Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was just in ferry terminal at holyhead. A few lads from Limerick arrived in looking very sorry for themselves. Going home early from Cheltenham as they lost everything. They were trying to gather the cost of the ferry between them.
    Did you offer 4 of them a seat?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

L1985 wrote: »
    Just want to say-seeing other farmers cattle moves go wrong or trampling fences makes me feel good that it's not just us!! And we aren't the only ones with delinquents!!

those girls have it tough lambing outside, I'm sitting here by the fire looking at my sheep on the telly thinking it's hard work.
    Cameras in the shed are a great job

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Doubled their journey going to holyhead rather than taking the m4.

Boats outta Pembroke and fishguard are fully booked up. Thats why i had to go to Holyhead too

Did you offer 4 of them a seat?:p

No. I don't have time for horsey people. They may paddle their own canoe

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Boats outta Pembroke and fishguard are fully booked up. Thats why i had to go to Holyhead too

Get your car?

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Get your car?

Yeah. Ford Galaxy Titanium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I dont know if you said that on purpose but there was a horse called padleyourowncanoe running today at cheltenham!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

More so horse boxes! If it's a rockin- don't come a knockin :D

At a local hunt meet this year - pulled in to see a stationary jeep moving vertically on its axles - was only on closer inspection revealed that it was attached to a horse box with a rather excited horse!

I dont know if you said that on purpose but there was a horse called padleyourowncanoe running today at cheltenham!:D

Ha ha, no didn't know that at all. Ive no interest (strong dislike) for all things "horsey"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Yeah. Ford Galaxy Titanium

Well may you wear.

ford_galaxy_titanium_x_tdci_automatic_22104383.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Well may you wear.

ford_galaxy_titanium_x_tdci_automatic_22104383.jpg

'Well wear'?

gozunda wrote: »
    'Well wear'?

Thanks.
    Herself wanted a 7 seater when the 3rd child came along. Always a spare child (cousins or neighbours) tagging along with us.

148multi wrote: »
    That could be fatal

5069f776278cf0ae5d76127255218956.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

gozunda wrote: »
    5069f776278cf0ae5d76127255218956.jpg

:pac:

The revolution has started

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Where's the Dept of Ag. One of those animals has no tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ha ha, no didn't know that at all. Ive no interest (strong dislike) for all things "horsey"

I hear you're watching Peppa Pig now Father? ;)

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1106337041015627778?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I hear you're watching Peppa Pig now Father? ;)

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1106337041015627778?s=20

Peppa Pig is alright, especially the Scottish version

Bullocks wrote: »
    Peppa Pig is alright, especially the Scottish version

Peppa McPig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Would I be absolutely totally crackers to put the bull on a heifer to be calving at 21 months? She's a yearling today & in heat for the first time, would still have him for bulling her next time. Easy enough calving % on him, off KZH at 6.3%, dam is CWI at 5.7%.
    Heifer herself is a saler off a pb lim, about 330kg.
    She's set to go for an outfarm in April where she'll be surrounded by bulls, so i'd like to have some decision in the bull choice unlike the one that's due shortly to a ch :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭kk.man

Reggie. wrote: »
    The revolution has started
    The cows are more lethal with greenhouse gases and all 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I'd leave her be. Bull her in 3 months time to a very easy calving bull, circa 3%, and you'll have no worries.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Would I be absolutely totally crackers to put the bull on a heifer to be calving at 21 months? She's a yearling today & in heat for the first time, would still have him for bulling her next time. Easy enough calving % on him, off KZH at 6.3%, dam is CWI at 5.7%.
    She's set to go for an outfarm in April where she'll be surrounded by bulls, so i'd like to have some decision in the bull choice unlike the one that's due shortly to a ch :pac:

Shes very lightbid like another 100 kilos On her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Hard to say without seeing the heifer, is she a framey type or a little butterball? A saler out of a good lm cow, if it was me I'd definitely bull her.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I'd leave her off for longer but it's hard to make a decision without seeing her in the flesh. At 330kg unless she's very storey or your underestimating her then I think she's too light imo. If she's out of a SA nd a LM then she'll probably grow into a big enough cow and I don't think she'd be developed enough for bulling yet.

Looking at her this evening I'm underweighing her a bit, she's a heifer that looks like she'll grow on a bit but not be overly tall. Nice and wide at the hips though. I suppose what's making me think it'd be handier to catch her in 3 weeks is that she's rather flighty & the holding pen in the outfarm isn't the best. I suppose I could leave her off & after 2 or 3 months, bring the easier calving limo bull by THZ up to her. That's provided the neighbours bulls haven't had a go at her by then :D I'm not a fan of injecting where at all possible, think it puts a heifer backwards.

CitgsESl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There's a great stretch in the evenings.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Looking at her this evening I'm underweighing her a bit, she's a heifer that looks like she'll grow on a bit but not be overly tall. Nice and wide at the hips though. I suppose what's making me think it'd be handier to catch her in 3 weeks is that she's rather flighty & the holding pen in the outfarm isn't the best. I suppose I could leave her off & after 2 or 3 months, bring the easier calving limo bull by THZ up to her. That's provided the neighbours bulls haven't had a go at her by then :D I'm not a fan of injecting where at all possible, think it puts a heifer backwards.

CitgsESl.jpg
    She looks about the same as my red SH heifer and I'm in no hurry to ai her yet. I'd prefer to let her grown on a bit and have her calving down over 2yo and in Spring.

CitgsESl.jpg

could you just have AI'D her to something handy if you were worried about the bulls CD?

Is anyone having problems posting on F&F in the last few days. When I quote and reply to posts I get a message saying that the message is too short and please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters :confused:

• Advertisement

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    could you just have AI'D her to something handy if you were worried about the bulls CD?

I'm not worried about our bulls CD, I'm worried about the neighbours bulls who are huuuuge. Though I'll know more when the heifer who got caught last summer calves in a months time.
    Base price wrote: »
    Is anyone having problems posting on F&F in the last few days. When I quote and reply to posts I get a message saying that the message is too short and please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters :confused:

Are you trying to type in the quote part? That's usually the reason for that error report.

I'm not worried about our bulls CD, I'm worried about the neighbours bulls who are huuuuge. Though I'll know more when the heifer who got caught last summer calves in a months time.

Are you trying to type in the quote part? That's usually the reason for that error report.
    No, just quoting a post.
    There could be an issue with my laptop as I downloaded a screenshot but I cannot find it in the library.

No, just quoting a post.
    There could be an issue with my laptop as I downloaded a screenshot but I cannot find it in the library.

Normally if something weird like that is happening, I'd clear cookies/data etc & restart it. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Worth a try though!

Normally if something weird like that is happening, I'd clear cookies/data etc & restart it. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Worth a try though!
    Yeah, it worked. Thanks Kovu :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There's an upgrade undergoing testing on one node atm so that error seems to be connected to that testing if you connect to that node, if I'm understanding the notice correctly.
    Just going back one page and forward again seems to sort it for me?

I find the weather thread here plays up when it goes to a new page, can't see the first new post until a second one is posted iykwim only on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »
    I find the weather thread here plays up when it goes to a new page, can't see the first new post until a second one is posted iykwim only on my phone

Gunthering thread is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

emaherx wrote: »
    Gunthering thread is the same.

Same as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Schmidt out.....!

• Advertisement

Schimdt out.....!

hahaha ya that fella doesn't have a clue!

the errors today tho. Jesus I've never seen so many by this Irish team. they'd still be well in the game if they were doing the basics well. Chris another one out on the full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

It all went wrong from the very start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Grueller

Have a bit of faith lads. Its not possible to peak at that level in both Spring and Autumn. I suspect Schmidt may be prioritising Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Just after seeing the Scotland v England result, what happened there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

tanko wrote: »
    Just after seeing the Scotland v England result, what happened there?

England must've had a few celebration pints at half time,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Some players are going through a bad patch esp 9 & 10. Cian Healy gave away 4 penalties on his own, Joined a ruck, not from the side but at the wrong bloody end. what was going on inside his head.

• Advertisement

Good game on now Dublin and Tyrone

whelan2 wrote: »
    Good game on now Dublin and Tyrone
    C'mon the boys in blue :D

C'mon the boys in blue :D
    Cluxton let in a goal :eek:

Watching Kerry v Mayo on the telly and the conditions are atrocious.

I'm enjoying the Kerry/Mayo game. I hope Mayo wins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement