Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Bullocks wrote: »
    Found this up the field this evening. I presume it's a dear leg. We don't have dear around us but they would be about bout 15 miles a way.
    We had a stray one 2 yrs ago alright but nothing since.
    How do ye think it got there? A fox, dog or bird? Probably a bit heavy for a bird to carry?
    Might be a local hunter that threw it out to his dogs and that's how it came be in our place but there wouldn't be many dear lads around and that bit of land is probably a kilometer from any road
    Was there a price tag on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was there a price tag on it?
    it was very dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Prime time have a piece on beef farming coming up.....seems there is no money in it and we are being robbed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

_Brian wrote: »
    One held him down, other one squeezed him. Tough pair of gals they were at the time and he was a slight slip of a man.

I'd say he was singing high doe after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

There is an awful lot of references to dears and does tonight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Were you long recovering?

4 days later i was 100%. Very small risk of long term pain.
    I have kids so I'm used to long term pain

Many years ago whilst working in a company one of the older male employees got the snip job done. The day before he left work to get the operation done we (female workers) gave him a multi pack of women's cotton knickers to hold his kit in place after the event. He was very appreciative after the fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Well, I got my DNA result back. 100% Irish. :D
    On the plus side I've 221 new cousins.

Good man Patsy, I got one of those kits myself for Christmas and only sent it away 2 weeks ago. We're you long waiting for the result?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Good man Patsy, I got one of those kits myself for Christmas and only sent it away 2 weeks ago. We're you long waiting for the result?

Sent away on 31 Jan. Results back by e-mail on 1st March. So 4 to 5 weeks.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Sent away on 31 Jan. Results back by e-mail on 1st March. So 4 to 5 weeks.
    What does the kit entail and how much does it cost.

• Advertisement

Base price wrote: »
    What does the kit entail and how much does it cost.

€95 to spit in a little container and send it away. I think most Irish people will come back 100% Irish anyway. Different for americans as it is such a melting pot of different backgrounds.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/ireland-dna

€95 to spit in a little container and send it away. I think most Irish people will come back 100% Irish anyway. Different for americans as it is such a melting pot of different backgrounds.

€95 for a hawk :)

On the road home and listing to tunes on the wifi thingie that youngest set up on the laptop via the radio :)
    Pulled over for a break.
    https://youtu.be/3pk3A_QSINI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhhTvcLoRw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWVpcypf0w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

What's 100% Irish though? Does it show more ancient ancestry like Celt/ Viking / Norman etc, or is 100% Irish a blend of the above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

And married

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Went to the Limerick4Engineering event at Shannon Airport yesterday evening. A lot of the major engineering firms from the Shannon region were explaining what they do and a little bit of how to get a job with them.

It really was very impressive. A colleague and I brought 42 students from first year up to leaving certs and they were buzzing after it.

Big difference between reading a company makes stints and having them physically in front of you with a mannequin and the delivery equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭148multi

emaherx wrote: »
    What's 100% Irish though? Does it show more ancient ancestry like Celt/ Viking / Norman etc, or is 100% Irish a blend of the above?

Indo-European
    😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

20190308-094145.jpg

The OH got his done. His people are from Wexford but got the boat from England/ Wales by the look of this! We have some crack asking him does he want Yorkshire pudding with his dinner!.

ABlur wrote: »
    20190308-094145.jpg

The OH got his done. His people are from Wexford but got the boat from England/ Wales by the look of this! We have some crack asking him does he want Yorkshire pudding with his dinner!.

Before I enlarged the attachment I thought you meant he got his jewels done :) Nephew lives in London, he got his dna done at Christmas. 95%irish and 5%scandanavian

• Advertisement

emaherx wrote: »

It's a bit like the Genomic testing for the cattle. :D What they do essentially is match your DNA to other people on their database. It's very scientific, in that they stick to the what they know. They will even give you a confidence level with the other person. Of the 222 I have, 13 are in the USA, one in aussie, 2 in the uk. The rest are all in munster.
    My mother's maiden name and grandmother's maiden name come up a few times in the near relatives. Something that they couln't possibly know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭148multi

It's a bit like the Genomic testing for the cattle. :D What they do essentially is match your DNA to other people on their database. It's very scientific, in that they stick to the what they know. They will even give you a confidence level with the other person. Of the 222 I have, 13 are in the USA, one in aussie, 2 in the uk. The rest are all in munster.
    My mother's maiden name and grandmother's maiden name come up a few times in the near relatives. Something that they couln't possibly know.

Did they give you stars 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

She's normally ok. Didn't open up right though. Was pushing very hard at 2 in the morning and cervix was completely closed and she was pushing out the baren aswell. Called vet thinking it was going to be a section but she had opened a small little bit when he came and he said she might be ok if I left her for a few hours. Still didn't open up 100%but managed to bring the calf anyway, no monster but head kept going back so had to put on a head rope and it took a nice bit of coaxing to bring him. Never came across it before, was doubting myself that I had gone at her way too soon but she was pushing awful hard at the beginning and I couldn't even get a single finger through the cervix. After finding another one with the drone now.

Cow a bit empty after the ordeal but a fine looking team now. Calf up and sucked by itself within an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Happy International Women's Day to all our female members

orm0nd wrote: »

I think they all have New Hollands here.

148multi wrote: »
    Did they give you stars ��

Ya, but only 1 star for docility. They said I was in the bottom 1% of the Irish. I said 'Come over here and say that to my face'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Cow a bit empty after the ordeal but a fine looking team now. Calf up and sucked by itself within an hour.

Fair backend on him, did he get caught at the hips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

tanko wrote: »
    Fair backend on him, did he get caught at the hips?

No no bother once we got the head out.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭AgriLad

https://youtu.be/7mUkOVFiCjA

Very Interesting video about NI dairy farmer moving to Bigger farm in Canada.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Did they tell you they gave the results to the FBI?:P

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

blue5000 wrote: »
    They've caught a few killers by comparing relatives DNA analysis with crime scene DNA and tracing relations back to the suspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Was outside last night and the sky was clear and I spotted something that I initially thought was a star but it was flashing. So I thought it was a plane but it was far too high to be a plane and was moving much faster across the sky and no sound to follow. It moved west to East pretty much. Could it have been the Space Station I wonder? Is it possible to view from earth without a telescope?

:D

blue5000 wrote: »
    They've caught a few killers by comparing relatives DNA analysis with crime scene DNA and tracing relations back to the suspects.

Ya, I was reading that since. Amazing how technology has advanced. All they need is a distant relative and they can zone in from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Parishlad wrote: »
    Was outside last night and the sky was clear and I spotted something that I initially thought was a star but it was flashing. So I thought it was a plane but it was far too high to be a plane and was moving much faster across the sky and no sound to follow. It moved west to East pretty much. Could it have been the Space Station I wonder? Is it possible to view from earth without a telescope?

Definitely easily visible with the naked eye.. I have an app that alerts me when its about.

Few years ago we saw it, plus following directly behind was one of the resupply capsules..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

_Brian wrote: »
    Definitely easily visible with the naked eye.. I have an app that alerts me when its about.

Few years ago we saw it, plus following directly behind was one of the resupply capsules..

The speed it was travelling at was pretty impressive. Thought about calling in a UFO sighting to the Guards for the laugh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ya, I was reading that since. Amazing how technology has advanced. All they need is a distant relative and they can zone in from there.

You must have great confidence in the lack of criminals in your family.

I obviously haven't so no DNA testing here:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

The speed it was travelling at was pretty impressive. Thought about calling in a UFO sighting to the Guards for the laugh! :D

Actually it stays in the same spot. We are the ones that move. Illuminati confirmed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Reggie. wrote: »

You're spending too much time on Twitter

You're spending too much time on Twitter

That was actually wattsapp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »

You could've corrected the spelling too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

AgriLad wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/7mUkOVFiCjA

Very Interesting video about NI dairy farmer moving to Bigger farm in Canada.

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

They wouldn't be famous for their sense of humour, you know......

The space station doesn't have flashing lights though and shines as bright as a star. Even satellites have a constant white light from the sun.

It had to have been a plane's marker lights.

Blame the yanks and their high level spy planes.

If you see a "star" that moves in a straight line and stops and then goes back the other way. Then get worried.

Actually it stays in the same spot. We are the ones that move. Illuminati confirmed!

No it does move.
    It orbits the earth every 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

No it does move.
    It orbits the earth every 90 minutes.

Okay, kind of confusing isnt it

Okay, kind of confusing isnt it

Ah not really. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Ah not really. :p

Conformation that the two of ye are from a different planet

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Conformation that the two of ye are from a different planet

Third rock from the Sun.

• Advertisement

Got a letter today from ulster bank. I had been over charged interest on a sizeable loan I had from 2012 to 2017. I got a cheque enclosed. Enough to pay for most of our summer holiday. Wasn't expecting it. Happy days. Had also got a refund a week or so ago on being overcharged on my overdraft.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement