Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Have to say I’m livid over this response!!

It’s easy to see where the blue shirt government will look to reduce the countries carbon issues.

https://jrnl.ie/4439191

What a poorly thought out answer smearing one of the countries largest industries, employers and exports sector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

marathon wrote: »
    Would a chipper take the big ones or would they see it as too much work cutting them up??

I wouldnt plan on it. Unless you could provide bags no more than a few kgs of chips to them. A lot of them just use bought in chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

_Brian wrote: »

It’s easy to see where the blue shirt government will look to reduce the countries carbon issues.

What a poorly thought out answer smearing one of the countries largest industries, employers and exports sector.

Oh FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

emaherx wrote: »
    Oh FFS!
    In fairness, does anybody outside the M50 take much notice of what they say about anything?

There's local and European elections this year so the result of those are definitely going to impact on any decision being made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

sweet jesus, he really can be some ape in his constant quest to be in vogue and down with the kids.

• Advertisement

In fairness, does anybody outside the M50 take much notice of what they say about anything?

There's local and European elections this year so the result of those are definitely going to impact on any decision being made.

With more than half the population on the catchment area you described its enough.

It’s not the right position for a government leader to be taking to specially identify an industry as a target for people to use for carbon emissions reduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I thought there was already a carbon tax on coal, etc?
    I know hardware/fuel supply type places near the border keep very little on the premises.
    You can pay in the South, and pick it up across the border from an "auxillary" yard, or have it delivered.
    (No carbon tax in the North)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

With more than half the population on the catchment area you described its enough.

It’s not the right position for a government leader to be taking to specially identify an industry as a target for people to use for carbon emissions reduction.

Would you blame the fool for coming out with a statement like that when he's bombarded by vegan propaganda on the way to work, in the gym, on the radio, online, and the hip young rebellious folk and most likely his personal trainer?

We really are an impressionable little nation ready to turn turncoat for whereever the easiest money comes from. All clouded over by a "protect the planet" message.

Meanwhile in Canada which Leo is supposed to be looking towards as a leader in active climate sustainability.
    https://www.feednavigator.com/Article/2017/08/29/Canada-to-invest-1.75m-in-feeding-study-to-reduce-GHG-improve-cattle-production

Call me paranoid but that would never be investigated or implemented here as seemingly the vegan billionaire club have got their tentacles on our Taoiseach now.

Bring back Phil Hogan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

All the bollix had to say was even to eat and buy local and Irish produce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    sweet jesus, he really can be some ape in his constant quest to be in vogue and down with the kids.

He is a serious dope. He's a horrible person and has some serious ego to boot. Hate doing anything with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,858 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    He is a serious dope. He's a horrible person and has some serious ego to boot. Hate doing anything with him.

What would you normally be doing with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭The Rabbi

whelan2 wrote: »

A gentleman never tells.

Our unit works closely with government officials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Sadly lots will go out & vote for the person down the road or the party their ancestors supported

Brexit & Trump won cos people were sick of the status quo & wanted to give a scare

We need to do something to show we’re not happy, maybe like Brewster with None of the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Leo is a smug D4 type who has little experience of the real world. All soundbytes and virtue signalling. If he actually had some insight into the issue he would instruct semi-states like BNM and Coillte to restore natural habitats like bogs and native woodland which would be far more usefull in terms of the Carbon issue etc. instead of attacking struggling suckler farmers or causing energy poverty via carbon taxes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/farmers-awarded-1m-to-aid-in-preservation-of-historic-site-432850

Sounds like a great project and we need to see more CAP funds go to such things instead of subsidizing the profits of Larry et al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Ireland’s waste/clean up on rte 1 should be interesting viewing. It’s on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I've had the 'pleasure' of vegans on various social media going on about babies being seperated from their mothers for over a decade
    Its nothing new to them
    My answer is blunt,if you're that fúckin purist,go suck on your mother's boobs and see what she says

Yer one SHiggins was on Tipp FM being interviewed and withering on about babies(calves) being taken away from their mothers at birth. When the interviewer pointed out this does not happen to all cattle she then proceded to go on a rant that this was even worse as they were older and could understand more what was happening and then compared it to the human family relationships etc

Has she any idea whatsoever about wild bovines or herd behaviour where the cows chase calves when weaned and young bulls are driven out by their da's. With his daughters being inseminated without regard for any human niceties.

For a psychologist she engages in pure projection about animals and comparing them directly to humans. Pure ****ing bull****

A new product that ticks all the boxes.
    The hip young college educated things can't get enough of this stuff!

https://twitter.com/justinfastert/status/1084819116052152320?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

Vegetarian fed chicken milk?
    Seems legit.........

• Advertisement

Seems legit.........

You left out Organic.

Seems legit.........

Wonder whats the price comparison to plain old boring normal milk not from chickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Is it true soya, almond etc milk have only a tiny amount of the said ingredient instead laced with substitutes. . Bro tests milk for the department and says goats and cows are the best value, people are getting conned on the alternatives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

A new product that ticks all the boxes.
    The hip young college educated things can't get enough of this stuff!

https://twitter.com/justinfastert/status/1084819116052152320?s=20

I never knew you could milk a chicken?

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Is it true soya, almond etc milk have only a tiny amount of the said ingredient instead laced with substitutes. . Bro tests milk for the department and says goats and cows are the best value, people are getting conned on the alternatives

Emulsifiers, Sweetners, Thickners, Synthetic minerals, added protein and flavouring.

Emulsifiers, Sweetners, Thickners, Synthetic minerals, added protein and flavouring.

I go to slimming World, up until Christmas we were allowed a litre of the alpro soya milk a day or 330 mls of the pink low fat milk. Now it's 330mls of soya milk due to the sweeteners etc in it and extra of the pink milk

I go to slimming World, up until Christmas we were allowed a litre of the alpro soya milk a day or 330 mls of the pink low fat milk. Now it's 330mls of soya milk due to the sweeteners etc in it and extra of the pink milk

It just shows how far the "dietician experts" really went up their own hole.

I've had that conversation with extended family members bemoaning the use of whole milk on the farm here when the advice they got was to use low fat and even limit it.
    The funny thing is anyone on the whole milk here are as thin as a bean with strength to go with it and living past their 80's and the one's giving the advice to go low fat are fairly plump and breathless.

It just shows how far the "dietician experts" really went up their own hole.

I've had that conversation with extended family members bemoaning the use of whole milk on the farm here when the advice they got was to use low fat and even limit it.
    The funny thing is anyone on the whole milk here are as thin as a bean with strength to go with it and living past their 80's and the one's giving the advice to go low fat are fairly plump and breathless.

You won't find state registered dieticians recommending crap like that..

your into the realm of the folk who have at best completed a 10 hour "nutrition" course and don't know their arse from their elbow.

its a "soy based drink", no such thing as soy milk exists.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't classify that as "Journalism" per say, just an opinion piece cobbled together to sell to an Editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

anyone using Zurich for Farm Insurance

just got a quote off them for all policies which is nearly half of what FBD are charging me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

just got a quote off them for all policies which is nearly half of what FBD are charging me

I'm with them two years now and no complaints.

I imagine like all insurance companies, you're fully covered until you have to make a claim. Just be sure you're happy with the level of cover you have on buildings, I forget now the valuation figure per foot they put on buildings and slats to be fully covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Wtf is 'pink milk' :confused:

The 1% stuff comes in a pink carton .....
    You know, like Barbie dolls and Princess dresses and County tops in the GAA, so that the women will know to buy it.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

gozunda wrote: »
    Wtf is 'pink milk' :confused:

The stuff that's basicly water

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    The stuff that's basicly water

Ye when you drink real milk after you really know the difference

Myself and daughter were on the Anfield stadium tour on Saturday. The guide asked is there anyone here from outside the UK? I said we are from Ireland. He said that's in the UK, anyone else.... I was just about to say something and I got a kick. Do they really not have a clue or what?

Myself and daughter were on the Anfield stadium tour on Saturday. The guide asked is there anyone here from outside the UK? I said we are from Ireland. He said that's in the UK, anyone else.... I was just about to say something and I got a kick. Do they really not have a clue or what?

Partly don’t know amd mostly don’t want to know.

By jaysus I would have educated him

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Was just searching the price of a jfc meal bin there, I see meal bin/silos have been added to tams for anyone that might be interested. Unfortunately doesn't cover my wee 750kg meal bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

How much is a JFC bin now??

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Around the 350. More then I thought.
    Looking at the idea of one now because we must have about 1000 meal bags around the place. Not many places selling bulk of the feed we use around use though.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

I keep a few keep purebred simmentals and normally cross to them to a CH.

However I have one bull weanling of KEZ (sim bull) out of one of my pure bred sim cows.

Would he be worth possible more as a pure bred non reg bull to someone in a private sale possibly?

Or would I be a well running him through the weanling ring as normal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

josephsoap wrote: »
    I keep a few keep purebred simmentals and normally cross to them to a CH.

However I have one bull weanling of KEZ (sim bull) out of one of my pure bred sim cows.

Would he be worth possible more as a pure bred non reg bull to someone in a private sale possibly?

Or would I be a well running him through the weanling ring as normal ?

Stick him up on dd and you'd never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Could try both, advertise him & his breeding on DD and say he'll be sold at X mart on such a date. If it only brings two bidders that fancy him it'll be worth the ad price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

tanko wrote: »
    How much is a JFC bin now??

€270 yellow lid bin. €300 black bin. Aurivo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Try Axa too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Has anyone seen a new conor megamix 6000 gearbox lying in any shop lately? Tooth broke on a gear today. Conor cant supply the gearbox until 1st week of February. The gear is a third of the price of a new gearbox so if a new gearbox can be found, it'll be put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Has anyone seen a new conor megamix 6000 gearbox lying in any shop lately? Tooth broke on a gear today. Conor cant supply the gearbox until 1st week of February. The gear is a third of the price of a new gearbox so if a new gearbox can be found, it'll be put in.

give DH machinery in Gort a ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

It'll be a 3rd party 90 degree gearbox with most likely Waltherscheid or bandioli paveisi, you should find a stamp or plate on the casing of the gearbox if you can strip it out as you'll need to know the input-output ratio.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement