Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

wrangler wrote: »
    I got my dog home this afternoon. It'll cost over €500 before he's finished, Vit k tablets are €2 and she has to get 4/day for three weeks,
    Transfusion €100, sedating the blood donor €50 blah blah etc.
    and I never needed her less.
    She's ten year old....I suppose I owe it to her.
    Above all things dogs have never cost a penny here apart from food

€100 for the transfusion and you supplied the blood donor yourself?? I’d be livid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I got my dog home this afternoon. It'll cost over €500 before he's finished, Vit k tablets are €2 and she has to get 4/day for three weeks,

If you had pet insurance I wonder would that cover it? Anyone know what price pet insurance is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Odelay wrote: »
    €100 for the transfusion and you supplied the blood donor yourself?? I’d be livid.

It's a different economy in the pet vets, it was the town branch of my vets practise..... unreal prices for dog food,worm dose etc, definitely a different economy, he has a branch in Tullamore and Portarlington,
    but he's very reasonable for farm animals in his out of town practise, you'd never see him or the other farm animal vets in with the pets

whelan2 wrote: »
    If you had pet insurance I wonder would that cover it? Anyone know what price pet insurance is?

I suppose that's what it's for, but I wouldn't have spent thousands on her, some owners would, hence the need for insurance, sure pets get hip replacements and all now

I suppose that's what it's for, but I wouldn't have spent thousands on her, some owners would, hence the need for insurance, sure pets get hip replacements and all now

We had a pup broke his leg last year, was going to be 300 euro to operate on him and then whatever extra costs. They couldn't guarantee he'd be OK after the operation. Was 30 euro to get him put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Money well spent. She could tip about in her retirement for another 8 yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I never knew there was a 'Soviet' uprising taking over the creameries of Limerick and Tipperary during 1919.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Soviets

Lots of anniversaries this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I never knew there was a 'Soviet' uprising taking over the creameries of Limerick and Tipperary during 1919.

Cork Gaa took the "Red" and white colour in 1919 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭kk.man

Oh they did...I think they were trying it in carrig on suir too. Churchill was more worried about communism handing over the 26 counties to the free state than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

It's a different economy in the pet vets, it was the town branch of my vets practise..... unreal prices for dog food,worm dose etc, definitely a different economy, he has a branch in Tullamore and Portarlington,
    but he's very reasonable for farm animals in his out of town practise, you'd never see him or the other farm animal vets in with the pets

Brought a ram and a dog to a local vet few years ago, ram had pheumonia, got a jab and a bottle to bring home 25 euros, dog had ear infection, drop in ear, little vile of pour on to neck in case she had mites, a small jab and antibiotics pills to bring home, 106 euros, oh she also put on a very professional looking green jacket to look at the dog. Crazy 🀑🀑🀑

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭alps

Passing the vets last evening and called to drop in a cheque. Large animal staff gone home, so gave the cheque to the receptionist at the small animal desk. Handed the cheque for 1800 and asked her to throw that in the account....before I told her my name, she looked at the cheque and said

"What was the dogs name?

"

If the UK leave the EU will there be a 6 nations take place next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

If the UK leave the EU will there be a 6 nations take place next year?

The 'six' nations might be something newish but the championship itself is around a lot longer then the EU.
    Wales are getting a bit more of a fight then they thaught. Still not over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

MeTheMan wrote: »
    The 'six' nations might be something newish but the championship itself is around a lot longer then the EU.
    Wales are getting a bit more of a fight then they thaught. Still not over yet.

France seem to be doing their best to lose it!!:rolleyes:

Nervous few minutes for the Welsh now. The French played some lovely rugby for the conditions in the first half. They must have money on a loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Birdnuts wrote: »
    France seem to be doing their best to lose it!!:rolleyes:

France have been a shambles in the second half.
    I would have preferred a French win from an Irish point of view.

tanko wrote: »
    France have been a shambles in the second half.
    I would have preferred a French win from an Irish point of view.

Waiting for Wales to go on and win the crown now. ;)

On the rugby theme.

When did the Munster rugby team adopt the red jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

There was a Soviet set up in Co. Leitrim as well, at Arigna coal mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Vegans actively targeting dairy farms in the UK :mad:
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/uk-vegan-campaign-targets-dairy-farmers-437861

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    Vegans actively targeting dairy farms in the UK :mad:
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/uk-vegan-campaign-targets-dairy-farmers-437861

Looked for a few farms I know on the map and they're not on it. Not sure it's that comprehensive. Scotland escaped...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Lovely fresh night out with headlight and dog looking at springers, love this time of year !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ah you were dazzling, admit it.

Big second half needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

They could really do with a try here or a penalty at least.

tanko wrote: »
    They could really do with a try here or a penalty at least.

Everything going wrong today - Ireland are never comfortable as favorites, at least it might cool all that wild talk about being No.1 for the WC

Ah jaysus. That was a soft one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Everything going wrong today - Ireland are never comfortable as favorites, at least it might cool all that wild talk about being No.1 for the WC

Ref has been atrocious englands first yellow was a red he didnt give the second yellow before the last try 2 english knock ons not given a forward pass allowed to give a try. the man that scored it ahead of the kicker.
    and 2 fcuk ups by Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

It was probably closer than the score suggest4d but def an England win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Leo the sjw'er

Leo can eat what he likes, but he needs to be a Taoiseach of all Ireland, not just Dublin - Joe Healy

https://amp.independent.ie/business/farming/news/ifa-news/leo-can-eat-what-he-likes-but-he-needs-to-be-a-taoiseach-of-all-ireland-not-just-dublin-joe-healy-37760815.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭newholland mad

dzer2 wrote: »
    Ref has been atrocious englands first yellow was a red he didnt give the second yellow before the last try 2 english knock ons not given a forward pass allowed to give a try. the man that scored it ahead of the kicker.
    and 2 fcuk ups by Ireland.

Can't blame the ref. First yellow was harsh it was a late tackle only penalty only. Pass wasn't threw forward momentum took it forward but threw back. We were beet because a few key players didn't show up and couldn't cope with the physical English pack. Seen earlier cj played 68 mins with 2 fractures to his cheek bone and a broken eye socket and still was one of the better forwards tough man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭I says

Can't blame the ref. First yellow was harsh it was a late tackle only penalty only. Pass wasn't threw forward momentum took it forward but threw back. We were beet because a few key players didn't show up and couldn't cope with the physical English pack. Seen earlier cj played 68 mins with 2 fractures to his cheek bone and a broken eye socket and still was one of the better forwards tough man

Must have taken a lot of painkillers before the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There's a new app out that gives all the data on vet medicines, withdrawal times and dosage for all approved meds. It's called the APHA Veterinary Datasheet Compendium.
    TutAJ0x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

There's a new app out that gives all the data on vet medicines, withdrawal times and dosage for all approved meds. It's called the APHA Veterinary Datasheet Compendium.
    TutAJ0x.jpg

had a look , but thought it was missing a lot of regular stuff. must check it out again

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭AgriLad

Random question but.. does anyone know if there is / what is the difference between an agri consultant and agri advisor

Anyone's kids doing their mocks? Junior cert ones starting here tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

AgriLad wrote: »
    Random question but.. does anyone know if there is / what is the difference between an agri consultant and agri advisor

Ones private, the other is sponsored by large fertiliser companies ðŸ˜

Experts say 'The Little Ice Age' in Europe was caused by European human diseases.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47063973

AgriLad wrote: »

The term can be used for the same purpose, however I'd suggest we tend to use the terms to describe an agri advisor dealing with the functional day to day management decisions, and the agri consultant deals on the business decisions side, long term management, financing, tax and legal advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Some week that has passed. Before the Christmas, I was successful in an interview for a promotion only to have it appealed this week on the grounds that the head office didn't leave the application submission time open by four more hours so I have to reapply for the position.

The mother told me my older brother plans to plant the farm the next time Glas runs out. The verbal agreement was I would run the farm and have it left to me in her will. Then it was to transfer it to me before she dies- he dragged his heals and the stamp duty bill has gone from 3K to 18K or there abouts- Im too old now for young farm relief. I told her to call him and get him to calf the cows and I would walk away from it no bother and they just pay me for work done since dad got sick.
    As of now- he has backed off but i need to gather cash to move on the transfer before he gets anymore ideas.

Was bolusing cattle today and smashed the face of my newish Fitbit watch- not pleased.

Also today, was putting a battery on the charger and hit the horn of the other brothers anvil and smashed the screen of my newish Iphone through the otterbox cover- even more not pleased.

on top of that the OH is thick with me over i cleaning the kitchen and letting her sleep in this morning- now that one has me confused.

I'm typing this on the laptop through a USB keyboard as the built in one has stopped working.

I should have stayed in bed. At least cattle are sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Some week that has passed. Before the Christmas, I was successful in an interview for a promotion only to have it appealed this week on the grounds that the head office didn't leave the application submission time open by four more hours so I have to reapply for the position.

The mother told me my older brother plans to plant the farm the next time Glas runs out. The verbal agreement was I would run the farm and have it left to me in her will. Then it was to transfer it to me before she dies- he dragged his heals and the stamp duty bill has gone from 3K to 18K or there abouts- Im too old now for young farm relief. I told her to call him and get him to calf the cows and I would walk away from it no bother and they just pay me for work done since dad got sick.
    As of now- he has backed off but i need to gather cash to move on the transfer before he gets anymore ideas.

Was bolusing cattle today and smashed the face of my newish garmin watch- not pleased.

Also today, was putting a battery on the charger and hit the horn of the other brothers anvil and smashed the screen of my newish Iphone through the otterbox cover- even more not pleased.

on top of that the OH is thick with me over i cleaning the kitchen and letting her sleep in this morning- now that one has me confused.

I'm typing this on the laptop through a USB keyboard as the built in one has stopped working.

I should have stayed in bed. At least cattle are sorted.

Sweet jaysus

Reggie. wrote: »
    Sweet jaysus

yeah you've got to laugh. If I don't the promotion the second time around- It will be the most expensive 4 hours of my life. At least its the same application form- my last one was 6,500 words.

The fitbit watch smashing was my fault- I should have left it off but curiosity had me wanting to know my heart rate while doing a job like that.

I couldnt believe the accident with the Iphone. If it was his old anvil i bumped into- it would have been too high to hit the phone.

I was impressed with how well the bolusing went- youtube is great.

yeah you've got to laugh. If I don't the promotion the second time around- It will be the most expensive 4 hours of my life. At least its the same application form- my last one was 6,500 words.

The garmin watch smashing was my fault- I should have left it off but curiosity had me wanting to know my heart rate while doing a job like that.

I couldnt believe the accident with the Iphone. If it was his old anvil i bumped into- it would have been too high to hit the phone.

I was impressed with how well the bolusing went- youtube is great.

What Garmin watch do you have?

What Garmin watch do you have?

sorry- just checked it there- its a fitbit ionic. totally not a garmin.

Experts say 'The Little Ice Age' in Europe was caused by European human diseases.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47063973

Climate "science" is rapidly becoming "junk" science nowadays:rolleyes:. The sensitivity of the earths climate to CO2 has been vastly overestimated. Our climate has been always in a state of flux from the dawn of time. I find self appointed clowns in the media particularly irritating when they ascribe every bout of "bad weather" to "climate change"!!:mad:

• Advertisement

sorry- just checked it there- its a fitbit ionic. totally not a garmin.

Was just wondering as lad here got a polar watch recently supposed to be way more accurate than the Garmin. He gave me his garmin. I seem to get more steps than him each day and I don't run :)

Was just wondering as lad here got a polar watch recently supposed to be way more accurate than the Garmin. He gave me his garmin. I seem to get more steps than him each day and I don't run :)

And the fitbit is a disaster for that. If I forget to take it off driving to work- It adds 2000steps to it.

Im only using it as a guide- I use my phone and mapmyrun to log distance. I have started to do a bit to do a few 10kms over the summer. I needed to start making time for myself and definately have to shed some Kgs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Family messing with inheritance absolutely fries my tits. Know it well, when I was younger.

Yea it's very good , I'm following 'Les miserable'' on BBC as well so I watch The Resistance on Plus one. RTE is notorious for having rubbish endings to any of their productions, for that reason I'm watching Les Miserable, but I got sucked in to the other one so I'm hooked now

What did I tell you guys, very poor conclusion for The Resistance I thought.
    'Les miserable'' finished very good tonight though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

What did I tell you guys, very poor conclusion for The Resistance I thought.
    'Les miserable'' finished very good tonight though

Setting up for the follow-up series on the civil war of say.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement