Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭kk.man

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    If an investigation and subsequent Court case looks like it might cost 15,000 euro (or more, cause the sky's the limit in Court), an Insurance company will happily settle for 10,000.
    Even if there is clear evidence that the person claiming is negligent to a degree (like admitting their children were not wearing seatbelts, then making the claim because the child was "shaken") they will just pay out.

Another aspect that is ignored...the barrister for the claimant will be on the other side of the room tomorrow and the claimants barrister will be defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

kk.man wrote: »
    Another aspect that is ignored...the barrister for the claimant will be on the other side of the room tomorrow and the claimants barrister will be defending.

True.
    Do you remember the Supermacs "slip" case where the claimant was recorded on cctv splashing water on the floor, and taking a few practice skids before "slipping and injuring" himself?
    The Barrister defending Supermacs warned the claimants Barrister about the clear evidence just before the case was heard.
    Out of "Professional Courtesey" .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reading there of an 8 year old spent 10k over 3 months on his mother's credit card playing roblox!!!! That would be some shock to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

whelan2 wrote: »
    Reading there of an 8 year old spent 10k over 3 months on his mother's credit card playing roblox!!!! That would be some shock to get

Read that alright. The first or second reply makes it sound like they are not going to get the money back.

Read that alright. The first or second reply makes it sound like they are not going to get the money back.

I'd be livid. Mine ask if they can buy anything always. They know the rules. Also it's linked to a credit card with a limit of 1000 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

How many power washings is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Lovely evening out here, glad to enjoy it.

Odelay wrote: »
    Lovely evening out here, glad to enjoy it.

Was at football until 9 30. Lovely to be out and about in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Was at football until 9 30. Lovely to be out and about in it

Lovely evening alright, but very dark now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

a lovely shiny 192 Reg. MF parked up in the yard earlier ,

had visions of me having comfort in my old age and thinking the family are so thoughtful,

anyhow short lived it disappeared while i was milking, :(

junior has helping a fellow with a long draw & he just got it this morning

beef farmer as well and they saying there no money in finishing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

orm0nd wrote: »

had visions of me having comfort in my old age and thinking the family are so thoughtful,

Must have two off farm jobs to pay for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

I says wrote: »

Probably Larry goodmans or frank mallons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

True.
    Do you remember the Supermacs "slip" case where the claimant was recorded on cctv splashing water on the floor, and taking a few practice skids before "slipping and injuring" himself?
    The Barrister defending Supermacs warned the claimants Barrister about the clear evidence just before the case was heard.

Ita normal afaik in court cases that all such evidence held by the defence must be presented to the prosecution before the case is tried and vice versa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Grueller

orm0nd wrote: »

Know of a mixed farm with two new tractors, new telehandler and a new digger in the yard in the last 4 years. Mix of dairy, beef and tillage. The story is 4 bachelors brothers and an unmarried sister all living at home all on the old age pension. €1200 a week in pensions arriving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

True.

That’s the way it works at that level.
    They all work through each other on different cases so there is no real case of “barrister Vs barrister”, they want cases resolved easy and quickly as possible. They don’t want to be sticking it to each other in court because next case they could be working together, so they see themselves as beyond that and work together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

Did any farm in the WHPR program get a letter on Greenbreed?

yep, what you think of it

annubis wrote: »
    yep, what you think of it
    The weighing, recording & DNA are already been done.
    Concerned about breeding advice with no comeback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I says wrote: »

Full time farmer

Nobbies wrote: »
    Probably Larry goodmans or frank mallons

wouldn't be a fan of Larry and would be long road to Mallon

Why the fuk if a guy is hard working and knows his job that others doubt his ability ?

too much whingeing and ppl expecting everything for nothing in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

heaven forbid he might of rented the thing for a few days

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    heaven forbid he might of rented the thing for a few days

Probably got it to see what the neighbours reactions would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

gozunda wrote: »
    Ita normal afaik in court cases that all such evidence held by the defence must be presented to the prosecution before the case is tried and vice versa?

The prosecution must disclose all its evidence to the defence before the trial, according to all the TV shows anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

My Father has let me off at the topping this year on the new Zetor. While I feel like this is some sort of way of showing he trusts me & the beginning of letting me start running the farm a bit more. I also think it's the most cunning way ever to get out of the boring job of topping :pac:

Had 20ish Americans over at the weekend too, most of the younger crowd were infatuated with the cows so I became cow tour guide & we went off wandering the fields while the boring adults were speaking! Was great to see most of the cows passed not a bit of heed on them :D

AVkb5CVl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

^^ Are they going to see the Game of Thrones locations when they're here?

All city slickers?

^^ Are they going to see the Game of Thrones locations when they're here?

All city slickers?

They did all the south last week before coming to us. Rented a bus & got him to drive them around down there! Enjoyed it immensely especially as the weather was perfect. Some had been here before & did the north so think that's why they went the opposite direction this time.

Most are Philadelphia, a few of the wives (My Great-Uncle had 5 sons in Philly) are from different states, I know one was definitely Texas. So suburban living, not city dwellers but close proximity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

They did all the south last week before coming to us. Rented a bus & got him to drive them around down there! Enjoyed it immensely especially as the weather was perfect. Some had been here before & did the north so think that's why they went the opposite direction this time.

Most are Philadelphia, a few of the wives (My Great-Uncle had 5 sons in Philly) are from different states, I know one was definitely Texas. So suburban living, not city dwellers but close proximity.

A few yanks visited a farm i worked on back hone before for one night, they were in there 20s and they had never seen the stars clearly before from living in NYC there whole kives until then.
    I took it for granted myself until i left Sydney for a spell recently to where we were often out in awe of the milky way at 4am on a saturday night, even in Adelaide a smaller city it felt like the country side in ways less light pollution and noise pollution and working late into the evenimgs and actually seeing a sunset and the moon rise with a blueish sky behind the palm trees. Altough these past few ventures out of sydney didnt work out were fairly costly financially and time wise i have no regrets really ive driven a fair stretch of the country and landed back to sydney just to meet lads heading home because they couldnt face leaving the big bucks for three months to get another year and in the end all theyve really seen is county bondi and very little of it outside the tea gardens at that.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement

The weighing, recording & DNA are already been done.
    Concerned about breeding advice with no comeback

didnt rightly read thru it yet but see you have to stay in that whole herd recording , bit of a waste of time i think

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Dosed the cows and calves last night. Happy to get it done and out of the way. Got grass seed sown on a couple of acres around the home place on Monday. A neighbour came and rolled it for me last night. Drop of rain falling today will hopefully help get it going. Have a load of topping to do and some fertiliser to put out before the end of the week. Off work next week so i want to be able to relax and enjoy the time with the family.

didnt rightly read thru it yet but see you have to stay in that whole herd recording , bit of a waste of time i think
    Not finding much benefit alright

Not finding much benefit alright
    plus it tied you in for another period of time and refund on the DNA sampling if you bale out, i dont really see much incentive to join

plus it tied you in for another period of time and refund on the DNA sampling if you bale out, i dont really see much incentive to join

Thanks
    Was in 2 minds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Came across this from the Farmers Journal and it relates to trespassers/animal right activists/vegans basically unwanted/uninvited persons on your land or farm.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/animal-rights-activists-where-do-farmers-stand-legally-478144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Base price wrote: »
    Came across this from the Farmers Journal and it relates to trespassers/animal right activists/vegans basically unwanted/uninvited persons on your land or farm.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/animal-rights-activists-where-do-farmers-stand-legally-478144

I'd slap them over the head with a leg of lamb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Out of the freezer.

Grumble, Grumble, them oul Finnish Ayrshire's taking our awards, Grumble, Grumble.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/finland-wins-world-steak-challenge-in-dublin-477965

Edit: #nolimousinnobelgianbluenocharolaisnohereford.
    Dairy and Angus done the business.

Water John wrote: »
    Out of the freezer.

Do we have to take it out of the freezer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Brendan Grace has died, RIP. Legend of a comic and always came across as a decent human being.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Brendan Grace has died, RIP. Legend of a comic and always came across as a decent human being.

Noel Whelan has also passed. He achieved a lot in his life and was one hell of an orator with a mind to boot.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/writer-and-barrister-noel-whelan-dies-aged-50-after-short-illness-1.3953576

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Noel Whelan has also passed. He achieved a lot in his life and was one hell of an orator with a mind to boot.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/writer-and-barrister-noel-whelan-dies-aged-50-after-short-illness-1.3953576

He was only 50. RIP.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

2 fellas I liked listening to, Brendan Grace was a great laugh and Noel Whelan had a great way of talking and discussing, used to enjoy listening to him

Both died young as well, particularly Noel Whelan who was only 50 it seems

Condolences to both their families

Fr Ted episode on now on rte 2 with Brendan Grace in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Fr Ted episode on now on rte 2 with Brendan Grace in it

Was one of the funniest too!!

Watching living with lucy now in tv3. Who's tractors are they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Not long back from a funeral, youngish man, 55, fighting cancer with a number of years but always cheerful. Fierce nice and relaxed man.

May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Just concluded my deal with the National Roads Authority yesterday after 15 years, I got paid alright in 2006 but the deal was based on getting four acres back '' if they didn't need it for the road' it was never fenced off so I have been using it ever since.
    Yet they were insisting that I buy it back....no way so finally got the deeds of the four acres today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

wrangler wrote: »
    Just concluded my deal with the National Roads Authority yesterday after 15 years, I got paid alright in 2006 but the deal was based on getting four acres back '' if they didn't need it for the road' it was never fenced off so I have been using it ever since.
    Yet they were insisting that I buy it back....no way so finally got the deeds of the four acres today :D

You probably had it under "adverse possession" anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Inhfa looking for those of us in derogation to get no sfp. Sound lads altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Mooooo wrote: »
    Inhfa looking for those of us in derogation to get no sfp. Sound lads altogether
    I was surprised to read it.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/farmers-in-nitrates-derogation-should-not-qualify-for-payments-478612

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Mooooo wrote: »

Ah but then yous can pull down all the hedges as you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

ganmo wrote: »
    Ah but then yous can pull down all the hedges as you want

We'll all have to have 10% of the farms as ecological areas be it ditches or whatever in the next round of cap

• Advertisement

This bird was flying around here today.

In a McGuyver sort of way I transfered the image from a digital camera to the phone.

20190712-165032.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement