Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,982 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

not a soccer fan by any stretch but this is some going in fairness

Would love to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

whelan2 wrote: »
    Would love to be there

Some result.

Ard_MC wrote: »
    Some result.

Stuff of dreams. Amazing stuff. Messi and suarez stalled no salah or firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

im sure Gary Lineker and Rio are in foir some abuse after this....!!! andf they deserve every bit they get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

im sure Gary Lineker and Rio are in foir some abuse after this....!!! andf they deserve every bit they get

Here you go, the match in a minute, sound needed though.
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1125879690256842752?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

I cant sleep after that. Still buzzing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I cant sleep after that. Still buzzing.

M8 has been trying to book flights to Madrid for final - gone from 100 to 1000 yoyos in only a few minutes after the match:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Bought a big bag lifter in the UK. Pricing lads to bring it back anyone got someone they use or find reliable

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Bought a big bag lifter in the UK. Pricing lads to bring it back anyone got someone they use or find reliable

Join Irish rigs on Facebook and ask someone to bring it back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭Grueller

If it can be put on a pallet a courier company will move it for small money. Try tuckmill transport in Enniscorthy. They are part of the pallet network and will put you on the right track. Mate got a wagtail home for around €80 a while back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

How heavy is it and what area is it? In the past I've found that it's cheaper to get the UK seller to get quotes from courier at their end than getting a quote here from the same company!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

I got ace transport to collect from High Wycombe, think it was 80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Dozer1

It's this one 290 Kgs and bigger than a pallet. One lad wanted 600 for it as reckoned it was 4 pallet sizes.

Was planning max 400.

That's some end to a game...

That's some end to a game...

It'll be an interesting final anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭148multi

It's this one 290 Kgs and bigger than a pallet. One lad wanted 600 for it as reckoned it was 4 pallet sizes.

Was planning max 400.

Mine was priced at 200 kg, smaller though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭emaherx

Schrodinger's cow?

479809.jpg

emaherx wrote: »
    Schrodinger's cow?

479809.jpg

Looks like they are all dead. I hope they're not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭emaherx

Looks like they are all dead. I hope they're not

Walk up, all eyes open and rolled back, tounges hanging out, cow has a leg in the air. Look down no movement. I make a little noise, three heads look up at me a little disgusted looking that I woke them. Feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

emaherx wrote: »
    Walk up, all eyes open and rolled back, tounges hanging out, cow has a leg in the air. Look down no movement. I make a little noise, three heads look up at me a little disgusted looking that I woke them. Feckers!

Id say its the same thought we all have when we see that... Oh ****, is it dead ?

• Advertisement

We call it the heart attack moment

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Good deed of the day done at lunchtime. Heading to town centre to post some BVD samples and about 7 young bullocks on the side of the road. Two or three cars just passed them and kept going so I stopped up, flashers on, hopped out and managed to get them back in without much fuss. Let the guards know then and they were going to contact the landowner and try and fix up the gap. I am in the office gear and a lad in a van behind me shouted to me' You'd make a handy farmer.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Parishlad wrote: »
    Good deed of the day done at lunchtime. Heading to town centre to post some BVD samples and about 7 young bullocks on the side of the road. Two or three cars just passed them and kept going so I stopped up, flashers on, hopped out and managed to get them back in without much fuss. Let the guards know then and they were going to contact the landowner and try and fix up the gap. I am in the office gear and a lad in a van behind me shouted to me' You'd make a handy farmer.'

Had to do the same one night in pure darkness but was in the farmer gear. Got some amount of abuse from drivers passing by even tho they weren't even my cattle.

Reggie. wrote: »
    Had to do the same one night in pure darkness but was in the farmer gear. Got some amount of abuse from drivers passing by even tho they weren't even my cattle.

Same happened me about 2 years ago. I didn't get abuse but I could tel by the looks I got that they were thinking bad thoughts!! :D

Reggie. wrote: »

My OH and myself were coming home from town late one night around 2am and came across some bullocks on the road about a mile from home. So we went into the nearest farmers house and said it to him but they weren't his.

So the 3 of us went onto the next neighbours house and knocked for a few minutes until the lady of the house appeared at the window to see what the racket was about.

She came down and opened the door for us, her in a rather short nightdress and invited us in. We explained the story and she said they sounded like their cattle and said to wait while she got the hubby. Down again, still in the nightdress, and proceeded to make tea for us all.

After about 10 minutes, the hubby arrives and we all hop into the car and head back up the road with flashlights and drive the cattle home.

More tea had to be had, herself still in the nightdress, and after a bit of chat, the first neighbour said he'd cross the fields home and the hubby goes with him to say thanks and give him the torch.

The lady of the house then explains the reason for the long delay in the hubby coming down. He wears a headpiece and refuses to be seen without it so it had to go on and be fixed in place before he would come down to sort the cattle.

Tbh, I wasn't half as shocked by that news as I was by the nightdress:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

My OH and myself were coming home from town late one night around 2am and came across some bullocks on the road about a mile from home. So we went into the nearest farmers house and said it to him but they weren't his.

So the 3 of us went onto the next neighbours house and knocked for a few minutes until the lady of the house appeared at the window to see what the racket was about.

She came down and opened the door for us, her in a rather short nightdress and invited us in. We explained the story and she said they sounded like their cattle and said to wait while she got the hubby. Down again, still in the nightdress, and proceeded to make tea for us all.

After about 10 minutes, the hubby arrives and we all hop into the car and head back up the road with flashlights and drive the cattle home.

More tea had to be had, herself still in the nightdress, and after a bit of chat, the first neighbour said he'd cross the fields home and the hubby goes with him to say thanks and give him the torch.

The lady of the house then explains the reason for the long delay in the hubby coming down. He wears a headpiece and refuses to be seen without it so it had to go on and be fixed in place before he would come down to sort the cattle.

Lol. That sounds like the start of a Myles na gCopaleen short story :D

One rescue was executed on the old main Mallow to Cork dual carriage way.

Thoroughbred horse in the middle panicked out of its mind with idiots blowing their horns at the poor animal.

Had to put the jeep sideways with the hazards on and managed to get the horse through a gate way into a stubble field. Rang the guards with the location as there was no house nearby.

Some people are just idiots ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Didn’t know where that story was going!

I'm back in the office now....have the phone on the desk in front of me....watching a cow calving on the camera. Lots of unexpected farming going on today! :D

gozunda wrote: »
    Lol. That sound like the start of a Myles na gCopaleen short story :D

One rescue was executed on the old main Mallow to Cork dual carriage way.

Thoroughbred horse in the middle panicked out of its mind with idiots blowing their horns at the poor animal.

Had to put the jeep sideways with the hazards on and managed to get the horse through a gate way into a stubble field. Rang the guards with the location as there was no house nearby.

Some people are just idiots ...

We had a heifer on the motorway years ago only for we got the guards out traffic wouldn't slow down. Another heart attack moment....

Parishlad wrote: »
    I'm back in the office now....have the phone on the desk in front of me....watching a cow calving on the camera. Lots of unexpected farming going on today! :D

She's just after popping it out. Looks a fine sized calf and very alert/lively! Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

kinda reminded me of a story re a batchelor farmer who used to visit a couple years ago, your wan fancied this fellow and in spite of showing a bit of skirt and dropping hints if they were alone nothing ever happened.

he was more interested in her home made brown bread, but was always only offered 1 slice with the 'tae'

one night the husband excused himself and said he had to check a heifer in the far meadow and would be back in half an hour or so

herself opened a couple of buttons on the blouse and leaning forward said,

"Johnny now's your chance"

So Johnny scoffed the entire cake at speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Have a bull weanling that was small and bunty so I left him entire to see if he would grow a bit. Found him this morning working hard at the rear end of my ancient (very ancient, 31+ years!) mare. She had a long suffering look about her. Chased him away to feed her and back he arrived to continue his hopeless task! Phoned the vet to make appointment to separate him from his tackle! Serves me right for feeling sorry for him. He's in field with several in-calf cows so obviously the horse was the best bet in his befuddled brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭visatorro

Just as well the chief was there to keep manners on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭I says

Ffs I was ready to pull the stomach off myself with this wife swapping story but no a fcuking rug is the punchline :):):):)

Was looking on DD at vans earlier as I’m still toying with idea of changing the jeep for a van.

Saw a nice one with a commercial motor dealer on Cootehill I’ve mever dealt with but been warned off a few times. Ad was 14 days old so I presumed it was maybe sold. Messaged a query and got a reply within an hour and all seemed good.
    Back onto DD but couldn’t find the ad, eventually found it renewed and price increased by €1000 from €7750 to €8750. FFS !
    Thought it was awful bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hope you rang him and told him where he could stick his van, and why.

_Brian wrote: »
    Was looking on DD at vans earlier as I’m still toying with idea of changing the jeep for a van.

Saw a nice one with a commercial motor dealer on Cootehill I’ve mever dealt with but been warned off a few times. Ad was 14 days old so I presumed it was maybe sold. Messaged a query and got a reply within an hour and all seemed good.
    Back onto DD but couldn’t find the ad, eventually found it renewed and price increased by €1000 from €7750 to €8750. FFS !

That's cavan for ya

That's cavan for ya

🤭

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Hope you rang him and told him where he could stick his van, and why.

Didn’t bother.
    Just mad I hadn’t a snapshot of the ad.

I’ll favourite the add though and keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement

Chocolate pizza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

_Brian wrote: »

What a flute. It will be there for another 14 days. My patrol failed the test this year and couldn't be welded again to pass. I picked up a Mercedes vito to get me going until a reasonable priced decent secondhand jeep comes up (if there is such a thing) I love the van much and find it a lot handier than the jeep for getting in and out of. 3 seats aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

One for the soccer supporters here!

One for the soccer supporters here!

I didn't get tickets:(

Otherwise....

I didn't get tickets:(

Otherwise....

I think there would be better fun in Liverpool on the night of the final and cheaper

I think there would be better fun in Liverpool on the night of the final and cheaper

Might be a possibility there alright:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

6 bullocks decided to go through a fence this evening and go down a hill through head High gorse and scrub-they wander around for a bit leaving tracks everywhere and then hop into the Neighbour’s field. Other 18 stayed where they were. I spent an hour trying to track them down and I’d say I’ve thorns everywhere! What beat it all was the field they broke into had less grass then the one I had them in-I was slightly insulted! Got them home anyway and they can stay in the yard for the night!! Well earned cup of tea!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭The Rabbi

We'll send someone around a tweezers and maybe a drop of tixol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Being watching a heifer for a young relative for over 2 weeks now,as she's bagged up that long. She' a BB he bought and in-calf to a Lim stock bull. Worried as I think it may be a section. Coughing like mad here with a touch of the flu. Not looking forward to that call in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Being watching a heifer for a young relative for over 2 weeks now,as she's bagged up that long. She' a BB he bought and in-calf to a Lim stock bull. Worried as I think it may be a section. Coughing like mad here with a touch of the flu. Not looking forward to that call in the middle of the night.

They picked the right man to go calving a blue heifer!🀠🀠🀠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Chocolate pizza
    Jaysus.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement