Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    You should ring back and check so we know for sure 😉

I told young lad it must be an Italian football agent looking to sign him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

gozunda wrote: »
    More bull****e ...

I see our ex jailed uk animal rights activist ucd lecturer is supporting same.

Cant understand how someone like that ever got tenure tbh..

Should the guards not keep them under control a bit. I'd imagine without having full knowledge of the law that they have no right to be stopping traffic anyway. I doubt these type of protests appeal to anyone sane considering changing to a vegan lifestyle either. Bunch of crazys constantly probing for a reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

emaherx wrote: »
    Seen on Facebook there are animal rights protests in Roscrea, anyone heard anything?

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/home/426585/animals-rights-protest-underway-in-roscrea.html

I called to the mart which is just across the road they were gone at that time about 11.am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Just back from the teagasc Oak Park open day.

I was never there before so it was a whole new experience from the archway going in to the fine research centre.
    Well impressed with the place and impressed by the speakers at stands.

There was an Italian woman who was very knowledgeable on soil compaction. Showing the soil layers and how compaction damages the layers. Very thought provoking on how she advised to get biology and organic matter to fix the problem.

Then all the cereal plots took my eye and the rye looked interesting to me.

Then trials showing where slurry was applied to crops from no nitrogen applied to added nitrogen and slurry. Then how just by adding that slurry to the soil added a ton of carbon to the soil. The researcher on that part was excellent too.

Then plots of spring barley showing the difference in crop rotations. (Rotated with potatoes).

And all free. Excellent day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

orm0nd wrote: »
    I called to the mart which is just across the road they were gone at that time about 11.am

Probably had to be back in time to sign on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The future is Green!

a4bmOpu.jpg

A diesel van pulling a petrol generator to rescue an Electric car... what a scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭148multi

whelan2 wrote: »
    Just had a missed call from an Italy number. Must be scam numbers doing the rounds again

Is there any country you don't have friends in 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭emaherx

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The future is Green!

a4bmOpu.jpg

A diesel van pulling a petrol generator to rescue an Electric car... what a scam.

Recent study from Germany claims carbon footprint of electric cars is larger than that of Diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The old dog for the hard road... :D

aGw7Zfv.jpg

• Advertisement

aGw7Zfv.jpg

Working lights and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

aGw7Zfv.jpg

It shouldn’t get stuck at the Lough bawn
    A Case might

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

Working lights and all

And air con.

Weather warning in place on the continent up to 46 degrees in France!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Just back from the teagasc Oak Park open day.

I was never there before so it was a whole new experience from the archway going in to the fine research centre.
    Well impressed with the place and impressed by the speakers at stands.

There was an Italian woman who was very knowledgeable on soil compaction. Showing the soil layers and how compaction damages the layers. Very thought provoking on how she advised to get biology and organic matter to fix the problem.

Then all the cereal plots took my eye and the rye looked interesting to me.

Then trials showing where slurry was applied to crops from no nitrogen applied to added nitrogen and slurry. Then how just by adding that slurry to the soil added a ton of carbon to the soil. The researcher on that part was excellent too.

Then plots of spring barley showing the difference in crop rotations. (Rotated with potatoes).

And all free. Excellent day out.
    Problem we have with Rye is too susecptable to Ergot in moist climate as a grain crop and seed is extortionate. Lots used for bio gas whole crops though!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Weather warning in place on the continent up to 46 degrees in France!

Warning for the west coast here tomorrow. Up to 27 degrees!

• Advertisement

MeTheMan wrote: »
    Warning for the west coast here tomorrow. Up to 27 degrees!

We have been in 27 degrees this last week. Fine I suppose when you're not working in it . What temperatures did we have last summer

Problem we have with Rye is too susecptable to Ergot in moist climate as a grain crop and seed is extortionate. Lots used for bio gas whole crops though!

I was thinking of it's potential for straw. :pac:
    It was the height of myself...

I believe it's used in mixes for arable silage too.

There was a stand there talking about aphids and a new type clone that spreads BYDV and how it's getting near impossible to control it since the spray arsenal is being reduced.
    Natural selection and spraying made this clone. But interesting as an outsider to see evolution at work.

There was a stand there talking about aphids and a new type clone that spreads BYDV and how it's getting near impossible to control it since the spray arsenal is being reduced.
    Natural selection and spraying made this clone. But interesting as an outsider to see evolution at work.

Just another year closer to when the European cereal crop fails(2012 was a trial run) and get hyper inflation of food prices. Can't bloody wait!
    If they expect crops grown to their spec and reduced chem input farmers need to be able to do it. Costs of everything in Western Europe are too high to not maximise yield when only recieving world prices otherwise just export the demand to somewhere that doesn't farm to the same stringent levels.

Without neonics the choices are accept crops can't be grown that give a break to white straw as Flax and Cabbage stem flea beetles just murders brassica crops. Lads giving themslves a clap on the back last back end made their Bydv worse not destroying the greenbridge with covercrop mixes that were antagonistic. Are you a good farmer because you don't lash out insecticides but suffer from low fractions of yield loss or a good farmer because you do and can still grow a diverse rotation and clean crop free of pest or disease.

Like to see it stay standing by August in a wet irish summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Anyone see the programme there on RTE about greyhounds. Jeez, thought we had welfare issues in Farming. It showed them boiling a dog alive in China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Anyone see the programme there on RTE about greyhounds. Jeez, thought we had welfare issues in Farming. It showed them boiling a dog alive in China.

Probably the most difficult thing to watch on the tv for some time. Absolutely horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Just heard about yet another farming marriage breakup yesterday,
    I know that some guys have an affair and hence deserve to lose half the farm and proper order,
    But the one yesterday definitely didn't and the wife is financially very well off and going after half the farm.
    Apparently a court of law will support her...... shocking

I thought the bull bar on the front was a bit extreme when he got it........maybe not

https://www.facebook.com/n0butirock/videos/10156165364496932/?t=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭148multi

wrangler wrote: »
    I know that some guys have an affair and hence deserve to lose half the farm and proper order,
    But the one yesterday definitely didn't and the wife is financially very well off and going after half the farm.

Think all divorces in this country are no fault divorce, probably cheaper for the state.

148multi wrote: »
    Think all divorces in this country are no fault divorce, probably cheaper for the state.

It's mostly the reason why farms are set up as companies now and wages are taken from that.

If an animal rights protester protests and no body films it, have they really protested?

If they film themselves jumping in front of traffic and then post it in facebook. That tells you a lot about their mental capacity.

If they film themselves jumping in front of traffic and then post it in facebook. That tells you a lot about their mental capacity.

They'd be regarded on a par with Emily Wilding Davison within their own circles.

That was also filmed in 1913 and shown worldwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Never know what goes on behind closed doors so it’s crass to comment on the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Just heard about yet another farming marriage breakup yesterday,.....

....wife is financially very well off and going after half the farm.

“What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander”

He will also be able to claim maintenance from her, going forward. I have seen it happen.

It's mostly the reason why farms are set up as companies now and wages are taken from that.

Surely they's be entitled to half the company then,
    Land would still be at risk surely if the farmer had it in his/her name

Surely they's be entitled to half the company then,
    Land would still be at risk surely if the farmer had it in his/her name

I'm not really sure.
    That was told to me by a lad driving a loader.

Never know what goes on behind closed doors so it’s crass to comment on the outcome.

Just at the moment I know five or six guys that I've known all their lives who are in trouble and the hell they're going through.
    Anyway aside from that I was away on trip years ago, one of teh guys got a text from the wife that said she was talking to the workman in the milking parlour.
    He commented that it was surprising as he didn't think she knew where the milking parlour was.
    It'd be hard to let half the farm go if the partner had no input into it.
    Anyway they all have my sympathy

We are moving into an era now, where people feel that they have an entitlement to something, even though they may have never contributed anything to earn that right. This is fuelled on by the Richard Boyd Barrett types who have free rein to spout their idealogies.
    The days of people feeling they have a right to a job is now replaced by their right to a free house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

They'd be regarded on a par with Emily Wilding Davison within their own circles.

That was also filmed in 1913 and shown worldwide.

They probably filmed it on their phones...
    w1A8HQj.jpg

Different times.

https://youtu.be/um9GV6_AILM

I was nearly expecting the same music to play the whole way through. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just at the moment I know five or six guys that I've known all their lives who are in trouble and the hell they're going through.
    Anyway aside from that I was away on trip years ago, one of teh guys got a text from the wife that said she was talking to the workman in the milking parlour.
    He commented that it was surprising as he didn't think she knew where the milking parlour was.
    It'd be hard to let half the farm go if the partner had no input into it.
    Anyway they all have my sympathy

Yea, god forbid she would talk to another man. We all know women talk to any man and that’s the deed done. FFS it’s not the 1800’s and if the implication is she’s not to be talking to another man he deserves half the place taken off him to humble him a bit

Yea, god forbid she would talk to another man. We all know women talk to any man and that’s the deed done. FFS it’s not the 1800’s and if the implication is she’s not to be talking to another man he deserves half the place taken off him to humble him a bit

I'd say he was just putting it in a polite way across.
    Read between the lines sort of stuff!
    It goes on everyday.

There's another case you could say Brian that this generation gets offended by too much nowadays.

• Advertisement

aGw7Zfv.jpg

I see another transport company in the UK are switching over.

https://youtu.be/iAIq0wKN2lk

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Quick question folks....I am reseeding a small patch (about 2 acres) and I usually go with the 2 bags of 10.10.20 but I have surplus bags of 27/2.5/10 and 0/7/30 and was wondering would it be okay to go with a bag of the 27/2.5/10 and a couple of bags of 0/7/30 to the acre instead of trying to get 5 or 6 bags of 10.10.20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭White Clover

Parishlad wrote: »
    Quick question folks....I am reseeding a small patch (about 2 acres) and I usually go with the 2 bags of 10.10.20 but I have surplus bags of 27/2.5/10 and 0/7/30 and was wondering would it be okay to go with a bag of the 27/2.5/10 and a couple of bags of 0/7/30 to the acre instead of trying to get 5 or 6 bags of 10.10.20?

That'd be fine. I'd go with 1.5 bags 27:2.5;5/acre and 4 bags 0:7:30/acre

you've taken it up wrong, she was just asking was there any problems while the husband was away, I didn't imply any thing sordid, but she wouldn't be in the yard usually.
    Just emphasising the problem of the farmer building a farm and then losing it to his partner in divorce even though they did nothing on the farm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

you've taken it up wrong, she was just asking was there any problems while the husband was away, I didn't imply any thing sordid, but she wouldn't be in the yard usually.
    Just emphasising the problem of the farmer building a farm and then losing it to his partner in divorce even though they did nothing on the farm

I think you've taken it up wrong. It's an archaic view. Let her pack up the kitchen and the washing machine and off down the road with her....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Out here if youre together for 6 months and signed on a lease together, youre as good as married. If theres a split they can claim enritlement to half each others assets. For a defacto visa here you need a lease signed, 6 months together and a joint bank account of some sort. Many a lad quitened after the visa comes through and they thought they were a right lad getting with a nurse while the rest of the boys had to jump through hoops to get sponsored.
    But then youve the other side too lads that get sponsored themselves and think there cock of the walk and mske a note of dropping it into comversation as much as possible.
    Hard to know if youd rather be tied to a hungry Irish subbie who will work you night and day and then lose a nice bit of youre wage in tax or be tied to a woman and thinking to yourself any night ye head into town i cant **** up tonight or ill be on the way home.

Better living everyone

Suckler wrote: »
    I think you've taken it up wrong. It's an archaic view. Let her pack up the kitchen and the washing machine and off down the road with her....

Alright so, a partner on €80,000/yr, should, in divorce, leave the farmer destitute because that's the way I see the cases being thrashed out,
    A new house plus substantial maintenance is the least I've seen..... along with the washing machine of course.
    The best outcome I've seen is a guy that has nothing in his name and nothing at risk

Long story .... I’m about to give second shot of Spirovac.
    Everything has been AI’d when in heat

White Cow served 28/5 & heifer 18/6
    Is this Embyro loss

Heifer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Wooooooooosh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement