Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I'll have to be rolled out of here!

I'm on the blackcurrant drinks here :( enjoy your meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We will all miss getting goods from the UK so cheaply if Brexit goes badly...

Had a delivery today from the UK, 5KG package, took 4 days and cost me €6.50.
    I ship packs out here within Ireland A2 800g packs cost €9.50 and takes 3 days. I called with one to the local DPD and they wanted €23 to overnight it..

I can get a 100kg euro pallet shipped from a company in the UK I've bought from and it cost £17 stg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

_Brian wrote: »
    We will all miss getting goods from the UK so cheaply if Brexit goes badly...

Had a delivery today from the UK, 5KG package, took 4 days and cost me €6.50.
    I ship packs out here within Ireland A2 800g packs cost €9.50 and takes 3 days. I called with one to the local DPD and they wanted €23 to overnight it..

I can get a 100kg euro pallet shipped from a company in the UK I've bought from and it cost £17 stg

It will be the new excuse to jack up prices. Brexit will add some costs, but expect it to be a free for all on price increases. Unless you’re supplying, then it will be poor mouth about costs of Brexit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

See a boardsie showing off their tattoos in the comic... and I don’t mean pedigree tattoos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

See a boardsie showing off their tattoos in the comic... and I don’t mean pedigree tattoos

Them oul crossbred tattoos are never as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

The animal husbandy skills on display in the Lebanon and Turkey etc on TG4 really are something to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

tanko wrote: »
    The animal husbandy skills on display in the Lebanon and Turkey etc on TG4 really are something to behold.

Just caught the last 15 mins. Horrendous stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Calving camera be handy now:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Never feels bad if all goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

well did you fair out ok?

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    well did you fair out ok?

Fine. Just having to get up in the middle of the nite is a fair pain.:)

Fine. Just having to get up in the middle of the nite is a fair pain.:)

Wait until you have kids

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

whelan2 wrote: »
    Wait until you have kids

I had never know proper tiredness untill i had kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

I'm getting new electrics put in in the summer so thn I'll be able to put in the calving camera. I honestly can't wait as getting out of my nice cosy bed st 4am is getting old v fast! And no I don't have kids so I don't think I know that tiredness but I'm a Demon when I'm sleep deprived so god help anyone around me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

L1985 wrote: »
    I'm getting new electrics put in in the summer so thn I'll be able to put in the calving camera. I honestly can't wait as getting out of my nice cosy bed st 4am is getting old v fast! And no I don't have kids so I don't think I know that tiredness but I'm a Demon when I'm sleep deprived so god help anyone around me!!

It’s one thing getting out of bed. It’s another to get dressed and go out. Once that happens you’re 100% awake

• Advertisement

It’s one thing getting out of bed. It’s another to get dressed and go out. Once that happens you’re 100% awake

Waterproofs put on over my pyjamas when going out. Then fall back into bed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Waterproofs put on over my pyjamas when going out. Then fall back into bed...

Overalls and all?

Reggie. wrote: »
    Overalls and all?

Just calved a cow there, was in my good clothes. She did a fart or something near the end and destroyed my clothes ffs. Blood and ****. Hope the washing machine does its job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Just calved a cow there, was in my good clothes. She did a fart or something near the end and destroyed my clothes ffs. Blood and ****. Hope the washing machine does its job.

Been there .. just when you think you did well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

https://jrnl.ie/4459982
    Gotta love the line 'garda issued wellies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

ganmo wrote: »
    https://jrnl.ie/4459982
    Gotta love the line 'garda issued wellies :D

Makers of the Film ' The Field'
    present the sequel - 'The Wall'

Staring Liam Neeson and Brendan Gleeson & etc

:D

gozunda wrote: »
    Makers of the Film ' The Field'
    present the sequel - 'The Wall'

Staring Liam Neeson and Brendan Gleeson & etc

:D

Brian and Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

I've three ladies ready to go and only two calving pens...two of their pins seem down(finally getting a bit of a handle on that) and the third cow is the lady with the prolapse....I think it's going to be like musical chairs at 4this morning!!! All seasoned calvers thou so should be ok. I just throw the waterproofs over the pjs as well-thank god for my hot water bottle! I don't know how ye dairy men calving your insane numbers manage it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

L1985 wrote: »
    I've three ladies ready to go and only two calving pens...two of their pins seem down(finally getting a bit of a handle on that) and the third cow is the lady with the prolapse....I think it's going to be like musical chairs at 4this morning!!! All seasoned calvers thou so should be ok. I just throw the waterproofs over the pjs as well-thank god for my hot water bottle! I don't know how ye dairy men calving your insane numbers manage it.

More farmers beside me are using the moo call, some with cameras, they seem to be getting more sleep and picking up problem cases earlier.

I had never know proper tiredness untill i had kids.

Just visited my new niece. You forget how reliant they are on you for everything and so small. Anyway she sleeps all day and awake all night.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Somone lost a bale of silage down the road from us, bang in the middle of the road on a bad bend. I went down and moved it out the way but you can see why secure loads are important. Anyone hit that in a car and twud be good night Irene

Mooooo wrote: »
    Somone lost a bale of silage down the road from us, bang in the middle of the road on a bad bend. I went down and moved it out the way but you can see why secure loads are important. Anyone hit that in a car and twud be good night Irene

Providing a service and a bale to boot. Win win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Mooooo wrote: »

Well if Irene would only slow down going around those corners, they'd be nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The last of the "Tractor men".
    Funeral locally today as the last of the old characters were laid to rest in his 90th year.
    Jimmy never drove a car, relying on a 135 for transport this last 30 years.
    Having worked as a youngster on farms in Scotland, he was injured with a potato digger and walked with a limp ever since.
    The last of the old breed who never allowed themselves any bit of comfort or ease, hopefully having it handier now.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Funeral locally today as the last of the old characters were laid to rest in his 90th year.
    Having worked as a youngster on farms in Scotland, he was injured with a potato digger and walked with a limp ever since.
    The last of the old breed who never allowed themselves any bit of comfort or ease, hopefully having it handier now.

We had one too during the week in his 94th year. Driving up until 6 months ago. As bright as a button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

There's two separate bachelor's near me at home, never drove cars, just tractors. One even has the open fire yet, so we drop down all the knotty tree trunks we can't split & he gets great burning from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

We had one too during the week in his 94th year. Driving up until 6 months ago. As bright as a button.

Had one of those lads here’s too, drove a leyland to and from the shops and mass, he’s gone a few years. A far simpler life, lot to be said for it.

Well if Irene would only slow down going around those corners, they'd be nothing to worry about.

Irene is doing well on winning streak

Saturday night challenge, can you swing one arm forwards and one arm backwards at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Saturday night challenge, can you swing one arm forwards and one arm backwards at the same time?

One for Reggie, there......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Just visited my new niece. You forget how reliant they are on you for everything and so small. Anyway she sleeps all day and awake all night.....

Tis why I'll never have kids unless I marry a Saudi Princess:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Odelay wrote: »
    Had one of those lads here’s too, drove a leyland too and from the shops and mass, he’s gone a few years. A far simpler life, lot to be said for it.

Serious Nostalgia there as that was my first Tractor back in the day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Still two brothers who go to mass on the 135 round our place...
    The poor ****ers wouldn’t know what to do with comfort i’d say... you couldn’t meet nicer people though...

I don’t think they are that old, not 80, but they both look over 100, bent over... They have a hard ould life... :(

One for Reggie, there......

Same as marching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Just make sure you close the curtains first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It depends on the sport. In athletics and tennis it more or less accepted, if it was soccer you can not move anything as it is a free

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Tis why I'll never have kids unless I marry a Saudi Princess:D;)

Here's some helpful advice on parenting:D
    https://twitter.com/StaLuziaEsteio/status/1089090957209944064?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

My grandfather passed in his 93rd year last week. Only slowed down on the farming at 85 when he realised he was getting too shook for it and was driving till about 90. Was losing his mind a bit for the last 6 months or so but was shook but alert in his last few days.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Cleaning lady bought this bottle of window cleaner recently and I noticed the label yesterday. FFS :mad:

Base price wrote: »
    Cleaning lady bought this bottle of window cleaner recently and I noticed the label yesterday. FFS :mad:

Was she planning on drinking it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Wow on two counts!
    You have a cleaning lady:eek:
    And, of course, there is no other kind of winder cleaner than vegan, just in case you want to lick your windows.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There's loads of that type of stuff appearing now. This is one of my favourites. :D
    WpFz1NI.jpg

I'd say 99% of people wouldn't even notice the vegan free comment on it

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

KatyMac wrote: »
    Wow on two counts!
    You have a cleaning lady:eek:
    And, of course, there is no other kind of winder cleaner than vegan, just in case you want to lick your windows.:confused:

Whats wrong with licking (your neighbours) windows :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

serves you right with your cleaner lady,
    #Notions😉😉😉

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement