Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rushes sprayed last year. Looking forward to topping the field after grazing.

https://ibb.co/HgM3Ty1

Also wee coloured primroses, they’re around an old famine ruins, seems to be less every year for some reason. Can’t but think of someone making their best during such hard times.

https://ibb.co/WKTXLR7

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

TB test here today, I'm wrecked after it. I think bulls destined for the factory in the month or 6 weeks after the test should be immune from testing.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

blue5000 wrote: »
    TB test here today, I'm wrecked after it. I think bulls destined for the factory in the month or 6 weeks after the test should be immune from testing.

I agree that testing forward beef bulls is bound to be both a personal safety and animal welfare nightmare. Any bundles of heavy bulls I've handled have definitely been hard work. However how would you identify such stock and ensure that they were only sold to slaughter within a designated timescale? I suppose they can mark inconclusive results in a TB test and the animal can only be sold direct to slaughter afterwards so perhaps a similar setup would work for beef bulls.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Our normal postman was off for 2 weeks, during that time I got no post delivered to my address. The replacement postman only worked every second day and only emptied the local post box every second day. My post went to my parents house. Stuff I know I should have been delivered never came. Postman was back today, he was doing 2 weeks work in 1 day. I ordered a few replacement tags last Monday, dispatched on Tuesday , no sign of them. Calves I registered on line on Sunday of last week I got the cards today. Couldnt bring a calf to the mart today as I didnt have the tag for him. I am now wondering where my bvd samples are....

A man locally got a job as a relief postman a few years back when the previous man died suddenly. I think he lasted a few months before being dismissed due to gross negligence regarding his workload. The man in question suffered from depression and seemingly the workload overwhelmed him. His house was found full of undelivered parcels, there were more scattered around the local area stuck in hedges and outhouses. There was uproar in particular from one local couple who's wedding invitations were mostly lost in transit, seemingly it led to reopening family rifts and general bad feelings over perceived favoritism. I remember there was various bits and pieces being delivered for weeks afterwards as the backlog was inspected and sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

blue5000 wrote: »

Same as, busy day here. OH had her first scan in morning. They wouldn’t let me in as I had my 1yo. Was fairly peeved after a 1 1/4 drive there. Also the only baby changing table they had was in the women’s toilets- in a maternity hospital. But the main thing was the scan went well so hopefully herd expansion.

Then test in afternoon, had to do some clearing around the the house for the digger driver and a cow calved- by herself and calf sucking. AI bred heifer off a four star cow.

Good day all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Same as, busy day here. OH had her first scan in morning. They wouldn’t let me in as I had my 1yo. Was fairly peeved after a 1 1/4 drive there. Also the only baby changing table they had was in the women’s toilets- in a maternity hospital. But the main thing was the scan went well so hopefully herd expansion.

Then test in afternoon, had to do some clearing around the the house for the digger driver and a cow calved- by herself and calf sucking. AI bred heifer off a four star cow.

Good day all round.

Awww number 3 :) well done kollege :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Awww number 3 :) well done kollege :)

Ya wont be long filling that new house..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

A man locally got a job as a relief postman a few years back when the previous man died suddenly. I think he lasted a few months before being dismissed due to gross negligence regarding his workload. The man in question suffered from depression and seemingly the workload overwhelmed him. His house was found full of undelivered parcels, there were more scattered around the local area stuck in hedges and outhouses. There was uproar in particular from one local couple who's wedding invitations were mostly lost in transit, seemingly it led to reopening family rifts and general bad feelings over perceived favoritism. I remember there was various bits and pieces being delivered for weeks afterwards as the backlog was inspected and sorted.

Albert, when is the book out? There's a touch of the John B about you.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Anyone elses car/tractor/house get covered in that Sahara sand overnight? My own car plastered in it this morning. Between that and crow ****e, it was a total waste of time washing it last week

2019-04-24-08-04-50.jpg

2019-04-24-08-05-02.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭I says

Anyone elses car/tractor/house get covered in that Sahara sand overnight? My own car plastered in it this morning. Between that and crow ****e, it was a total waste of time washing it last week

2019-04-24-08-04-50.jpg

2019-04-24-08-05-02.jpg

Yeah same here the car is destroyed with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Presume I'm the last person to see this meme, pretty funny do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Putting in the last few bales here now. 90 bales off 12 acres. I was up at a stag in carlingford for the weekend. Lovely town, smashing weather and lovely scenery. Place packed Sunday with buses down from the north.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Putting in the last few bales here now. 90 bales off 12 acres. I was up at a stag in carlingford for the weekend. Lovely town, smashing weather and lovely scenery. Place packed Sunday with buses down from the north.

As you head up the coast through the Mournes it’s a stunning area.

I says wrote: »
    Yeah same here the car is destroyed with it

Same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

Wind from the Sahara or something along those lines apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

visatorro wrote: »
    Wind from the Sahara or something along those lines apparently

Interestingly these dust storms have been linked the spread of certain diseases in equatorial areas and having impacts on local weather patterns and also global climate

https://public.wmo.int/en/our-mandate/focus-areas/environment/SDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Had a missed call from the County Council this morning. I rang back. I had reported a water leak in March. Irish water fixed it a couple of weeks later. The County Council lads were out today looking to fix the water leak I reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭The Rabbi

davidk1394 wrote: »

Between the quarry and the main road? Passed by,could see digger loading bales around 11 today. Windows look very clean.;)

Had a missed call from the County Council this morning. I rang back. I had reported a water leak in March. Irish water fixed it a couple of weeks later. The County Council lads were out today looking to fix the water leak I reported.

Scary isn’t it
    The shear inefficiency of them.

6 milkings off. Heading to Liverpool after dinner. Been looking forward to this for months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

6 milkings off. Heading to Liverpool after dinner. Been looking forward to this for months

Pity the result last night didn't go our way. There would be some buzz over there now if City had lost or drawn to United! Enjoy the break anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Your hardly taking time off

Reggie. wrote: »
    Your hardly taking time off

Hopefully it will all still be here when I get back

Will ya have family to cover the milking or pay a relief miller ?

_Brian wrote: »
    Will ya have family to cover the milking or pay a relief miller ?

Have a lad will milk. Eldest lad will help him and do the rest of the work. My dad will be around too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bring back 3 points or you'll be banned:p

Enjoy, should be a decent game.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Bring back 3 points or you'll be banned:p)

Don’t think it matters, think City will win out

It’d be good to see a team win the English domestic treble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

Bring back 3 points or you'll be banned:p)

Don’t think it matters, think City will win out

It’d be good to see a team win the English domestic treble
    Say it right

Its good to see a multi billion pound team win the English domestic treble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I was driving home yesterday in the early hours trying to avoid squashing frogs hopping across the road. I was surprised to see hundreds of them on the move as I presumed their breeding season was over. I avoided 6 hedgehogs and 2 foxes munching on squished frogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Out lab used to love eating frogs-he used to swallow them down in one gulp-yeuch! Then looked so sad when I yelled at him and pulled him away!! Since he had the stroke he can’t catch anything so that problems solved. I think they were still alive when they hit his stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

The hens love them here when they can catch them :pac:

Anyone else get a letter about a curlew scheme in conjunction with GLAS actions today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

L1985 wrote: »
    Out lab used to love eating frogs-he used to swallow them down in one gulp-yeuch! Then looked so sad when I yelled at him and pulled him away!! Since he had the stroke he can’t catch anything so that problems solved. I think they were still alive when they hit his stomach.

When i read that first i thought you said that your oul lad used to love eating frogs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Just seen the weather forcast on RTÉ 1, it's so vague and uninformative, compared to the online forcasts its next to useless.
    It reminded me of the weather forecast d'unbelievables sketch
    'Prime conditions for the black beetle'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Have a lad will milk. Eldest lad will help him and do the rest of the work. My dad will be around too

Whelan, we've been trying to contact you. Your cows are out on the road. :eek:

I said I'd post this here as well.

Status RED wind warning for CLARE this evening.
    https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1121736896697241600?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

L1985 wrote: »

Great cure for hiccups 😂

I said I'd post this here as well.

Status RED wind warning for CLARE this evening.
    https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1121736896697241600?s=19

Think we are going to be let out of work a bit early.....might get a few jobs done at home so! :D

Whelan, we've been trying to contact you. Your cows are out on the road. :eek:

Actually fencing contractor there today. 2 calves born and 8 for ai this morning. Eldest lad up at 5 this morning. He's wrecked, but loves being in charge.

Parishlad wrote: »
    Think we are going to be let out of work a bit early.....might get a few jobs done at home so! :D

It's an ill wind that blows no good:p

• Advertisement

Clear herd test today. Just making sure everything is ok for the night. My mother and sister decided to go to the cliffs today with my 4yo and my nieces. Pure madness and the grand week we had before today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

Clear herd test today. Just making sure everything is ok for the night. My mother and sister decided to go to the cliffs today with my 4yo and my nieces. Pure madness and the grand week we had before today

Jesus

Great stuff...on the herd test. Not so great on the visit to the Cliffs!

weather just turned bad here now! Raining heavily!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Actually fencing contractor there today. 2 calves born and 8 for ai this morning. Eldest lad up at 5 this morning. He's wrecked, but loves being in charge.

Early retirement for you so
    Any interest in traveling?

Parishlad wrote: »
    Great stuff...on the herd test. Not so great on the visit to the Cliffs!

They’re back safe and sound, they had some photos at the cliffs- some view there today- all the fog blown away.

• Advertisement

They’re back safe and sound, they had some photos at the cliffs- some view there today- all the fog blown away.

The fog didn’t stand much chance today. I haven’t been to the cliffs in a long time. Must go soon.

Pretty blustery here now just outside Ennis but nothing too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Bring back 3 points or you'll be banned:p

Enjoy, should be a decent game.:)

Job done. We were in the kop. Youngest lad said it was the best day of his life so far...

Job done. We were in the kop. Youngest lad said it was the best day of his life so far...

Class. Enjoy !

Just back from work now, rough enough night outside but hopefully the worst has passed. There was serious rain and wind all evening and lots of branches down on the road. Our power is gone so the place is in darkness, be lost only for the torch on the phone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement