Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

einn32 wrote: »
    Ya sure it wasn't a survey plane?? Cattle were grand with it here...thought they might react.

Sorry, Typo.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

First world complaint but Kerrygold butter is still very pale in colour.
    Bought in Lidl.

You'd think with cows out at grass for a long time now it would be normal yellow business as usual.

Crisis averted. The butter has changed.

It's now yellow and very spreadable.

Stay tuned for more more butter developments. :)

(They must be buying in very large consignments and stockpiling for better deals).

"Survey" plane flying over here today. You'd swear it was going to crash, it was flying so low. Must have passed over the area 10 times.

I think when they repeatedly pass over an area like that 'something' must be showing up on their sensors and they go back just for a clearer picture.

We dug out a hole in a field for shale filling for roadways here and back filled the hole with quartz rocks picked off reclamation land with an excavator coupled with a little bit of scrap iron.Nothing would be visible as it was filled in levelled and reseeded with the field but plane kept doing runs over that spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

_Brian wrote: »
    Anyone with Netflix, Afterlife is a great watch starring Ricky Gervais, I think it’s the best role I’ve ever seen him in. He’s written it too.
    Fleabag
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirNuR4EUrU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I think when they repeatedly pass over an area like that 'something' must be showing up on their sensors and they go back just for a clearer picture.

Maybe it's that black liquid that keeps bubbling up outta the ground here. :cool:

Maybe it's that black liquid that keeps bubbling up outta the ground here. :cool:

Ah they won't bother with Bog Water. :D

Gold, lead and copper is where it's at.

With rights to be bought by some Chinese mining speculation company.
    Mount Leinster's mining rights is owned by such a company I believe. Lots more with farmers farming away land that have mining rights sold to a foreign company which the guys topside haven't a clue about.
    Canadians are the guys in the prop planes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Timmaay wrote: »
    Fair play for your honestly ha. I was alot more like that (I remember once purposely not taking any rubbish outa the car for a week, it shocked me totally literally min 3bottles of lucozade/day, so I made the effort to cut back then), however thankfully I do quite a bit of running which gives more motivation to eat better, and that burns off the junk food. However eating well is far from being any sort of strict regime (trust me your the 1st person to refer to me as being organised in about 10yrs haha), it's definitely shouldn't be an obsession either (that's why most diets fail), it's just down to abit of self respect for your body. I don't hugely buy the lacking time element ha, there are loads of reasonable healthy fast foods as such, making 10mins 3times a day for a somewhat square meal absolutely has to be within your control.

Another hectic day and I'm sitting waiting for my order in the take away. The better half is gone out for the evening and I'm away all day so nothing going to happen diet wise tonight. I agree that it's more about prioritising time for proper meals opposed to a total lack of time. I dropped bullocks for a friend at the mart this morning and we had breakfast in the canteen, chipper for dinner and the jeep needs diesel so the dreaded check out again. I suppose if this healthy eating craic was easy I'd have zero interest in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Another hectic day and I'm sitting waiting for my order in the take away. The better half is gone out for the evening and I'm away all day so nothing going to happen diet wise tonight. I agree that it's more about prioritising time for proper meals opposed to a total lack of time. I dropped bullocks for a friend at the mart this morning and we had breakfast in the canteen, chipper for dinner and the jeep needs diesel so the dreaded check out again. I suppose if this healthy eating craic was easy I'd have zero interest in it.

Flatout day here, but took a big bowl of cereal out with me (I've lost/broke enough bowls and large mugs outside l'll admit ha), chicken fillet roll as a early lunch (the thoughts of a chipper at lunch, no sorry ha), hungry at 4 and knew I was training at 7 so fired together a quick wrap (I make sure always likes of tomatos, ham etc in the fridge here), I was close on stopping off at a good Chinese/thai the way home after training I'll admit, but was no parking so I kept on going and threw together a quick enough large bolognese that will do someones dinner tomorrow also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Timmaay wrote: »
    Flatout day here, but took a big bowl of cereal out with me (I've lost/broke enough bowls and large mugs outside l'll admit ha), chicken fillet roll as a early lunch (the thoughts of a chipper at lunch, no sorry ha), hungry at 4 and knew I was training at 7 so fired together a quick wrap (I make sure always likes of tomatos, ham etc in the fridge here), I was close on stopping off at a good Chinese/thai the way home after training I'll admit, but was no parking so I kept on going and threw together a quick enough large bolognese that will do someones dinner tomorrow also.
    Had 4 cups of tea yesterday and 2 cups of coffee. Ate nothing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Had 4 cups of tea yesterday and 2 cups of coffee. Ate nothing...

Are ya milking yourself or have you someone coming in.

• Advertisement

Are ya milking yourself or have you someone coming in.

Someone did yesterday morning and this morning. Myself and eldest lad did yesterday evening, he is dosed too. Feel a bit better today. If I wasn't self employed I'd probably get a week off work.

Someone did yesterday morning and this morning. Myself and eldest lad did yesterday evening, he is dosed too. Feel a bit better today. If I wasn't self employed I'd probably get a week off work.

Yea.
    cam be a fine balance at work.

You don’t want someone trying to come in when there not fit and torturing themselves and often others around them, particularly if it’s something like a contagious stomach bug.

But one place I managed and every day off, certified or not, was held against the employee for end of year reviews so it could cost them real money even being certified sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

The mild winter has meant the ticks are out in force early!!
    Have had 5 of them so far. Five f**kers in March, never had them as early before.

The mild winter has meant the ticks are out in force early!!
    Have had 5 of them so far. Five f**kers in March, never had them as early before.

I find that amazing. We’re just next county over and I’ve not seen a tic since the 70’s

I find that amazing. We’re just next county over and I’ve not seen a tic since the 70’s

You're lucky!!
    Outfarm here is right next to a boggy area/blind lake. So not seen any sort of work on it....well....ever! So nature has taken over & they seem to creep up the fields to it, lane in is full of trawneens and if you plucked one, you might see 4/5 little ticks on the end of it, all waving their legs to be caught on something. Thankfully all cattle have immunity here, yet another reason we don't buy in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

You're lucky!!
    Outfarm here is right next to a boggy area/blind lake. So not seen any sort of work on it....well....ever! So nature has taken over & they seem to creep up the fields to it, lane in is full of trawneens and if you plucked one, you might see 4/5 little ticks on the end of it, all waving their legs to be caught on something. Thankfully all cattle have immunity here, yet another reason we don't buy in stock.

Have the same problem around here with the ticks. The winterages are full of them so it's fairly risky buying cattle outside the burren. The only thing I'd travel for is a bull and I give them imizol after 2 weeks in a rough field.

If I wasn't self employed I'd probably get a week off work.

I know this fact probably doesn't actually bother you too much ha (I don't think you'd be the 9 to 5 office job 2hr commute type haha), but seriously do remember it next time your looking to book a trip away and take them afew extra days away then guilt free ha. I don't do too bad at all in terms of holidays for a farmer here, but then I get offers to join other friends on trips away and I'm definitely guilty of turning down too much because of a farm excuse, it's the times your struggling that you wounder why didn't you go when you had the chance ha.

You're lucky!!

Remimds me of an area near her owned by few bachelor brothers, more than 150 acres ran wild, my brother in law shoots there, they call it the Amazon it’s gone so wild, great for nature.

Have the same problem around here with the ticks. The winterages are full of them so it's fairly risky buying cattle outside the burren. The only thing I'd travel for is a bull and I give them imizol after 2 weeks in a rough field.

Wonder if there's a human version!! :pac: I've become fairly sensitive to them luckily so I can usually feel them crawling on me before they bite.
    I know all nature is supposed to be symbiotic & stuff but I wish ticks didn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Wonder if there's a human version!! :pac: I've become fairly sensitive to them luckily so I can usually feel them crawling on me before they bite.
    I know all nature is supposed to be symbiotic & stuff but I wish ticks didn't exist.

Could you trial a Labrador sized application of Spot-On?
    Supposed to give 12 weeks protection....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Could you trial a Labrador sized application of Spot-On?
    Supposed to give 12 weeks protection....

:D

A topical application of Stockholm tar might work.

:D:D
    Chew a few heads of garlic every day, keep ticks, fleas, flies, people etc away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

:D:D
    Chew a few heads of garlic every day, keep ticks, fleas, flies, people etc away!
    Peaceful bliss :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Anyone know if you can still get spray for leather- jackets, North or South of the border.

Anybody spot a swallow yet?

Not doubt they're making their way up the British canals from the south up to Liverpool and across the north Welsh coast to Holyhead to catch the ferry to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Wonder if there's a human version!! I've become fairly sensitive to them luckily so I can usually feel them crawling on me before they bite. I know all nature is supposed to be symbiotic & stuff but I wish ticks didn't exist.

Is lyme disease an issue in your part of the country?
    Pretty serious if you get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Fertility tested the 2 bulls this evening and they passed with flying colous all they need now is some ladies:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Anybody spot a swallow yet?

Not doubt they're making their way up the British canals from the south up to Liverpool and across the north Welsh coast to Holyhead to catch the ferry to Dublin.

Bit early yet for most parts - a few along the south coast last few weeks but you won't get big numbers for another week or so. Weather will play a part and the cold Northerlies progged for next week could delay them. Other summer migrants like Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps are already now well established in the East and South since Paddy's day.

Eldest lad is 18 today. He was born during the foot and mouth crisis. Today was to be brexit day. No celebrations here for a week or so until we all recover

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Bit early yet for most parts - a few along the south coast last few weeks but you won't get big numbers for another week or so. Weather will play a part and the cold Northerlies progged for next week could delay them. Other summer migrants like Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps are already now well established in the East and South since Paddy's day.

Didn't know they were on the south coast.

I heard reports of sightings in the North.
    Chiffchaffs you'd hear them here alright.

• Advertisement

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Is lyme disease an issue in your part of the country?
    Pretty serious if you get it

I know of one person who apparently has it.
    Tick season just means I have to do a check every night for them, the disease takes 1-2 days to transmit & it'd be a cunning tick who'd last that long. They're just something I never passed much heed on as ticks were always around here. We just pluck them off & get on with it, there's not much we can do with that area which has them.
    The young nymph or baby ticks tend to be what bites us though so the likelihood of those having been infected so young would be slim. The hard backed feckers are still around though i've never been bitten by a bigger one like these :(

C93UW_dW0AAL6_r.jpg

I know of one person who apparently has it.
    Tick season just means I have to do a check every night for them, the disease takes 1-2 days to transmit & it'd be a cunning tick who'd last that long. They're just something I never passed much heed on as ticks were always around here. We just pluck them off & get on with it, there's not much we can do with that area which has them.
    The young nymph or baby ticks tend to be what bites us though so the likelihood of those having been infected so young would be slim. The hard backed feckers are still around though i've never been bitten by a bigger one like these :(

C93UW_dW0AAL6_r.jpg

Horrid things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Strange question. I was scraping slats today and I saw what looks like nipples on the bulls ball sack. Could this be right? They are too regular looking to be warts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Strange question. I was scraping slats today and I saw what looks like nipples on the bulls ball sack. Could this be right? They are too regular looking to be warts.

I've seen them alright. I don't think there is a problem with them but I'd say it would be against him if selling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Bullocks wrote: »
    I've seen them alright. I don't think there is a problem with them but I'd say it would be against him if selling

I’ll be keeping him for a few years anyway. He is proven and is going into his third breeding season with us. I never saw them on him before.

A million calves drown in Nebraska and livelihoods washed away and the media's response in this part of the world is .....Mehhh..pass..What hair do has John Delaney today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

A million calves drown in Nebraska and livelihoods washed away and the media's response in this part of the world is .....Mehhh..pass..What hair do has John Delaney today?

Usual story

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Romaine

I dropped a bottle of Synulox yesterday, it broke but I saved half of it, is it still useable once exposed to the air?

Reggie. wrote: »
    Usual story

Bringing the news that really matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Could you link the article on john Delaney’s hair? What way is he wearing it today?

Romaine wrote: »
    I dropped a bottle of Synulox yesterday, it broke but I saved half of it, is it still useable once exposed to the air?

I'd say it would want to be used fairly quickly after dropping it. Also was there dirt in it?

I'd say it would want to be used fairly quickly after dropping it. Also was there dirt in it?

No dirt, basically caught it as it broke and I was getting out of the car on clean concrete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

No dirt, basically caught it as it broke and I was getting out of the car on clean concrete.

Even the air will contaminate it, I wouldn't use it any way

Odelay wrote: »
    Could you link the article on john Delaney’s hair? What way is he wearing it today?

I think it's like that fella Jurgen Clop today!!
    Or that other fella who had the hair transplant that cost 150k.

*The world really is becoming a totally selfish, self obsessed, image conscious, uncaring, new toys, delinquent, prick of a..world.

wrangler wrote: »
    Even the air will contaminate it, I wouldn't use it any way

If in doubt, Chuck it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Glass bottle?
    Possibility of glass shards

How much does a bottle of Synulox cost?

How much does a bottle of Synulox cost?

30/40e?

• Advertisement

Was doing a favour for a neighbour which makes it worse. Second bottle I've dropped in the last few months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement