Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

This bird was flying around here today.

In a McGuyver sort of way I transfered the image from a digital camera to the phone.

20190712-165032.jpg
    Matchbox, cable ties and baling twine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Matchbox, cable ties and baling twine?

Chewing Gum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

This bird was flying around here today.

In a McGuyver sort of way I transfered the image from a digital camera to the phone.

20190712-165032.jpg

Chemtrials!

Odelay wrote: »
    Chemtrials!

Gold, lead, silver, maybe some uranium.

Although on the good picture on the camera she's fairly black looking under that wing.

Gold, lead, silver, maybe some uranium.

Although on the good picture on the camera she's fairly black looking under that wing.

More on all this crap.

https://twitter.com/ExplorationImc/status/1149229807990976512?s=20

https://twitter.com/ExplorationImc/status/1148119213900521473?s=20

Oh by the way world we're now trading on the stock exchange!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I read that as hype hype and more hype...give money!

ganmo wrote: »
    I read that as hype hype and more hype...give money!

It is but knowing this government mining licenses will be granted.

There's big objections at present in Connemara to another proposed mine.
    The geological reasons over there are where the two islands of Ireland joined together. Here it's where there was a volcanic rifting from Waterford to Wicklow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Went over to out farm this morning and baling man was there. I didnt even know he had mowed the field :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »
    Went over to out farm this morning and baling man was there. I didnt even know he had mowed the field :)

Can't beat having a good relationship like that with your contractors. Sure the place is practically running it's self :D

emaherx wrote: »
    Can't beat having a good relationship like that with your contractors. Sure the place is practically running it's self :D

My plan was to go back to bed after herding was done as it's a rare no football Saturday. Feck it

• Advertisement

65 bales on 3 acres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭kk.man

65 bales on 3 acres

What!...the grass must have been over the ditch.

kk.man wrote: »
    What!...the grass must have been over the ditch.

Ye it should have been done a few weeks ago

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I see a car with a 6ft stalk with cameras on the roof driving around the back roads here lately, apple map plastered all over it. I wonder do they use google earth to find their way round?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

blue5000 wrote: »
    I see a car with a 6ft stalk with cameras on the roof driving around the back roads here lately, apple map plastered all over it. I wonder do they use google earth to find their way round?

Saw it in Roscrea a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

orm0nd wrote: »
    Saw it in Roscrea a couple of weeks ago

I was in Woodies in Carrick on Shannon when it drove past me a couple of weeks ago too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I was in Woodies in Carrick on Shannon when it drove past me a couple of weeks ago too!

There was a few local lads mooned the Google car when it went around the first time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Remember to wave?

Probably sent up there to investigate all these reports of silage bales on the roadsides...

Probably sent up there to investigate all these reports of silage bales on the roadsides...

I LOVE THEM! :D:D

Tis the Halloween one in Kesh that'd put the heart crossways in you.

https://twitter.com/NRenaghan/status/1150003644173037570

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

blue5000 wrote: »

I held them up loading cows here 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

When I go on Google Earth I can see my aunt, who passed away last year, sitting inside the window of her house looking out.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

When I go on Google Earth I can see my aunt, who passed away last year, sitting inside the window of her house looking out.

On Google Earth my Dad is out in a field beside his Land Cruiser surrounded by cattle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

"Can't you find another field?":eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I love when the Yank tells the priest to "Get in the car" and the priest repeats "Get in the car". Shocked that somone would tell him, a priest, what to do. Brilliant film.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Have 10 of the neighbours bullocks in with my year and a half heifers today. Stone mad lunatics and they are all gone daft now. Used only have to call my heifers and they would come to me from the far end of the field when I'm herding because the are used of getting a few nuts the odd day just to keep them quiet. Can't get within a hundred yards of them now and they are gone. I'm fuming, an awful nice man but has the same lunatics year in year out. Would drive you mad.

Have 10 of the neighbours bullocks in with my year and a half heifers today. Stone mad lunatics and they are all gone daft now. Used only have to call my heifers and they would come to me from the far end of the field when I'm herding because the are used of getting a few nuts the odd day just to keep them quiet. Can't get within a hundred yards of them now and they are gone. I'm fuming, an awful nice man but has the same lunatics year in year out. Would drive you mad.

Had the exact opposite experience here with cattle recently. Had 3 neighbors heifers come visit my 12. He called to the house and I went down to the field with him, I opened the gate and all 15 just walked into loading pen while we were chatting and bearly paying attention. A few minutes and they were separated and loaded on his trailer. He'd only started renting the field next door in the last year, the previous tenants cattle were a lot more like your story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Cow with mastitis in one quarter. Impossible to snig and today it has burst out the side. Awful sore looking on the poor girl- one more antibiotic injection and I’ll get vet at her again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Cow with mastitis in one quarter. Impossible to snig and today it has burst out the side. Awful sore looking on the poor girl- one more antibiotic injection and I’ll get vet at her again.

Heard a story during the week about a notoriously cranky chemist who had a shop in an east Cavan town.
    A elderly farmer had a cow whose teat got stood on by another, and split open.
    Vet fixed it up as best he could, and advised the farmer to buy a condom to roll up the teat to keep flies away.
    Into the chemists he goes, and asks yer man for a condom.
    Chemist regards him for a moment, then declares:
    "Ya ould hoor ya, at your age you should be glad ya can still pi55 outa it, never mind buying them yokes" !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Might be gone to far for udder mint but may relieve the inflammation and soothe her a bit.

Better living everyone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

+1 on the udder mint or cheno unction to help soothe it, it's something I dread for the next few months especially with dry cow's as it's a horrible dose. Once she's not sick with it then the quarter bursting may be for the best in the long term. I always found that no matter how much you milked the quarter there was still a reserve of infection left behind. Once the quarter burst it should drain out completely and aid the healing process, some fly repellent such as Stockholm tar or similar should be a help. I'd keep an eye on any other dry stock in the vicinity as the flies can spread it from one animal to the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

+1 on the udder mint or cheno unction to help soothe it, it's something I dread for the next few months especially with dry cow's as it's a horrible dose. Once she's not sick with it then the quarter bursting may be for the best in the long term. I always found that no matter how much you milked the quarter there was still a reserve of infection left behind. Once the quarter burst it should drain out completely and aid the healing process, some fly repellent such as Stockholm tar or similar should be a help. I'd keep an eye on any other dry stock in the vicinity as the flies can spread it from one animal to the next.

Thanks for that- I have been using Stockholm tar on her. A lot of flies around. This was going to be her 2ndlast year as she has stars. But I’ll get rid when she has her calf reared. I want to reduce numbers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

emaherx wrote: »
    On Google Earth my Dad is out in a field beside his Land Cruiser surrounded by cattle.

I'm filmed mowing the grass around the local C of I and my husband is walking up the road with the dogs to see how I'm getting on! I have my father's old MF135 to take the grass away.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note I pulled out the biomass posts from chit chat to a new thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057996750#

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

I really appreciate balers today :pac: 11 of these between two small gardens.

TVQ79c2l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

#Mandown

Reggie. wrote: »
    #Mandown

What happened

What happened

Out of no where I got violently sick. Climbed into bed for a half hour now I cant get outta it. No energy. Must have been something I ate last night

Out of no where I got violently sick. Climbed into bed for a half hour now I cant get outta it. No energy. Must have been something I ate last night

The Supermacs meals are catching up with you!
    If you can get Dioralyte sachets they might be of some aid, hope you feel better soon, no fun being sick in good weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Charlie Oscar Charlie Kilo was it :):):):)

• Advertisement

I says wrote: »
    Charlie Oscar Charlie Kilo was it :):):):)

Nope.... ya swine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Nope.... ya swine

:):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I got it amonth ago,if it's what I had there's worse to come, I never vomited like it in my life and then........ maybe I'll stop now as it's so near lunch time.
    Imodium to settle your stomach and slow down everything else ;) and plenty of dioralyte

wrangler wrote: »
    I got it amonth ago,if it's what I had there's worse to come, I never vomited like it in my life and then........ maybe I'll stop now as it's so near lunch time.
    Imodium to settle your stomach and slow down everything else ;) and plenty of dioralyte

I already got the double whammy

I already got the double whammy

Imodium works nearly immediately and you can get it across the counter without perscription, I had the dose on the Bank holiday weekend so had to go to MIDOC. I didn't realise there was a chemists open, anyway he told me to take two imodium and I probably wouldn't need to take another one and he was right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

I really appreciate balers today 11 of these between two small gardens.

Lovely collection of Cocks there madame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭kk.man

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Lovely collection of Cocks there madame

Hope she still has the buck rake (as we called it). It was the most versatile implement here for ages!

wrangler wrote: »
    Imodium works nearly immediately and you can get it across the counter without perscription, I had the dose on the Bank holiday weekend so had to go to MIDOC. I didn't realise there was a chemists open, anyway he told me to take two imodium and I probably wouldn't need to take another one and he was right

Youngest lad here gets really bad vomiting when he gets a bug. We can now just by pass everyone waiting in casualty and they give him an injection asap to stop it. Really horrible to watch him. I wonder what's in it as it stops it very quickly

kk.man wrote: »
    Hope she still has the buck rake (as we called it). It was the most versatile implement here for ages!

We turned our buckrake into a creep feeder :pac:
    Neighbour still has one though!

Just watching Brendan Graces funeral, the guy reading the lesson finished it saying ''this is the word of the Lord......roight''
    It's being streamed live on RTE Now , Quite funny in places as you'd expect

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement