Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

emaherx wrote: »
    Loads of them here too, I've been encouraging them into neighbors land where owners don't bother trying to control ragwort. They've had a decent impact too!

You should sell them, more than a pound each. Drought resistant, no winter fodder & better money than cattle. The only issue is dealing with the grass growing between your ragworths:D

https://www.wwb.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=cinnabar&product_id=6696

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Ouch. We baled yesterday and got 32 of 3acres. Was thinking around 26/27 so was happy with that.

That’s serious yeild for second cut on a good year!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

That’s serious yeild for second cut on a good year!

That's first and only cut. We buy in hay for handiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got my bill for WiFi today. We went over the allowance and was charged 70 euro for last Friday alone. The monthly package is €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭I says

whelan2 wrote: »
    Got my bill for WiFi today. We went over the allowance and was charged 70 euro for last Friday alone. The monthly package is €25

YouTube really hammers it

I says wrote: »
    YouTube really hammers it

Yes my husband was watching old lorry videos. He leaves 2 or 3 tabs open at a time. I was hardly on it last Friday at all. I nearly cried when I got the bill.

Yes my husband was watching old lorry videos. He leaves 2 or 3 tabs open at a time. I was hardly on it last Friday at all. I nearly cried when I got the bill.

You can get a PAYG sim with three and have the same Internet with no extra cost if you go over the allowance. They just slow your Internet down. 20 euro a month.

You can get a PAYG sim with three and have the same Internet with no extra cost if you go over the allowance. They just slow your Internet down. 20 euro a month.

The dingle has the first of the month as the new month but it's actually the 15th is the new month. A text was sent to the dongle that we had exceeded the limit. I have never read any of the texts on the dongle ever. The meteor store set up the dongle when I bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The dingle has the first of the month as the new month but it's actually the 15th is the new month. A text was sent to the dongle that we had exceeded the limit. I have never read any of the texts on the dongle ever. The meteor store set up the dongle when I bought it.

ring them up, they normally discount a lot of the over spend if its your first time asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Have 3 at home 750 gigs a month for 30 quid you can have up to 10 users at a time on the dongle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

I have this it’s great for downloading if your in a 4g area. I can’t get 4g only 3G but still it’s great if you share the connection on your phone with your tablet

naughto wrote: »
    I have this it’s great for downloading if your in a 4g area. I can’t get 4g only 3G but still it’s great if you share the connection on your phone with your tablet

I have it here.. When they 1st turned on 4g in our area we were getting 20-40 mb that's dropped to about 4-8 now. Pretty poor service really but I'm glad to be getting anything.

ganmo wrote: »
    ring them up, they normally discount a lot of the over spend if its your first time asking.

I rang. The girl wasnt very nice and said we had used it so pay for it. Tough ****

I rang. The girl wasnt very nice and said we had used it so pay for it. Tough ****

You can only try again in the hope you get a nicer person. Are ye in a contract? If not treating to leave.

Main reason I left the pay monthly with three. They can't charge you extra if you only top up by 20 euro.

wow eir customer service at its finest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Its not like eir are telling their employees to be a**holes.

I tried to argue that as their store employee had set up the dongle they were at fault for putting the wrong date of the start of the month on it. She just said I would have been advised of the bill date when l signed up. I ended up hanging up. Also charged extra for roaming on holidays on the dongle..... Good job it's a big milk cheque this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I tried to argue that as their store employee had set up the dongle they were at fault for putting the wrong date of the start of the month on it. She just said I would have been advised of the bill date when l signed up. I ended up hanging up. Also charged extra for roaming on holidays on the dongle..... Good job it's a big milk cheque this month

they have a forum here on boards, if you play along with them, they might try to get you some goodwill, the reps here are usually more approachable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I was topping this evening for glas- cut a strip- leave a strip with the layout of the place and unbeknownst to myself I ended up writing the word up in one of the fields. I own the one directly under it- should I write something else? :)

orm0nd wrote: »
    they have a forum here on boards, if you play along with them, they might try to get you some goodwill, the reps here are usually more approachable
    The kids internet usage is monitored, I first off blamed them ,but then found out :cool: He hasnt been on it since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I was topping this evening for glas- cut a strip- leave a strip with the layout of the place and unbeknownst to myself I ended up writing the word up in one of the fields. I own the one directly under it- should I write something else? :)

UP

FERMANAGH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

How about something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

How about something like this?

You might annoy the satellite inspector ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

The kids internet usage is monitored, I first off blamed them ,but then found out :cool: He hasnt been on it since

we have a camera in the yard , I kept checking it on my phone y/day as I was expecting a load of straw, eventhough I had good coverage reception was iffy,

last night I found an old laptop had been left running video on you tube since the night before, luckily we on unlimited broadband :eek:

URS is surely manageable.

UP

FERMANAGH.

I was thinking up the banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Was misguided when getting my plan out here it was implied calls to nz were free, $48 spent talking ****e for an hour with an ol mate

Better living everyone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

UP

FERMANAGH.

Better than 'Up the swanee'.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I always consider myself a realist but some on here consider me a pessimist....... but I came across this gem yesterday.

''Where the pessimist sees the ledge, the optimist walks off the edge.'' :rolleyes:

Love it

wrangler wrote: »
    I always consider myself a realist but some on here consider me a pessimist....... but I came across this gem yesterday.

''Where the pessimist sees the ledge, the optimist walks off the edge.'' :rolleyes:

Love it
    "Where the pessimist see's a problem, the optimist see's a solution".

"A bird in hand, is worth two in the bush".

"Strive not to be a success, but to be of value".

"A goat can tell if it's raining".

Most pessimists wrangler stay on the dole plus you can make up any old crap as a quotation.

"It's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog".

"A big calf at home, looks small at the mart".

"3 + 4 = 7. 5 + 2 also = 7. Follow your own path".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

UP

FERMANAGH.

...I was thinking that

UP

DOWN

For the two fields with the dip in the middle ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

"Where the pessimist see's a problem, the optimist see's a solution".

"A bird in hand, is worth two in the bush".

"Strive not to be a success, but to be of value".

"A goat can tell if it's raining".

Most pessimists wrangler stay on the dole plus you can make up any old crap as a quotation.

"It's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog".

"A big calf at home, looks small at the mart".

"3 + 4 = 7. 5 + 2 also = 7. Follow your own path".

Seen a quote on a smoking shack wall in Shetland a while ago. I don't think I'll forget it.

"Gamblers are skint optimists".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Seen a quote on a smoking shack wall in Shetland a while ago. I don't think I'll forget it.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" an old favourite of mine

Better living everyone

Love it

What do you call a pessimist when he’s right
    A realist

"A stumbling block for the pessimist, is a stepping stone for the optimist"
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whinning" - Teddy Roosevelt

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month" - Teddy Roosevelt

"The only man who never makes mistakes, never does anything " - Teddy Roosevelt

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease, left a name worth remembering" - Teddy Roosevelt

"Great minds discuss ideas;
    Average minds discuss events;
    Small minds discuss people."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

"A stumbling block for the pessimist, is a stepping stone for the optimist"
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whinning" - Teddy Roosevelt

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month" - Teddy Roosevelt

"The only man who never makes mistakes, never does anything " - Teddy Roosevelt

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease, left a name worth remembering" - Teddy Roosevelt

"Great minds discuss ideas;
    Average minds discuss events;
    Small minds discuss people."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

I forecast that by the end of this year more farmers will agree with my saying than any of yours.
    I've posted you second saying may times on here except the word I use is whingeing

I forecast that by the end of this year more farmers will agree with my saying than any of yours.
    I've posted you second saying may times on here except the word I use is whingeing

"Small minds discuss people"

Ah jaysus wrangler I'm not having a go and liven up ffs. Don't be taking things too seriously!
    Life is never clear cut.

Ah jaysus wrangler I'm not having a go and liven up ffs. Don't be taking things too seriously!
    Life is never clear cut.

Says the lad who was going to close his account again a few weeks ago.....

Says the lad who was going to close his account again a few weeks ago.....

What are you having a go at me for?

Make a point that is all when it needed to be made. It worked.

• Advertisement

Life is never clear cut.

Your first reply to my post is a tad sad too, did I hit a nerve

Your first reply to my post is a tad sad too, did I hit a nerve

Oh ffs!
    Like ****e off a splashplate at this stage Wrangler.

In case you get offended by that...
    It doesn't stick.

Keep em coming!

A pessimist life is best. If what you think will go wrong, goes wrong, then you are right. If it doesn't go wrong then you had a better time then expected. Win win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I think we'll leave that alone now and move quietly along?

Thanks,

Buford T. Justice

No more Roosevelt quotes then?

What about Shakespeare?

(Just lightening the tone Buford. Although it hardly warranted a mod intervention ).

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here"
    - Willie Shakespeare.

Shakespeare's reaction when he saw a field of limousines.

Youngest lad hurt his hand around 2 0 clock. We arrived at vhi swift care clinic at 3.10. Now on our way home with xray done and splint and sling for his broken finger. Cost €97.50 for visit fee and xray. Waited 7 hours in casualty at Christmas time when he broke his wrist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Youngest lad hurt his hand around 2 0 clock. We arrived at vhi swift care clinic at 3.10. Now on our way home with xray done and splint and sling for his broken finger. Cost €97.50 for visit fee and xray. Waited 7 hours in casualty at Christmas time when he broke his wrist

That lad is a bad luck around a place :D

That lad is a bad luck around a place :D

We were just saying this morning we hadn't been to the hospital in a while....

It's a pity there's only 3 of them in the country!

There was an incident on the farm here lately.
    Just to say the eircode is a huge help for the ambo crews. It needs to be saved on everyone's mobile phone.

Am in Ennis for the Fleadh Nua. Big difference between this and the Fleadh. One bar man said the take was about 15% of the last two years. But still better than nothing.

Small lady is enjoying herself and small lad is cocking the ear mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We were just saying this morning we hadn't been to the hospital in a while....

Tempting fate there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement