Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Thought I’d get a lot done today- went for a run in the am, OH going away for the day and got a call to say she forgot the buggy so I had to drive 30mins to ennis to give it to her.

Then tried calling her and someone answered-she has her phone left in adare and no way of contacting her. And knowing her she won’t know it’s missing until tonight so I’m off to adare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Watching newly released calves from captivity getting shocked by the electric fence.

Farming is fun! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Watching newly released calves from captivity getting shocked by the electric fence.

Farming is fun! :p

Nothing better than knowing the fence works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Anyone see the programme there on RTE about greyhounds. Jeez, thought we had welfare issues in Farming. It showed them boiling a dog alive in China.
    I couldn't sleep for ages last night after watching it and I kept waking up during the night. I'm still disturbed after seeing it. The last time I had a reaction like this was about ten years ago after watching a Fiorsceal documentary about the cat and dog fur trade in China :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Had decided not watch it, then told today some fairly local people involved.
    May watch it on player.

I'm looking online at potential bulls for the two pedigree shorthorn heifers. Is there any way to view their pedigree breeding as there doesn't appear to be a link e.g. https://www.progressivegenetics.ie/Store/Detail/BUNCRAGGY-FIRE-FOX-RO-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭TPF2012

Just put their code onto icbf website. Pedigree tab will show 3 generations back usually.

Base price wrote:
    I'm looking online at potential bulls for the two pedigree shorthorn heifers. Is there any way to view their pedigree breeding as there doesn't appear to be a link e.g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Base price wrote: »
    I'm looking online at potential bulls for the two pedigree shorthorn heifers. Is there any way to view their pedigree breeding as there doesn't appear to be a link e.g. https://www.progressivegenetics.ie/Store/Detail/BUNCRAGGY-FIRE-FOX-RO-P

https://webapp.icbf.com/v2/app/bull-search/view/1489022412

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Anyone know what the English or French version of donedeal is? We are looking to buy a >2015 2wd tractor similar to new Holland td5.95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

Anyone know what the English or French version of donedeal is? We are looking to buy a >2015 2wd tractor similar to new Holland td5.95

eBay.fr worked for me before.

• Advertisement

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Just put their code onto icbf website. Pedigree tab will show 3 generations back usually.
    Thanks for the links but unfortunately they don't show enough previous bloodlines/back breeding for me to select suitable bulls for the two heifers.
    Any other suggestions?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thanks for the links but unfortunately they don't show enough previous bloodlines/back breeding for me to select suitable bulls for the two heifers.
    Any other suggestions?

Keep going back on the pedigrees in icbf, click on the oldest sire, do a search on him, check the pedigree that way.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Keep going back on the pedigrees in icbf, click on the oldest sire, do a search on him, check the pedigree that way.
    Thanks blue, it will be a late night tonight :)

Any other suggestions?
    Thanks blue, it will be a late night tonight :)

If you want to go way back on the bull's breeding just click the last female on the 'Pedigree' tab. Do the same again on the new page that shows up. You can go way way back this way.

The same can be done for females searched, if the herd is in Herd Plus or the BDGP scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

God I'm as red as lobster after yesterday!
    Wear a high factor Suncream if yer out and about!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Muckit wrote: »
    Wear a high factor Suncream if yer out and about!!!

Saw some serious sunburn on holidays. Blistering and all. Looked very painful

whelan2 wrote: »
    Saw some serious sunburn on holidays. Blistering and all. Looked very painful

I'm not that bad. But l was out for a while before l decided to reach for the Sun cream. Damage was done at that stage!

I'm offically a redneck.

Hate wearing sunscreen as I sweat a lot when working. Usually wear a baseball hat but yesterday felt the burn on the back of my neck alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Hate wearing sunscreen as I sweat a lot when working. Usually wear a baseball bat but yesterday felt the burn on the back of my neck alright.

As nice as the breeze is on the 35 there is no protection from the sun. The back of my hands do burn if no sun cream on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,273 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

As nice as the breeze is on the 35 there is no protection from the sun. The back of my hands do burn if no sun cream on them.

Yea, I never used suncream all my life, and then over the last few years my nose reacts badly and gets red and swollen, so it's factor 50 now on any bright day,
    I had a spot removed from my nose 20 years ago that should've put manners on me but didn't, I thought it was going to take my nose at the time,
    While waiting for the operation after the biopsy it spread very fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I used to never burn, but in the last 8-10 years I burn really easily now. Odd the way your skin changes.

I blame working indoors in clean room with no natural light for a long time, combined with nights my health has never been the same. Exposed to lots of nasty chemicals and energy sources too.

We use the alcohol based suncream from Aldi, easy to apply, you don’t feel greasy afterwards and it doesn’t stain clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

have a look at P20, stick it on in the morning and forget about it, best suncream i've ever used

I find if l put it on my face, it eventually starts to sweat into my eyes! Aghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

_Brian wrote: »
    I used to never burn, but in the last 8-10 years I burn really easily now. Odd the way your skin changes.

I blame working indoors in clean room with no natural light for a long time, combined with nights my health has never been the same. Exposed to lots of nasty chemicals and energy sources too.

We use the alcohol based suncream from Aldi, easy to apply, you don’t feel greasy afterwards and it doesn’t stain clothes.

Whatever about staining clothes, there is nothing worse than getting a suncream hand print on the car. I'm like a broken record sometimes warning my crew not to touch the outside of the car when they have suncream on!

Parishlad wrote: »
    Whatever about staining clothes, there is nothing worse than getting a suncream hand print on the car. I'm like a broken record sometimes warning my crew not to touch the outside of the car when they have suncream on!

Yea we had that on a black car years ago, impossible to remove. It’s bamned here for that reason.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea we had that on a black car years ago, impossible to remove. It’s bamned here for that reason.

You can get a safe cutting compound that will work even on metallics. Have used itmyself. Just on a cloth. Can't think of name of it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭148multi

Muckit wrote: »
    Wear a high factor Suncream if yer out and about!!![

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

davidk1394 wrote: »

If ever a field needed a dose of pig slurry after tbe silage, that one does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭emaherx

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If ever a field needed a dose of pig slurry after tbe silage, that one does.

@ about 3:00am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

emaherx wrote: »
    @ about 3:00am

It'd be a bit late wouldn't it?

That's milking time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭emaherx

It'd be a bit late wouldn't it?

Not for the 15 people living in that house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The link wount work for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

ganmo wrote: »

Nor me, looks like it was removed? What crack are we missing out on?

Was in Lidl this evening. There were 2 traveller women doing their shopping at the same time . I paid for my shopping as I was walking out the out door they were walking out the in door with out paying. Big scatter action then when staff member came out after them. Was probably about 200 euro worth in the trolley. A member of the public blocked in their car. Drama

ganmo wrote: »
    Odelay wrote: »
    Nor me, looks like it was removed? What crack are we missing out on?
    Here - https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/video-farmer-confronted-for-mowing-5ac-field-at-1000pm/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Was in Lidl this evening. There were 2 traveller women doing their shopping at the same time . I paid for my shopping as I was walking out the out door they were walking out the in door with out paying. Big scatter action then when staff member came out after them. Was probably about 200 euro worth in the trolley. A member of the public blocked in their car. Drama

Are our "ethnic minority" not "entitled" to a few sliced pans, hang and the tay bags?? I thought it was only your one, Mrs Buckets sister that was privillaged enough to have room for a pony!

Are our "ethnic minority" not "entitled" to a few sliced pans, hang and the tay bags?? I thought it was only your one, Mrs Buckets sister that was privillaged enough to have room for a pony!

I was actually watching them as they were going around. They had a look at the bold liquid detergent and decided they'd get one each. Lidl own brand wouldn't be good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was actually watching them as they were going around. They had a look at the bold liquid detergent and decided they'd get one each. Lidl own brand wouldn't be good enough.

Imagine how much they'd save in the Aldi shopping challenge...:D

The Mercosur deal has been signed after 12 odd years of negotiations - https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/commissioner-announces-beef-import-quota-under-mercosur-deal/
    Ooops - just saw there is a thread up and running about it.

• Advertisement

Financial discipline refund in amounts due on agfood , should be in bank accounts in next few days

Info for youngsters (and parents) interested in going to Ag college - https://www.farmersjournal.ie/deadline-to-apply-for-ag-college-courses-this-weekend-474169

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Some serious claps of thunder here this morning. Very gloomy looking, but no rain yet. I'm near Roscrea spreading ****e so a bit of rain will help keep the stink down. An awful lot of hay lying though

Some serious claps of thunder here this morning. Very gloomy looking, but no rain yet. I'm near Roscrea spreading ****e so a bit of rain will help keep the stink down. An awful lot of hay lying though

Just see mt cranium has a warning up on the weather forum

Just see mt cranium has a warning up on the weather forum

We had an hour of thunder and lightening there, heavy rain too. Youngest has been suffering badly with hayfeever so hopefully this rain will ease pollen counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Waiting on the harvester man here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Waiting on the harvester man here.

No rain forecast for here. Ground cracking open grass growth under pressure. Most likely will be feeding bales next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

www.agriaffaires.co.uk

Will get it for you in english. All continental stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Lads something really needs to be done about the amount of misinformation in Ireland about meat and dairy... was chatting to a friend yesterday( in her thirties and I’d have thought fairly clued in) she’s had health issues and one thing she said was she was giving up dairy and beef. I asked her why and she said the hormones that were pumped in couldn’t be good....I was honestly shocked. She started talking about dairy but then said it was in beef. I educated her and she’s now going back on dairy and butcher beef but it’s a bit scary!! All the hoops we jump through and people on the ground don’t even realise!!

• Advertisement

L1985 wrote: »
    Lads something really needs to be done about the amount of misinformation in Ireland about meat and dairy... was chatting to a friend yesterday( in her thirties and I’d have thought fairly clued in) she’s had health issues and one thing she said was she was giving up dairy and beef. I asked her why and she said the hormones that were pumped in couldn’t be good....I was honestly shocked. She started talking about dairy but then said it was in beef. I educated her and she’s now going back on dairy and butcher beef but it’s a bit scary!! All the hoops we jump through and people on the ground don’t even realise!!

Was talking to a mother at football recently. Her daughter turned vegan in 6th class as the teacher told them how animals are slaughtered. Now I don't know what he said but I found that shocking. Her daughter is 15 now and she said she knows she's not getting enough to keep her going from what she's eating, it's also costing them a fortune

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement