Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good place to buy a few laying hens in the south east ?

Crowd from Cork call to Kilkenny mart every week think it's on a Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Kehoes poultry farm new ross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

If ya were closer I’d give ya a few for nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just after an inspection, tags and cross compliance. All grand except one cow with both tags missing but is freezebranded and a few missing one tag. I must order a few tags for cows missing half a tag again and keep them spare for when they're lost.

I got given out to for not having a yard scraped but I would normally scrape it after lunch and he laughed when I told him that.

More fecking tags to order now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

If ya were closer I’d give ya a few for nothing!

Is it still possible to get “rescue hens” ? Aunt got them but she’s in Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

If they’re trained to do that I’d say they would be very expensive and hard to get your hands on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Yes you can but they can/do come with problems and bullying (each other) is the most common as well as not knowing how to roost. Here is a link to their website and they have a facebook page too. At this time of year they would need a heat lamp until their feathers grow back.
    http://littlehillanimalrescue.ie/?page_id=687

Base price wrote: »
    Yes you can but they can/do come with problems and bullying (each other) is the most common as well as not knowing how to roost. Here is a link to their website and they have a facebook page too. At this time of year they would need a heat lamp until their feathers grow back.
    http://littlehillanimalrescue.ie/?page_id=687
    There's a bit more about them on the Smallholder forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057929061

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

I’m in Meath aswell. Dunno about rescue hens tbh, we just have surplus.
    It’s not a hape of Rhode Islands either. Silkies and polish and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

So my dads doing a lot better....and the knifes gone from the bobcat again....
    He Denies all knowledge.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

L1985 wrote: »
    So my dads doing a lot better....and the knifes gone from the bobcat again....
    He Denies all knowledge.....

Standard answer around her: "It is around somewhere". He says it so assuredly as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Apparent drone sighting at Heathrow Airport...

"Someone must have moved it". Me and him are the only someone's in the bobcat!! Ah it's actually great to see him back in it as he loves driving and has a big smile on his face going along. I'll just hide the knife in my coat again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Apparent drone sighting at Heathrow Airport...

That's sooooo old news

:P

"Someone must have moved it". Me and him are the only someone's in the bobcat!! Ah it's actually great to see him back in it as he loves driving and has a big smile on his face going along. I'll just hide the knife in my coat again!

Why not carry it with you

Reggie. wrote: »
    That's sooooo old news

:P

Only got a chance to read some news there, busy.

I thought I'd post this to remind folks about the opening periods for slurry. There's a bit about the response to N as well.
    https://twitter.com/EOEGAN/status/1082684287869177856?s=19

Why not carry it with you

Because I was using a knife...not a Stanley knife...and carrying an open knife in your pocket is supposed to be a bad idea lol. Also I relaxed over the last couple of weeks and forgot what dad is like!!! I'll have to start using the Stanley again!!

Because I was using a knife...not a Stanley knife...and carrying an open knife in your pocket is supposed to be a bad idea lol. Also I relaxed over the last couple of weeks and forgot what dad is like!!! I'll have to start using the Stanley again!!

I carry a foldable knife with me all the time. Shocking handy and no danger of stabbing myself

Only got a chance to read some news there, busy.

Tell someone who would believe ya :P

• Advertisement

Tell someone who would believe ya :P

Going for the 20000 posts tonight, are ya?

Going for the 20000 posts tonight, are ya?

Nope but trust you to notice my count :D

Nope but trust you to notice my count :D

Always try yo be a few thousand behind ya

Always try yo be a few thousand behind ya

Ya just have to go to AH. Get a good couple of hundred posts there a day. Depending on how bitchy your feeling :D

Vegans getting plenty of publicity recently

Vegans getting plenty of publicity recently
    I had to turn if off otherwise the remote would have gone sailing towards the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

I had to turn if off otherwise the remote would have gone sailing towards the telly.

I’m the same, such nonsense.

I turned it off before the programme started.

I turned it off before the programme started.
    I didn't know it was on and just turned on the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

The vegan society are well drilled, communicate well, plenty funding and are focusing on the 13 - ~30 ish group. I’ve no problem with vegans but god help me it’s all the other shyte they attach to it. They unfortunately are just another threat to the beef industry and reflect just how removed most people are from where their food comes from.

The comment that all farmers can grow crops is laughable given we have ground that you’d struggle to put a pigtail into the ground:D

I would have liked to see the vegans being challenged on their food miles etc, where the funding comes from, etc etc.........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I carry a foldable knife with me all the time. Shocking handy and no danger of stabbing myself

+1 on the above. I have a varied supply of folding knives, be they Stanley or a more traditional "pen knife". There left in whatever trousers I'm wearing and in all the vehicle's. When combined with some baler twine it amazing what can be accomplished if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    The vegan society are well drilled, communicate well, plenty funding and are focusing on the 13 - ~30 ish group. I’ve no problem with vegans but god help me it’s all the other shyte they attach to it. They unfortunately are just another threat to the beef industry and reflect just how removed most people are from where their food comes from.

The comment that all farmers can grow crops is laughable given we have ground that you’d struggle to put a pigtail into the ground:D

I would have liked to see the vegans being challenged on their food miles etc, where the funding comes from, etc etc.........

Fun fact of the day is tourism is responsible for nearly 8% of greenhouse gas emmissions globally with it predicted to grow at a rate of 5% annually, agricultural worldwide is estimated at 10-12% without taking into account what carbon it takes out, but yeah it’s ourselves that’s the standout problem.....
    The sheer hipocrasy of your modern day vegan deriding livestock farming and how it’s destroying the planet while in a lot of cases hopping on a plane a couple of times a year without a after-thought and it’s consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

What the open date for spreading artificial fertiliser?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

What the open date for spreading artificial fertiliser?

It was posted a page or two back here.
    Looking at it there I taught it was a day sooner then it is now.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

13th in zone A anyway

• Advertisement

Mooooo wrote: »
    13th in zone A anyway
    And 16th in zone B.

Or midnight on the 15th. I may have to spread a load or two that night with storage tight atm.

And 16th in zone B.

Or midnight on the 15th. I may have to spread a load or two that night with storage tight atm.

My birthday is always a **** day :)

My birthday is always a **** day :)
    Happy Spreadingday:pac:

Happy Spreadingday:pac:

Ye. Guess what I'll be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Mooooo wrote: »
    13th in zone A anyway

I've seen a 2 guys that i follow on Twitter posting pics and saying they are horsing out urea. I was think wtf are you doing, if you are spreading, don't put it up on social media

• Advertisement

I've seen a 2 guys tgat i follow on Twitter posting pics and saying they are horsing out urea. I was think wtf are you doing, if you are spreading, don't put it up on social media

Ah big men, gob****es

Ye. Guess what I'll be at?
    I'll be careful and say going to the Brighton game:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I've seen a 2 guys that i follow on Twitter posting pics and saying they are horsing out urea. I was think wtf are you doing, if you are spreading, don't put it up on social media

It's like giving the fingers to the department, they'll put everyone in the soup if the pics get to brussels

I'll be careful and say going to the Brighton game:p

Going to Liverpool alright but game is away. Shopping trip with daughter.... Her birthday is the day before mine. January is a month of birthdays here. Had a niece born yesterday too...

Going to Liverpool alright but game is away. Shopping trip with daughter.... Her birthday is the day before mine. January is a month of birthdays here. Had a niece born yesterday too...
    January, best month of the year:)

January, best month of the year:)

Aye thankfully nothing after that for a few months. A chance to recover. December is crazy too

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Ah, the chart I looked at shows the dates the ban on spreading starts and ends. So it ends the day before.

Don't heed me. Still not right from Christmas.

Aye thankfully nothing after that for a few months. A chance to recover. December is crazy too

Ours are fairly spread out over the year thankfully.
    Enjoy your trip, this is my first time not making a match in a long time. I love the shopping around the city center around Christmas and a good root around a few bookshops for a few hours. I might manage a trip in May thought...:;):

Ours are fairly spread out over the year thankfully.
    Enjoy your trip, this is my first time not making a match in a long time. I love the shopping around the city center around Christmas and a good root around a few bookshops for a few hours. I might manage a trip in May thought...:;):

Booked Huddersfield game for end of April. Might need a break by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Oh sweet Jesus
    The calor housewife of the year 1994 on goggle box virgin media one :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement