowers can effect people.

Giving an unsuspecting person weed (particularly the strong stuff) is just asking for (legal) trouble and the reason we need emergency services.

• Advertisement
Advertisement