Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

10YO Daughter has music exam tomorrow.

She’s been practicing her three pieces since last September.

4pm yesterday we got a text that the teacher gave them one piece that was wrong one. Really good teacher, just a bad mistake.

Emergency class this morning and practicing all day.

Be glad when it’s out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Oh jeez, I couldn't thank that.

They're like 3 giant Chucky dolls.

Don't thank me - Thank Beavis and Butthead who introduced me to those scary Primus lads in the early 90's:D

Bit of home made bread for lunch.
    We use both a bread maker and traditional oven recipes. Make bread 3-4 times a week somwe never buy bread anymore.

I like messing about with the recipes adding nuts and seeds and different proportions of flours.

One thing I really think works with kids is home cooking but keeping tweaking the foods about, I think they are more open to new and different foods that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

_Brian wrote: »
    Bit of home made bread for lunch.
    We use both a bread maker and traditional oven recipes. Make bread 3-4 times a week somwe never buy bread anymore.

I like messing about with the recipes adding nuts and seeds and different proportions of flours.

One thing I really think works with kids is home cooking but keeping tweaking the foods about, I think they are more open to new and different foods that way.

Where do ya get the time do ye not both work off farm

naughto wrote: »
    Where do ya get the time do ye not both work off farm

We do but once you get the feel for it it’s quick. My wife is a whiz and has taught me so much about proper simple home cooking.

Have home made soup in the slow cooker for later. Few packs of frozen veg, slow cooker for 6 hrs, hand held blitzer and serve, the amount of potato added dictates how thick the soup is. This has two packs of veg, a mixed medaly and a lentil mix for some protein. The vegans will love me for this dinner. :)

Slow cooker is a boon for busy houses,

Edit: our farm is small, usually 20 bucket reared sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Brian I think you should start an online blog, 'A Farmer Cooks'.
    Plenty chancers at it and you're the real deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

We do but once you get the feel for it it’s quick. My wife is a whiz and has taught me so much about proper simple home cooking.

Have home made soup in the slow cooker for later. Few packs of frozen veg, slow cooker for 6 hrs, hand held blitzer and serve, the amount of potato added dictates how thick the soup is. This has two packs of veg, a mixed medaly and a lentil mix for some protein. The vegans will love me for this dinner. :)

Slow cooker is brilliant. Any idiot (me) can fire a heap of ingredient in and it will come out edible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Your family is what i aspire to be if I ever settle down :D
    Such a fabulous home life, the pig rearing is something I wish i could do but will be a few years yet before i get to it.
    What lucky girls you have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Such a fabulous home life, the pig rearing is something I wish i could do but will be a few years yet before i get to it.

Can't see that happening

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Can't see that happening

Neither can I if I'm honest :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Tie down your kangaroos sports!

Orange wind warning out for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

visatorro wrote: »
    Slow cooker is brilliant. Any idiot (me) can fire a heap of ingredient in and it will come out edible!

Had a close one with my slow cooker, I got the lead caught in between the cooker and the lift out bit. Outer cable was melted when I realised

Ha.
    There a fair bit roaring goes on too ;)

whelan2 wrote: »
    Had a close one with my slow cooker, I got the lead caught in between the cooker and the lift out bit. Outer cable was melted when I realised

Jez that was close.

My family think we’re weird to be honest.
    Youngest is ten and was chatting to my brother who was asking about French campsites as they are thinking of going.

She explained about her favourite campsite because the local village has the best fruit and veg shop that we cycled to, we got odd looks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Looks a mighty job. Can you fill it at say 6 in the morning and have it ready to eat for 6 in the evening? Is there a timer to stop it cooking too much or can it be timed to come on later in the day?
    The wife works 2 days a week here and that would be handy. I usually bring the young lads for pub grub those evenings or cook pork chops if I'm home early enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Neither can I if I'm honest :pac::D

The pigs or the settling?!

visatorro wrote: »
    The pigs or the settling?!

Pigs are far more likely than the settling :D

Bullocks wrote: »
    Looks a mighty job. Can you fill it at say 6 in the morning and have it ready to eat for 6 in the evening? Is there a timer to stop it cooking too much or can it be timed to come on later in the day?
    The wife works 2 days a week here and that would be handy. I usually bring the young lads for pub grub those evenings or cook pork chops if I'm home early enough

There’s no timer.
    Yea that would work fine. I’ve often thrown soup on 11pm for lunch next day, just let it bubble awaynand blitz when required.

We do full chickens, roasts if heef, hams, brazed steaks, chicken curry, bollenese, all sorts.

I have some trotters our by feomnthempigs im going to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

My family think we’re weird to be honest.
    Youngest is ten and was chatting to my brother who was asking about French campsites as they are thinking of going.

She explained about her favourite campsite because the local village has the best fruit and veg shop that we cycled to, we got odd looks !

I wonder why.:D all this homemade bread stuff reminds me of the lad that'd come into school and dip his fancy italian bread into olive oil :confused::p

• Advertisement

I wonder why.:D all this homemade bread stuff reminds me of the lad that'd come into school and dip his fancy italian bread into olive oil :confused::p

We shouldn’t use olive oil here in Ireland.

Rape seed oil is healthy, high burn temp so it’s good for cooking and best of all there’s a company in Donegal growing and pressing it here in Ireland supporting Irish farmers and jobs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Rape seed oil is healthy, high burn temp so it’s good for cooking and best of all there’s a company in Donegal growing and pressing it here in Ireland supporting Irish farmers and jobs !

Brilliant crop to support bees too.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

There’s no timer.
    Yea that would work fine. I’ve often thrown soup on 11pm for lunch next day, just let it bubble awaynand blitz when required.

We do full chickens, roasts if heef, hams, brazed steaks, chicken curry, bollenese, all sorts.

I have some trotters our by feomnthempigs im going to try.

Some people plug it in to a plug in timer. Stew is nice into it too and the glazed ham for St Patrick's day

Some people plug it in to a plug in timer. Stew is nice into it too and the glazed ham for St Patrick's day

I’d never thought of a timer.
    We would usually be eating straight from it so hadn’t felt the need.

Looking at a mincer/sausage maker on Amazon. Like the idea of making our own sausages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Looking at a mincer/sausage maker on Amazon. Like the idea of making our own sausages.

Ah now you’re just showing off:0 head off down to supermacs like a normal family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Bullocks wrote: »
    The reason that they don't have a timer or delayed start is due to food safety - you could have chicken sitting in it for hours (at room temperature) before it starts to cook enabling nasty bacteria to grow and multiply.

Odelay wrote: »
    Ah now you’re just showing off:0 head off down to supermacs like a normal family.

Seriously... I dont think we ever had any chance of being normal biggrin.png

Base price wrote: »
    The reason that they don't have a timer or delayed start is due to food safety - you could have chicken sitting in it for hours (at room temperature) before it starts to cook enabling nasty bacteria to grow and multiply.

The bottom oven of an aga cooker is also like a slow cooker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Good few doing it, Brian.
    Derrycamma in Louth press their own on the farm.

• Advertisement

Good few doing it, Brian.
    Derrycamma in Louth press their own on the farm.

Thats it..
    Grinds my gears to see Irish chefs on TV using olive oil when we have a perfectly suitable alternative here that supports irish an industry and jobs..

If I hear the word brexit or backstop once more I might just crack

If I hear the word brexit or backstop once more I might just crack

Brexit

Brexit

Fook off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

Brexit

Don't be childish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

Backstop!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hard to believe the world wide web is 30 years old today. I think it started out with US army tanks on manoeuvres where all the tank crews needed to know where all the other tanks were on the battlefield.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

blue5000 wrote: »
    Hard to believe the world wide web is 30 years old today. I think it started out with US army tanks on manoeuvres where all the tank crews needed to know where all the other tanks were on the battlefield.

was is not the egg heads under Switzerland in cern that developed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

ganmo wrote: »

Was it to stop the electrons crashing into each other. :rolleyes:

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

blue5000 wrote: »
    No - this ->
    ganmo wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Was it to stop the electrons crashing into each other. :rolleyes:

no so that the egg head's chat wouldn't be scrambled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

When culchies get confused :D
    One talking about GPS and the other talking about WWW.
    Still 2 wonderful developments.

Mmmmmm shiney. I'm going to start doing a whelan on everything :D

ilSfTi6l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

ilSfTi6l.jpg

Best of luck with it, I don't know why they don't put proper hose reels on them,
    Very awkward to roll up those high pressure hoses, even short lengths

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

ilSfTi6l.jpg

Yeah they all say that and it never leaves the shed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You'd want to use that yoke as you are hunting the cattle out of the pen or else forget about it!
    Or else keep for cleaning car and around the house.

Shed has never been washed since it went up here :o:pac: So that's first on the list! Plus a load of concrete around the house which has that slipery slime from trees on it. And the trailer!
    After that I'll just wash what's needed!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

wrangler wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, I don't know why they don't put proper hose reels on them,
    Very awkward to roll up those high pressure hoses, even short lengths

Best of luck with the above, any harm to ask how much? It's on my very long list of things that need adding to my tool collection.

Best of luck with the above, any harm to ask how much? It's on my very long list of things that need adding to my tool collection.

Got it in the sale at Ganlys last week, was 499, down to 349 (apparently)
    Seems to be a decent enough one anyway!

cUV26g4l.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement