Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Timmaay wrote: »
    I spend most of last year with a frustrationing hip injury, I'm a competitive enough track runner, it completely knocked me out of that, and made many days on the farm barely bareable (I'd be in bits after 10mins of anything strenuous like herding stock). I went to my gp, got an mri, referred on to a hip consultant, who booked me in for a hip injection, and told me if that doesn't work then come back in 6wks and we'll consider surgery options. By that stage I'd already spent 2grand (I didn't have health care insurance then ugh), and the problem was no better. Long story short I went to a very good local sports physio, who over the space of about 4 weeks helped reduce tightness, and build up the muscles all around the hip area, and now finally after a year I'm back pain free and to where I was a year ago. Like all professions you get good and bad but you got a very shallow outlook there wrangler.

Well done on your 5k the other day btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Odelay wrote: »
    Who was it mentioned someone employed getting six weeks off? I never heard of anyone getting that time off other than teachers. At work at 7am, still replying to emails and hiring employees at this hour, and not so much as a mouse fed, myself included.
    The grass is always greener, but not sure if it is anyways easier to grab hold!
    Think we could all do with a day in each others boots. Not saying either is any easier, both can be tough and disappointing..

Some ppl count unvouched sick leave as holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Who was it mentioned someone employed getting six weeks off? I never heard of anyone getting that time off other than teachers. At work at 7am, still replying to emails and hiring employees at this hour, and not so much as a mouse fed, myself included.
    The grass is always greener, but not sure if it is anyways easier to grab hold!
    Think we could all do with a day in each others boots. Not saying either is any easier, both can be tough and disappointing..

There are some jobs out there that hit around the six weeks leave in general they are state jobs. I think nurses get about 5 weeks now and 3-5 other single days. however they work a lot of bank holidays. In some bigger companies you may hit this however in general it is through maybe having Bank holidays added in. For example maybe 10 days (1.5 weeks) at Christmas from the Christmas eve until the 2nd or 3rd of January. Christmas eve is now a peusdo bank holiday in most companies unless you are in the retail or the pub/resturant trade.

3 weeks during the summer often those that taken in between late July early August incorporating the August Bank holiday. In total you would only have taken 17 days holidays. But were off for 4.5 weeks. If you had 7 days with that it give the impression of 6 weeks holidays even though you have only 24 days

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

There are some jobs out there that hit around the six weeks leave in general they are state jobs. I think nurses get about 5 weeks now and 3-5 other single days. however they work a lot of bank holidays. In some bigger companies you may hit this however in general it is through maybe having Bank holidays added in. For example maybe 10 days (1.5 weeks) at Christmas from the Christmas eve until the 2nd or 3rd of January. Christmas eve is now a peusdo bank holiday in most companies unless you are in the retail or the pub/resturant trade.

3 weeks during the summer often those that taken in between late July early August incorporating the August Bank holiday. In total you would only have taken 17 days holidays. But were off for 4.5 weeks. If you had 7 days with that it give the impression of 6 weeks holidays even though you have only 24 days
    I the army we get roughly 28 to 30 days depending on the amount of service. Only thing is weekends are classed as working days when taking holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Reggie. wrote: »
    I the army we get roughly 28 to 30 days depending on the amount of service. Only thing is weekends are classed as working days when taking holidays

Colin fennelly says yere on holidays all the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I just heard Sean Hartnett on the local radio station giving a taster of his new book "Client Confidential".
    He'd want two eyes on the front and four eyes on his back.
    Interesting life.

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Colin fennelly says yere on holidays all the time!

Ah sure we could learn alot from that fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Speaking of jobs,Wicklow Co Co are advertising for life guards at the moment
    Mon to Friday,40 hrs, €500 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Over the last 2 years get the odd letter from Irish Water stating i could have a potential leak and offering a free first fix. In fairness I do keep meaning to give them a call. Reality is there is no leak as when building the house here the water supply for the home place was running through the site so we took that one and ran the new connection around the site and connected to the pipe running up home. Farmyard is coming off the supply.
    Anyway got a bit of a laugh just now. Came in the door and there is a slip on the floor from Shareridge on behalf of Irish Water.
    "We are in the area investigating for potential leaks under the first fix free scheme"
    Hand written on the top corner "Unable to locate water meter"
    Thought to myself ye'll be a good crowd looking for a leak when ye cant even find the water meter which by the side of the road!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    Well done on your 5k the other day btw

I wouldn't mind but we are fairly sure the course was about 100m long, according to all the garmins ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Speaking of jobs,Wicklow Co Co are advertising for life guards at the moment
    Mon to Friday,40 hrs, €500 a week

I'll be beach body ready in a couple of week - I assume spray tan is a job requirment??;)

Was fencing this morning and the high tensile electric wire sprang up and hit me in the nose. Some dose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Was fencing this morning and the high tensile electric wire sprang up and hit me in the nose. Some dose...

Better the nose than the eye, but yea, a dose.

Lovely moon out tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I came across a few articles today about US farming and the crisis there atm.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-21/catastrophic-flooding-midwest-could-last-months-threatens-us-food-production
    Frightening stuff and little coverage over here about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Lovely moon out tonight
    The vernal/spring equinox. Lovely weather too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Lovely moon out tonight

Can't see 2 feet in front of yourself here with the light, a heavy drizzle /light rain mist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-21/catastrophic-flooding-midwest-could-last-months-threatens-us-food-production

Saw that alright, some dam burst in Nebraska as well I think and the force of it going at once did wreck as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Base price wrote: »
    The vernal/spring equinox. Lovely weather too.

Hopefully some growth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭148multi

British people appear to be taking control of brexit at last.

• Advertisement

148multi wrote: »
    British people appear to be taking control of brexit at last.
    No offence but fook Brexit. I'm sick to the teeth of hearing about it and at this stage I don't care. TBH it sorta reminds me of Maggie's Out Out Out speech.

No offence but fook Brexit. I'm sick to the teeth of hearing about it and at this stage I don't care. TBH it sorta reminds me of Maggie's Out Out Out speech.

Yea.
    I want them out at this stage. Fluck them out on their ear and let them become the basket case they deserve to be. Bunch of self important twats thinking the world revolves around them.

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea.
    I want them out at this stage. Fluck them out on their ear and let them become the basket case they deserve to be. Bunch of self important twats thinking the world revolves around them.

If you think it's bad now, wait till you see here or anywhere else in social or general media if a no deal Brexit happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

So I take it yer sick of hearing about brexit

If you think it's bad now, wait till you see here or anywhere else in social or general media if a no deal Brexit happens.

I really don’t think that’s a likely event. I think they would revoke article 50 at the last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Yea.

What about the empire 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

Makes all of our recent crises seem non-existent.

I really don’t think that’s a likely event. I think they would revoke article 50 at the last minute.

I think that's what May wants but it's a very dangerous game to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

It’s a hard brexit me thinks they can sort themselves out so how can they pass this deal.
    The MPs probably think the only way foward is a hard brexit and hope the eu allows them a better deal the day after that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭148multi

She would have to let the people ask for it rather than lead them to this conclusion or it would be political suicide. And trump stirring the soup don't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

I think she hasn’t a notion what she wants. It’s like watching a train wreck.

. It’s like watching a train wreck.

Yea, it’s great :)

Whelan, how are the bulls that you got banded doing. Was there any issues and did you let them out or keep them indoors. I presume that you had to vaccinate them for blackleg.

I have a 7 FR's here that are just over a year old. We have a herd test coming up and the Vet said she would squeeze them or band them (whichever we preferred) on the reading day.

Yea, it’s great :)

No it's not, it's a headwreck.

Whelan, how are the bulls that you got banded doing. Was there any issues and did you let them out or keep them indoors. I presume that you had to vaccinate them for blackleg.

I have a 7 FR's here that are just over a year old. We have a herd test coming up and the Vet said she would squeeze them or band them (whichever we preferred) on the reading day.

Great job. Never set them back at all. These had been done with blackleg last year. All around the year mark now. Poor calves from last year. We just let them back to the pen they had been in on slats after they were done. I didn't look to see if they had fallen off yet :) would definitely recommend it. Easier on woman and beast. 2 weeks done today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Was there any ep of this farming life ?

I think she hasn’t a notion what she wants. It’s like watching a train wreck.

I think she knows what she wants alright, she was a visible remainer before the referendum. But the whole idea of trying to keep the conservatives together before the good of the country has led them down this path, I think.

I think history will judge her much kinder than current commentary has to this point.

Whatever way it goes at this stage is going to be a train wreck alright.

I think she knows what she wants alright, she was a visible remainer before the referendum. But the whole idea of trying to keep the conservatives together before the good of the country has led them down this path, I think.

I think history will judge her much kinder than current commentary has to this point.

So what you're basically saying is that oul Theresa is saying one thing to the public but doing a completely different thing behind closed doors?

.....She picked the right job.

Cattle out today. Shed cleaned and powerwashed out too. Ahh bliss

• Advertisement

Cattle out today. Shed cleaned and powerwashed out too. Ahh bliss

Is the electric fence turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

naughto wrote: »
    Was there any ep of this farming life ?

Nope. It said it would be back during the summer.

First world complaint but Kerrygold butter is still very pale in colour.
    Bought in Lidl.

You'd think with cows out at grass for a long time now it would be normal yellow business as usual.

I think she's being mind controlled by a spoon bender..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/uri-geller-promises-to-stop-brexit-using-telepathy

So what you're basically saying is that oul Theresa is saying one thing to the public but doing a completely different thing behind closed doors?

.....She picked the right job.

I've no idea, we'll all find out soon enough. It's hard not to see her being more favourable to her beliefs than those she didn't believe in a few months ago.

I've no idea, we'll all find out soon enough. It's hard not to see her being more favourable to her beliefs than those she didn't believe in a few months ago.

I think she's only in the gig for the pension pot and prestige.

The whole things a runaway train with nobody in control.

• Advertisement

I think she's only in the gig for the pension pot and prestige.

The whole things a runaway train with nobody in control.

Tbh I admire her she has stuck by the job.. I mightnt agree with her but I don't see anyone else with the same work ethic as her. She must be wrecked at this stage

Tbh I admire her she has stuck by the job.. I mightnt agree with her but I don't see anyone else with the same work ethic as her. She must be wrecked at this stage

Pity wouldn't be the emotion that a lot of people across the water would have for her at this stage.

Pity wouldn't be the emotion that a lot of people across the water would have for her at this stage.

Don't see anyone jumping in to take her job, do you?

Don't see anyone jumping in to take her job, do you?

There will be soon enough.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/theresa-may-is-finished-and-the-eu-knows-it-1.3835083

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

she has T1 diabetes as well

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement