Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It was grand until Calamity Jaysus showed up. Just had to turn it off!!

Ah calamity janey!! You don't know what you're missing.

He's an honorary Viking now.

The crowd is too cool around these parts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Yeah - another example would be this. They also tried "rewilding" cattle in Holland recently but without large predators to cull sick,weak animals etc. the herd was hit by overgrazing, starvation and disease

Yes the Chillingham cattle came to mind while typing the above. There a similar situation but are much further down the evolutionary path than Swona cattle. The Chillingham cattle are massively inbred at this stage but seem to be managed as opposed to those on Swona who are left to there own devices. If the environmental conditions don't exist to keep such a wild population in check than human intervention is required, consequently if human invention is required then it's not a "wild" population imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Albert, you sound like someone who'd be ridiculously interesting to have a few pints with!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭kk.man

Albert, you sound like someone who'd be ridiculously interesting to have a few pints with!!

I have to disagree..more like..'Young Sheldon'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭alps

Had a few pints with a boardsie tonight after a most entertaiang Seamus O Rourke play, and realising its been so long since having a few pints on a Sunday night, we had no idea what time they should close at....the drink driving laws meant that our drivers' patience would not stretch to finding out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,125 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

alps wrote: »
    Had a few pints with a boardsie tonight after a most entertaiang Seamus O Rourke play, and realising its been so long since having a few pints on a Sunday night, we had no idea what time they should close at....the drink driving laws meant that our drivers' patience would not stretch to finding out...

A Sunday night 11pm except when there is a bank holiday on the Monday. Then it is the same as a Friday or Saturday night which is 12.30 am.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

A Sunday night 11pm except when there is a bank holiday on the Monday. Then it is the same as a Friday or Saturday night which is 12.30 am.

12:30, wow had no idea. Home drinker here, not that I do much of that either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

_Brian wrote: »
    12:30, wow had no idea. Home drinker here, not that I do much of that either

The usual I would go to when I get a chance would be 1 ó clock every night. Do cops tend to police this too much these days if there is no hassle in a place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

alps wrote: »

...what kind of an eeget are ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

First cattle moved to the outfarm & all cows & calves born so far are out. YIPPEEEEEEEEEE :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    Eldest lad is sick in bed, really miss his help. Wasn't much of a weekend here.

One of the 15yr old kids in the running club here ended up in Icu for afew days there, with a very serious throat infection that totally blocked his airway, scary enough stuff for his family, he'd been training and racing up until afew days beforehand no bother also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Timmaay wrote: »
    One of the 15yr old kids in the running club here ended up in Icu for afew days there, with a very serious throat infection that totally blocked his airway, scary enough stuff for his family, he'd been training and racing up until afew days beforehand no bother also!

3 kids here are all on antibiotics, due to throat infections... Nasty doses too, and came on all of a sudden as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

3 kids here are all on antibiotics, due to throat infections... Nasty doses too, and came on all of a sudden as well...

Sympathy. I'm on my 2nd course in 3 weeks.

Had to adjust other meds as a result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I had my youngest at doctor this morning - like that, came on awful sudden, grand going to bed Friday evening and miserable Saturday morning. No sleep last night! She has irish and german orals next week for LC and is in a mighty panic over what hints/tips she is likely to miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

KatyMac wrote: »
    I had my youngest at doctor this morning - like that, came on awful sudden, grand going to bed Friday evening and miserable Saturday morning. No sleep last night! She has irish and german orals next week for LC and is in a mighty panic over what hints/tips she is likely to miss.

No real tips given out tbh. Know your topics well and keep talking. Dont give the examiner a chance to ask difficult questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Timmaay wrote: »

He's going to the doctors in the morning, should really have gone today. Missed a 5k race he had been training for yesterday which wouldn't be like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Another lump on the way..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Some job that.

Some job that.

Tis mighty. Fed them at 7 this morning and her bones were solid. Wasn't expecting any stir out of her today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Tis mighty. Fed them at 7 this morning and her bones were solid. Wasn't expecting any stir out of her today.

How far away can you go with the drone? Mighty job

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »
    How far away can you go with the drone? Mighty job

It'll do about 8km on the one battery. Never really need to go that far though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

It'll do about 8km on the one battery. Never really need to go that far though.

Are you sitting on the couch while driving the drone or are you near the cow?

Odelay wrote: »
    Are you sitting on the couch while driving the drone or are you near the cow?

I was parked on the side of the road. She's up on the winterage still if you look on the picture you'll see she's 100m higher than where I am and 1100m away from me. Would have to walk most of the way up to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

You're getting the hang of the arm chair farming :p

Can it work in the dark?

Can it work in the dark?

No won't see anything...I'll still have to face up it with the flash lamp:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

You may kit her out with night vision equipment.

There was a poster here not so long ago claiming a ufo with flashing marker lights at night.
    Travelling at speed silently.
    I'm not sure who that poster was? But I'd swear it was a drone.

Does yours have night marker lights?

There was a poster here not so long ago claiming a ufo with flashing marker lights at night.

Ya a green one at the back and two red to the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

How many calved now from that char bull? Are they all coming big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

How is it on the ropes? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

That was me. 😀 LC is a fellow county man alright but I’m afraid his drone wouldn’t reach me. It was only a white flashing light I saw. May well have been a drone of some sort but I really don’t think so. Aliens definitely! 😁

How many calved now from that char bull? Are they all coming big?

That's the third one, massive, upside down, when I managed to straighten him had to put a head rope on and tie it to jack. Normally get away with a gentle pull on it. Was going to call vet to do a section cause I genuinely didn't think he'd come but aul fella handled her and reckoned he would. Too close for comfort anyway. Think I was feeding the cows too much too. They got no hardship this winter and the most of them are in unusually good form for this time of year. That was a 5th calver I never had to assist before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Good result, did ye do all that out in the field or have to walk her back to the yard?

Tackled one of the lawns yesterday evening. Jesus some cover on it after the mild winter :(
    Only a half job as I still have to lift the grass of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Back running yesterday after a chest infection. Had a couple of heifers out and a lad bought 2 off me- one was ok looking 2 star one was lightish 1 star. Both end of April ‘18- roan looking limousins off speckle park cows. €735 each. It would have costed me another €30 to get them to the mart and commission and the smaller one would have done less.

tanko wrote: »
    Good result, did ye do all that out in the field or have to walk her back to the yard?

It's a few miles from home so I have to walk them down, load them at the road and bring them up home then. Madness really but the most of them normally calf away themselves and the calves are better off too. Sheds a great job for spreading scour and naval infections I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Tackled one of the lawns yesterday evening. Jesus some cover on it after the mild winter :(
    Only a half job as I still have to lift the grass of it.

3rd cut last evening here. Wouldnt like facing into it with how bad the first cut was 3 weeks ago!

3rd cut last evening here. Wouldnt like facing into it with how bad the first cut was 3 weeks ago!

Yea, never this late again, although in fairness I say that most years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

I was parked on the side of the road. She's up on the winterage still if you look on the picture you'll see she's 100m higher than where I am and 1100m away from me. Would have to walk most of the way up to her.

What make/model is the drone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,498 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Yeah 3rd or 4th cut here aswell

Suckler wrote: »
    What make/model is the drone?

Dji mavic pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Happiness is finding the calf that you have been tubing for a week on her feet and then her sucking from the teat feeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

This is a project my 7 year old Nephew had to do. My brother and his family live in Jackson, Mississippi, and my nephew has a real southern drawl.

This is a project my 7 year old Nephew had to do. My brother and his family live in Jackson, Mississippi, and my nephew has a real southern drawl.

My brother helped my nephew do it on this fella. He said he has to educate the Americans

There's 2 lads sitting in an esb van outside my house for the last 2 hours. Waiting on another lad to arrive..... What money per hour would they be on?

There's 2 lads sitting in an esb van outside my house for the last 2 hours. Waiting on another lad to arrive..... What money per hour would they be on?

Ive 6 council lads with 2 subcontractors with a digger outsude my place since 9. They're fixing a n air valve. They might actually start doing something after dinner.

Ive 6 council lads with 2 subcontractors with a digger outsude my place since 9. They're fixing a n air valve. They might actually start doing something after dinner.

Was walking across west street in drogheda on Sunday around noon. There was about 6 council lads breast feeding shovels around a small water leak under the pavement. Now why it would take 6 of them to fix it is beyond me and I'm sure it could have waited until Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Yea, never this late again, although in fairness I say that most years.

Ride on was out of action last spring then young lad was born. Things got ahead of me so in the end used the topper and stayed using it. Never left a mark with the drought!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement